PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Nass River/Tributaries

sniper ren
07-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Heading to Stewart to visit family this summer. We will be there the end of July thru the first week of August. We may spend a day or two at Meziadin Lake and I was wondering if its worth bringing my river fishing gear? I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes just wondering if there is any decent water to fish for salmon within 1.5hr of Stewart?Thanks in advanceCheers

Wood butcher
07-11-2013, 07:17 AM
It's always worth having fishing gear with you :)

Caribou_lou
07-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Cranberry could be good this time of year. majority of the springs could be a bit colored, but there will still be a few bright fish coming in.

nerka992003
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Could always try the tseax near Aiyansh.

Bobfl
07-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Take your gear, cranberry is good from July 1-31st. Best fishing is about 8km. If you walk to falls at 5km lots of blowdown but good viewing for springs below falls. this is closed, You can fish above falls past triangle signs, Nass has incredible fishing, go over single lane bridge on highway, take first left and stay left for about 5 km. Vehicles will be parked by trail. Trail goes down to bell rock. The fishing is great, long casts. use 7000 or equivalent. 6500 ambassadeur is minimal reel. Be careful big fish will rip the gears apart in small reels. Cranberry river is at 75km on highway . Cranberry fish 15-30 lbs. Nass fish 15-40 lbs. long leaders on both rivers. min 8 ft long. roe can be used on cranberry.

sniper ren
07-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the replies much appreciated. I will defiantly be taking all my gear. We will only have a couple of days to fish but looking forward to exploring some new water!

Cheers

I will let you guys know how we make out.

Caretaker
07-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Be very carefull on that rock were the Mezzadin flows into the Nass.very dangerous l have seen a few people slip off the rock in their gear, and were never seen again

Sofa King
07-12-2013, 09:03 AM
pretty easy to have the rod and gear in the vehicle.
at all times I have a casting rod and a small case of spoons and spinners in the truck.

albravo2
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
If I remember the signpost correctly, 14k on the New Aiyansh FSR takes you down to a fabulous little spot on the Cranberry. I've hauled many a big spring out of there.

I've never fished the Tseax but I've always heard the fish are huge.