PDA

View Full Version : 4-15

wetcoasthunter
01-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Just seeing if anyone has info on MU 4-15 and surrounding area. Whats the terrain, game oppertunities, etc, thanks for the help.

kootenayelkslayer
01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Lots of huge elk, however, all the tags for bulls are limited entry with really bad odds (I put in for that area every year). The deer hunting there can be really good, I've seen some really nice bucks come out of there. Mainly whitetails as far as I know, but i'm sure there are some mulies around. The terrain is fairly typical for the West Kootenays, not really rough, but the majority of it is pretty thick.

rocksteady
01-11-2007, 01:29 PM
As well, from the North End Access, Fauquier, there is not much road heading SOuth, Just the Octopus FSR I believe.

From the South end (castlegar), I beileve there is only road access just past Deer Creek....

Look at the backroads map book, page 1,2 and 9...

If you were to do it as a boat and beach trip I think you could have some decent success..

Chuck
01-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I've hunted 4-15 since a kid, and still do. Whiteys, mulies, elk. There's bear of course. I haven't hunted elk,but I think it's 6 point on open tag. Unsure about LEH. There's goat too, but no season I think. Access is fairly limited, come south from Applegrove, just south of Fauquier. Actually you can drive right to Passmore in a good 4X4 on that route. Go up the Columbia from Castlegar but you run out of road eventually. Some good side roads have vehicle restrictions on them. You can go in from Robson via Pass Creek. It's a large area for sure with not many choices of access roads, but if you can get up higher there's lots of clear cuts etc. I think the locals concentrate on elk and mulies. Mulie racks are fair, but I believe some of the elk can be monsters. Of course there are grouse as well as turkeys. I would recommend that "Backroad Mapbook". The terrain is narrow valleys and fairly steep mountains that can flatten out on top or not. Hope this helps a bit! :smile:

Mark_S
01-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Elk is LEH in the area and just about every road in the southern part is a vehicle closure for hunting.