PDA

View Full Version : licencing for migratory birds questions

ducktoller
07-04-2013, 08:08 PM
So I think I understand it as this.

You need a federal permit and a stamp bought fromCanada as well as buying your bc stamps for it.

do you just need one stamp from federal govt all season?

Is it true that you. Can buy your federal stamp before getting your core. Haven't challenged the test yet but wanna get my permit and stamps asap

Crazy_Farmer
07-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Still 2 full months before you can shoot anything so no rush. And besides that you can't get the federal duck stamp till later.

What you need in bc is

-BC hunting license
-federal duck stamp from most post offices
- special Fraser valley area license at most hunting stores if you're hunting in the areas that need it.

Jimbo
07-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Permit. (Stamp is included). Get this from the Post Office.

Provincial hunting license.

Fraser Valley Special Area License if hunting in 2-4 or 2-8. Get this where you buy your Prov. hunting license.

Fella
07-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Nothing more to add aside from the fact that water fowling can be a real hoot!

Cdn-Redneck
07-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Looking forward to it first season back at it since about 1984. New dog can't wait.

aggiehunter
07-24-2013, 09:57 AM
still irks me to be paying the feds for a duck or goose that never leaves my valley....

sparkes3
07-24-2013, 09:21 PM
your hunter number gets written on your bird license so core first then bird permit.

heyblast
07-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Anybody can buy migratory permit. You don't need a hunting lisence, core, hunter number or anything else. If your asked for any of these refuse, they don't need them and its non of their damn bussiness.

yamadirt 426
07-25-2013, 07:32 AM
You also need insurance to buy the Fraser valley hunting license if that where you choose to hunt

07-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Anybody can buy migratory permit. You don't need a hunting lisence, core, hunter number or anything else. If your asked for any of these refuse, they don't need them and its non of their damn bussiness.

l have certainly been asked to produce my hunting license when buying my migratory license......you could be right in that one is the federal tax effort and the other is a provincial dip into our wallets, but at the end of the day you still need both to legally hunt migratory birds so what's the difference if your asked to produce it?
Don't know about needing your BC hunters number for your migratory as it isn't written on my old tag but it could have been part of the manuscript the post orifice kept and submitted.

antileno
07-25-2013, 03:07 PM
You need a hunting license and migratory bird stamp both to shoot ducks and geese, end of story. If you want to be a hard ass and refuse to give the lady at the post office your license number go right ahead, but without both you cannot shoot waterfowl. Like others have mentioned you will also need a special areas permit for the fraser valley if thats where you're hunting.

bigbuckbuster
07-25-2013, 03:18 PM
You need a hunting license and migratory bird stamp both to shoot ducks and geese, end of story. If you want to be a hard ass and refuse to give the lady at the post office your license number go right ahead, but without both you cannot shoot waterfowl. Like others have mentioned you will also need a special areas permit for the fraser valley if thats where you're hunting.
The Special Areas License require your house insurance policy number as well.

heyblast
07-25-2013, 04:52 PM
For Christ sake, I said YOU DON'T NEED A HUNTING LISENCE TO PURCHASE A MIGRATORY PERMITT. I DID NOT SAY YOU DIDN'T NEED A LISENCE TO HUNT WATERFOWL. COMPREHEND WHAT YOU READ. Also to buy the Fraser valley lisence, YOU NEED LIABILITY INSURANCE, whether it be house insurance , BCWF membership insurance or some other source.

aggiehunter
07-25-2013, 05:01 PM
and for Christ sake you do NOT...I repeat...do NOT...need a lizenze to spell lisence...licence I meant!

heyblast
07-25-2013, 06:32 PM
What ever you say.

IslandBC
07-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Has anyone ever tryed hunting waterfowl south Vancouver island? I've never tryed it so curious about anyone success. Thanks for all the licensing info , good stuff to know

Foxton Gundogs
07-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Has anyone ever tryed hunting waterfowl south Vancouver island? I've never tryed it so curious about anyone success. Thanks for all the licensing info , good stuff to know

No waterfowl around here I hear you need to go to the prairies to get any decent shooting.:twisted:

IslandBC
07-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Awesome thanks Gundogs , I'm packing up as we speak

Foxton Gundogs
07-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Love a man with a sense of humor The waterfowling isn't bad around here some of the estuaries will get you some shooting, otherwise its all private land and knocking on doors is required.

IslandBC
07-31-2013, 02:30 PM
That's great info, thank man . Always in good humor !

ducktoller
07-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Already got some connections for private land just the first dAy I've been told yo shutup and watch the veterans.fortunately
I am a mission r&g member so I have the liability insurance.

Kudu
08-01-2013, 05:27 AM
The Special Areas License require your house insurance policy number as well.

Rubbish!

I have never been asked for my house insurance number! BCWF is good enough!