PDA

View Full Version : Ukee Police & DFO Presence

IronNoggin
07-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Just a Head's Up to any that might be fishing the Ukee / Barkley Sound area in the next while...

For the past week there has been a HUGE presence of RCMP, Parks & DFO both out on The Pond, in the Harbor and Dockside. They are targeting on every single sport rig they run across - looks to be some kind of training mission of sorts.

Got pulled over for the standard equipment / papers / license / barbless near Swale the other day, and Buddies have had the same (some actually boarded) from as far as Long Beach down to the whole of the Sound. Ladz I ran into were quite courteous, and went about their business with a friendly attitude. Of course we too were polite and accommodating, smiling and joking as we reminded them that slack tide was nearly upon us. :mrgreen:

Good idea to run over all of your equipment and paperwork if wandering out there! They will be on the prowl for the Bad Actors (Nailed a few already! Good Work Gentz!) for the next little while...

Cheers,
Nog

Sofa King
07-13-2013, 12:38 PM
thanks for the heads up.
i'll let my brah know.
not that it matters, he's almost anal about following the rules to a t.
something I noticed when I was down there, everyone was filleting their fish at the docks.
head, tail, guts, all slid into the water, with just the nice fillets put in the cooler.
and it's crazy how many boats fish the morning then run in to get their catch home so they can go back out and catch their limit again.

IronNoggin
07-13-2013, 01:35 PM
... something I noticed when I was down there, everyone was filleting their fish at the docks.
head, tail, guts, all slid into the water, with just the nice fillets put in the cooler.
and it's crazy how many boats fish the morning then run in to get their catch home so they can go back out and catch their limit again.

Both acts are Illegal. NO dumping of guts etc in the boat basin whatsoever - attracts the sea lions and they are a Damn Nuisance! :evil:
New Harbor Manager is enforcing this strictly (as did the last) and he bench-presses 750 POUNDS! :shock:
Fillets MUST have the tail attached - $ 250.00 per fillet that doesn't.

Double Dipping is being watched and recorded. Simply a matter of time before those doing so get shut down.

Cheers,
Nog

Sofa King
07-13-2013, 01:55 PM
good to hear.

how many fish does a person need anyway.
it seems like people just seem to think that they HAVE to take the limit, just because it's allowed.
I've still never taken 3 deer in a season, I could never eat that much meat in a year, especially if I got a moose as well.