PDA

View Full Version : 4-20D Limited Entry Mountain Goat Draw help

Above the Treeline
07-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Hello all,

I live in Cranbrook BC and was lucky enough to draw a Mt. Goat LEH tag for 4-20D near Kimberley/St.Mary's Lake area. I have grown up in this area but have never had the chance to hunt Goat. I have been entering the draw for goat for the last 4 years and this is the first time I was lucky enough to be successful.

As this will likley be the last opportunity to hunt Goat with my aging father I would very much apperciate any hints, tips or general information on the zone that anyone could provide. I am in good physical condition and have been training for a Goat hunt for the last year in case I drew the tag. I also have access to an ATV and all other relevant hunting equipment.

Also if anyone would be interested in coming along let me know, I am not sure if my father will be up for the hunt come Sept and I may need a partner.

Thanks in advance for all your help! http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.png

bodine70
07-09-2013, 04:47 PM
There was a study done in 2005 on the goats in that area...Google BC mountain goat study 2005... pm me if youd like