PDA

View Full Version : My goat leh in jeopardy. Looking for new hunting partner.

allan
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
My goat plans for mid sept 2013 are falling apart. I need a new partner and another place to go now.(He was the only one successful for our goat draw. And work is already threatening his whole season)
anyways, if anyone is going on a mtn hunt I would love to be able to go with.
I bow hunt so if your carrying a gun I'd prob just pack my spotter and enjoy the mtns scenery.
My biggest problem is I can only leave on a sun aft. And have to be home for work the following mon morn. So that gives me exactly 7 days to get out there.
If your looking for a hunting partner or just wouldn't mind the extra person let me know.
(I'm choked because my hunting partner scored leh goat, moose, and grizz. I got nothing and it looks like we're only going to be able to pull off one species together. I wish Leh's would come out sooner so this wouldn't happen. Grrrrr!)

Everett
07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Why don't you just head someplace with a open Goat season lots of places in BC are not on draw.

604redneck
07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Me and a buddy have draws in the west koots if u wanna pm me i dont see how an extra set of eyes have ever hurt....plus big high country mule deer in this area

Paulyman
07-06-2013, 09:16 AM
I am looking for a goat hunting partner, scored a goat draw out in the Pemberton area, 3-33 zone e.I'm only going on the hunt for the meat and the hunt itself,so if you were to join you would have first dibs on the trophy if you wanted it and some of the meat of course. I will be heading up there on the weekends to do some scouting and will be going up in September on the weekends as well, hopefully that works for you.

allan
07-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Why don't you just head someplace with a open Goat season lots of places in BC are not on draw.
My family is not keen on my idea that solo mtn goat hunting is such a good idea. I would go by myself if they would be fine with it. So now I need someone else to try and hunt with that has the same level as me for passion, fitness and humour. Im not super hardcore, neither am I a couch potato.

RiverOtter
07-07-2013, 08:25 AM
My family is not keen on my idea that solo mtn goat hunting is such a good idea. I would go by myself if they would be fine with it. So now I need someone else to try and hunt with that has the same level as me for passion, fitness and humour. Im not super hardcore, neither am I a couch potato.

Can't say I blame 'em. I've done a couple solo goat hunts, and shite can get sideways fast in that kinda terrain.

HarryToolips
07-07-2013, 09:35 AM
I've got a LEH goat draw in region 3-16 zone G (near Lytton), so not all that far from you. It starts Sept 1 til Oct 31, I'm thinkin if not too hot goin up Labour day weekend, plus I might get a few days in the last week of Sept..I've never goat hunted before so I'm sure I could learn lots from ya, if your interested PM me thanks eh

Above the Treeline
07-07-2013, 05:40 PM
I was drawn for goat in 4-20D near Cranbrook/Kimberley BC if your interested.

BiG Boar
07-07-2013, 05:49 PM
I could use a Sherpa/photographer. What zone are you in?

E.V.B.H.
07-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I've got a LEH goat draw in region 3-16 zone G (near Lytton), so not all that far from you. It starts Sept 1 til Oct 31, I'm thinkin if not too hot goin up Labour day weekend, plus I might get a few days in the last week of Sept..I've never goat hunted before so I'm sure I could learn lots from ya, if your interested PM me thanks eh

If you are talking about hunting on the long weekend I thought that sept 1st to the 9th was for archery only?

allan
07-07-2013, 09:22 PM
I could use a Sherpa/photographer. What zone are you in?
Who are you talking to with this? I can't go to the zone I was planning because I'm not the one who got the draw. If your planning on a mtn hunt and need an extra person mid sept. I'm free from a mon to sun to be a Sherpa, photographer:) as long as we can get close to any big game animals I love it!