PDA

View Full Version : lucky her she got a bull draw

brutus
07-04-2013, 05:24 PM
my girlfriend who is a new hunter because of me lol,did her core last year,got a draw for bull moose in 6-08.never hunted that area  as I always go to the peace,would love to have her connect with a moose,aqnybody that want to share a bit of info on this area would be greatly appreciated,good spot to put a wall tent and stuff like that,a friend of mine as been in there years ago and told me folton lake area is a good place to start.thanks

Confused
07-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Just go to Chapman lake, close to fulton lake and set up at the forestry campsite. Lots of moose!

bigben
07-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Show us the pics after she downs it so we can see the big smile on hers and yours face Congratulation to her and Bono fortuna

brutus
07-05-2013, 06:55 PM
hoping she will have it in her to pull the trigger,i will be there as backup lol,she is a good shot no question about that,we just need to see one,thanks for the input looking forward to this one already counting the days.

brutus
07-05-2013, 06:59 PM
heres another one for you "confused" I have a 14 foot jon is it worth towing up there???? any fish in those lakes????

Rhyno
07-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Just go to Chapman lake, close to fulton lake and set up at the forestry campsite. Lots of moose!

If you are talking about the same Chapman lake I am thinking, up the Babine FSR. There are nice little cabins (Aspen Cabins) for rent if your girl wants some more cushy accom than tenting it. If this is the lake I would definitely bring your boat, nice lakers and burbot. As well you could hunt out of it. I used to work in that area and saw some nice bulls. Good Luck!

brutus
07-06-2013, 07:39 AM
thanks Rhyno,will prob bring the boat,as far as cabins I will keep her away from this forum lol,last year she came up with me to Inga lake north west of fsj,late October worst storm weather I have ever been in that time of year up that way,snow every day,-8 in the day and up to -15 at night in a wall tent lmao,she handle it pretty dam good,she just did not want to get out from under the blanckets in the morning lol,so if she no there is cabins up there it will a no brainer she will want to be in the cabin,dont want to spoil her to much she wont want to go back in the wall tent.

nature girl
07-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Good your girlfriend got the moose draw. Just let her relax and take the shot.

brutus
07-06-2013, 08:29 AM
she will,like I said I will be there as backup,she is excited to go but still does not no if she will pull the trigger,i told her your tag your moose you have to pull the trigger,she was with me on a kill last year and she did ok.

Confused
07-07-2013, 07:12 PM
heres another one for you "confused" I have a 14 foot jon is it worth towing up there???? any fish in those lakes????

Definitely take the boat, should be able to get one just boating around the lake. There are lake trout but I believe they are closed to retention afet the beggining of September, check the regs. There are some rainbows but not many.