PDA

View Full Version : January Bison Hunt

Darksith
07-04-2013, 08:08 AM
I am just wondering if anyone who has been on the January(last 2 weeks) hunt has any info for me. I would assume the bison are all down in the valley, but do they move closer to the ranch at that time of year? Ideally we will be camping in the back of the Zone, but I don't wanna plan to do that and find that the bison migrate to the front. If you would be willing to share any info or tips that you learned on a hunt this late in the year that would be much appreciated. PM is preffered. Just looking for tips and lessons learned from others, not info on the unit or anything else like that. If you did it again, what did you learn on the first go round kinda info.

hunter7413
07-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Was there last year on the last hunt ,guys driving like crazy to get in front of guys and I heard of one group of guys go after the same group of buff on a hillside that a group was already on . Some might say it was a mistake but if you see snow machines parked on the trail it a good guess yhat they are already on the group of buffalo . I didn't need any part of the b.s so I left after only hunting for 6 hrs

Ry151
07-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I went last year in the second of the two weeks that you'll have just to avoid the rush and other people. In the first week the snowmobiles push the bison away from the trail and as people leave or get there bisons they will return to the trail. Also don't pay the blueberry fee. The trail around is easy and there is bison on it. That's where I shot mine last year

Darksith
07-04-2013, 01:22 PM
sounds good,. would never pay the fee and wasn't planning on camping where the rest of the crowd is...will go to the back of the area and work our way toward the road daily...so that fiasco of getting passed and racing to get there hopefully won't be a problem.

07-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Was there last year on the last hunt ,guys driving like crazy to get in front of guys and I heard of one group of guys go after the same group of buff on a hillside that a group was already on . Some might say it was a mistake but if you see snow machines parked on the trail it a good guess yhat they are already on the group of buffalo . I didn't need any part of the b.s so I left after only hunting for 6 hrs

Sounds like fun.

bighornbob
07-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Was there last year on the last hunt ,guys driving like crazy to get in front of guys and I heard of one group of guys go after the same group of buff on a hillside that a group was already on . Some might say it was a mistake but if you see snow machines parked on the trail it a good guess yhat they are already on the group of buffalo . I didn't need any part of the b.s so I left after only hunting for 6 hrs Sounds like sheep hunting:):)

Krico
07-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Had that draw last year, hunted the last week, came home fully loaded. PM sent.

Ry151
07-06-2013, 05:54 PM
sounds good,. would never pay the fee and wasn't planning on camping where the rest of the crowd is...will go to the back of the area and work our way toward the road daily...so that fiasco of getting passed and racing to get there hopefully won't be a problem.
In less you rent cabins from the blueberry band your not camping at the back. Well you could take everything in on sleds I guess if you really wanted to.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-06-2013, 07:23 PM
When I went in dec we stayed at horse camp, we brought all are gear in on a quad trailer and skimmer...and if I got the draw again I would stay in the ol trappers cabin.

Ry151
07-06-2013, 08:47 PM
When I went in dec we stayed at horse camp, we brought all are gear in on a quad trailer and skimmer...and if I got the draw again I would stay in the ol trappers cabin.
How much did they charge you to stay at horse camp? I'm going again this year and that would be cool but I just don't want to pay the trespass fee to the blueberry

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Well there was no one to collect my money there mailbox was full I stayed for free .....I booked we'll in advance and tried to get ahold of them but its always some reason or another that they can't keep it organized .

this is the # 1-250-787-6775 pink mt ranch if they still run it

Ry151
07-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Well there was no one to collect my money there mailbox was full I stayed for free .....I booked we'll in advance and tried to get ahold of them but its always some reason or another that they can't keep it organized .

this is the # 1-250-787-6775 (tel:1-250-787-6775) pink mt ranch if they still run it
thats a great deal lol