PDA

View Full Version : snowy protected area sheep draw keremeos

BCOUTDOORED
07-10-2013, 09:33 AM
anyone get lucky with that draw? I know exactly where the rams are there as last year my boy snuck up to 7 rams (3 shooters) with his bow and as h e was drawing back, the local guide and his client , hiding in the rocks rifled the ram from just below him, then fired another shot into the air to scare the other rams away. its a tough hike in there and i would LOVE to show anyone who has that draw , exactly where to get a ram. trust me youll need this info.

07-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Wow, that's scary! Did you report him? Sounds like illegal interference.

GoatGuy
07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Had heard about this incident through the rumour mill - surprised as I quite like those guys and have never heard much negative. Suggest you report this incident to the COS.

Have the draw this year, after putting in for 20 years. Can't wait for september!

Stone Sheep Steve
07-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Had heard about this incident through the rumour mill - surprised as I quite like those guys and have never heard much negative. Suggest you report this incident to the COS.

Have the draw this year, after putting in for 20 years. Can't wait for september!

I seem to recall a few guys on this site complaining about similar(although more subtle) issues in the draw next door.
One that I can recall was a few years ago and involved a motorbike pushing rams the day before the season started.

SSS

bcfarmer
07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I seem to recall a few guys on this site complaining about similar(although more subtle) issues in the draw next door.
One that I can recall was a few years ago and involved a motorbike pushing rams the day before the season started.

SSS

If we are thinking about the same incident.....it was not the guide outfitter.....but members of a community that control a large area of land. The rams in question were a quarter mile onto crown land.

604redneck
07-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Wow, that's scary! Did you report him? Sounds like illegal interference.
It is definitely interference, pieces of shit like him give guides and outfitters a bad name and are the reason there is so much beef between resident hunters and outfitters...

horshur
07-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I really doubt it!

Stone Sheep Steve
07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
If we are thinking about the same incident.....it was not the guide outfitter.....but members of a community that control a large area of land. The rams in question were a quarter mile onto crown land.

I'm sure that was the incident I was thinking of. Thanks for the info.

BCOUTDOORED
07-11-2013, 09:16 AM
there was nothing illegal about it or was it unsafe, the guide (we met on the trail the night before) was on the rams before us with his client probably looking over the three, when my boys sillouette came over the top , they shot from about 75 yards away, not towards the boy. no doubt they were there first and sour grapes for sure but after a 2 day brutal hike and having the boy spot the rams from afar , doing a great stalk, having some american shoot one with his rifle right out from under him was heart breaking as a father to watch. the second shot was unneccesary and meant to scare off the other two shooters but hey you cant prove that.the boy has been on many sheep hunts before and has taken a fine stone sheep and also has seen the heartbreak sheep hunting gives you. I would just love to help any resident who gets this draw as those rams dont move much and could really help someone

jimzuk
07-11-2013, 09:14 PM
will be there in August any info would be appreciated. PM or email will work

st any info would be appreciated

bcfarmer
07-12-2013, 11:15 AM
It is definitely interference, pieces of shit like him give guides and outfitters a bad name and are the reason there is so much beef between resident hunters and outfitters...

Some of the crew of HBC must be the fittest hunters around.....jumping to conclusions and running off the mouth with unfounded accusations.
I know the local GO. personally, and he is just a business man like any other. While his motives are obvious, he does more for the sheep in this area than any other person. Sure,he is not fond of resident hunters, but that is no different than any other business owner who has direct competition. As explained, he did nothing illegal.

dino
07-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Some of the crew of HBC must be the fittest hunters around.....jumping to conclusions and running off the mouth with unfounded accusations.
I know the local GO. personally, and he is just a business man like any other. While his motives are obvious, he does more for the sheep in this area than any other person. Sure,he is not fond of resident hunters, but that is no different than any other business owner who has direct competition. As explained, he did nothing illegal.

He doesn't like muley hunters either, ive seen him parked at corrall lake and he was certainly in business mode. The funny thing was I used to store a bunch of hunting gear in his mini storage.lol.

bcfarmer
07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
He doesn't like muley hunters either, ive seen him parked at corrall lake and he was certainly in business mode. The funny thing was I used to store a bunch of hunting gear in his mini storage.lol.

He doesn't like me helping resident sheep hunters either, however that is not a reason to make false accusations against him or to be calling him names when a person doesn't even know the guy.

tuner
07-12-2013, 08:12 PM
that's a very generous thing of you to offer bcoutdoored , good on you !!! it's not everyday that someone offers up a honeyhole to their fellow resident hunters. again well done.

40incher
07-12-2013, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=tuner;1354926]that's a very generous thing of you to offer bcoutdoored , good on you !!! it's not everyday that someone offers up a honeyhole to their fellow resident hunters. again well done.]

I agree. The way to get to an asshole who deliberately spooks rams from a young hunter, whether it is "legal" to not, is to help others who draw an LEH to kill a ram in his area. Last time I checked though, interfering with another's hunt is illegal ... So let's us residents all share the knowledge on these high odds hunts that the guides don't want to share "our" land and wildlife resources!

northernhunter
07-13-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree we should share high odds hunts, there is very limited competition for us as residents and if there not utilized the outfitter would be more than happy to try and get another tag if our harvest isn't high enough.

Weatherby Fan
07-13-2013, 10:23 AM
It was quite a few years back I was backpacking in near Flattop and had shot a nice 4 pt Mule Deer and one of Clarence Schneiders guides or wrangler came riding up and threatened me,told me I was hunting in their area and wasn't allowed to be there and tried running me over with his horse,well after a few choice words and by the time I got my pack off, I was ready to pull him off his horse and teach him some manners he thought better of the situation and rode off.
WF

WhitetailKilla
07-14-2013, 06:38 PM
also be in there me and gf both got the draw pm for some info greatly apprciate it thanks !

aggiehunter
07-14-2013, 09:58 PM
a lot of much to do about nothing here....