PDA

View Full Version : Any salmon runs in the Fraser this time of year???

Whopperman
07-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Looking to bring the kids and wife out for a couple hours on the Langley side, picnic and so forth. I know its a pink year but was wondering if there is an early summer run of chinook or coho.. Saw some people fishing but not many. The people I did see fishing were sitting down in lawn chairs which would indicate to me loooooooong waits. My four year old daughter hates long waits. Just wondering if its worth throwing some gear in the water. Actually that's a silly question, it's always worth throwing gear in the water.

keoke
07-07-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/fraser-eng.html

browningboy
07-07-2013, 08:49 PM
The springs are showing up in Harrison River this weekend, in a month and a bit the river will be awesome

rides bike to work
07-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Springs open July 27

adriaticum
07-07-2013, 11:00 PM
There is no place for a picnic and fishing for springs in Langley right now.
Fraser is not open for springs yet.

tubby
07-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Take your family to derby reach, there are a few other bars upriver as well that are showing. it is not illegal to barfish for dollies.

tubby
07-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Bring bug spray skeeters are horrible...

ducktoller
07-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Closed to all Salmon until the 27th, I hit pretty well for trout over at Mill in Abby if you want to keep the kids more entertained. I was spinning off the side of the dock but that was before the heat.

Derby is nice for the kids (more entertainment with beachyness, big field, dog park, etc but there are ots of other bars around these parts.