PDA

View Full Version : 5-15C Moose draw

Cherylgrono
07-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Man did I get lucky this year. got drawn for a bull moose in 5-15C (Oct 15-31). Never hunted moose (ever) or even been in this region before. Anyone have any advice on "likely" spots for success in this area? Will be tenting, so any advice on locations for this would also be appreciated.

Thanks

warnniklz
07-12-2013, 12:17 AM
If you break down out there and walk back to the general store... make sure the tow truck company sends out a tow truck big enough to tow your vehicle

f350ps
07-12-2013, 07:48 AM
That's a tough area to hunt, thick, thick bush and limited access. There is a few fairly new slashes but it's steep country, there's a reason the odds are so good. K

07-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Native Blockade area ........

srupp
07-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Great draw..slightly late however the bulls will still respond..and NO NATIVE BLOCKADES..anywhere from the very north at McLeese lake to south endalong the 108 and in between holds moose...Ive chased em here for 30 years.
I know of some spots that might be nice for camping and hold bulls send me a pm if you want and I will give some suggestions..depends on your vehicle ..and during deer season I will keep a lopok out for areas that havnt been hunted hard and show moose sign...seriously there really are that many areas to hunt moose in that draw..

cheers

Steven

Osprey
07-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Got the draw also. But mine is the September 10-30.

bcfirefly
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
lots of spots. we've been successful on LEH every year for the past 4 in that area. last year my hunting trip was over in the 1st 15 mins of hunting with 2 moose down. PM me with areas you are thinking about about hitting up. We base ourselves in Likely and only go out about 20 mins from town but lots within an hr of there and some decent tent sites

f350ps
07-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Great draw..slightly late however the bulls will still respond..and NO NATIVE BLOCKADES..anywhere from the very north at McLeese lake to south endalong the 108 and in between holds moose...Ive chased em here for 30 years.
I know of some spots that might be nice for camping and hold bulls send me a pm if you want and I will give some suggestions..depends on your vehicle ..and during deer season I will keep a lopok out for areas that havnt been hunted hard and show moose sign...seriously there really are that many areas to hunt moose in that draw..

cheers

Steven
Better check yer LEH maps, no where near McLeese or 108, but you knew that! K

f350ps
07-12-2013, 08:41 PM
lots of spots. we've been successful on LEH every year for the past 4 in that area. last year my hunting trip was over in the 1st 15 mins of hunting with 2 moose down. PM me with areas you are thinking about about hitting up. We base ourselves in Likely and only go out about 20 mins from town but lots within an hr of there and some decent tent sites
You got the right idea! The further you go the thicker it gets! Spanish Mnt is also half decent. K

srupp
07-12-2013, 08:57 PM
OOPS color me embarrassed..sorry..and thanks Ken I did in fact read it wrong 5-02 c..my bad...

steven