PDA

View Full Version : 6-20A LEH Caribou Draw

MooseMauler
07-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Lucky enough to draw a bull caribou LEH this August in Spatsizi. Anyone ever been before (I haven't)? I'm driving up from Kelowna and not sure whether I should hire a guide, need a float plane for access to the plateau.......

Clueless really. Any input and experience is certainly welcome.

Mik
07-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Road is washed out, fly in only. Do a search, lots of threads regarding the Klappan road/spatsizi area.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Here's a charter company you can use to fly out of Tatagga Lake.
http://alpinelakesair.com/

Now, they are the outfitters in the area so don't expect any info from them....but they're good guys and run a professsional business.

Don't forget to grab a meal, shower and a cabin at Tatogga Lake while you are on your way up and back.

SSS

aironly
07-07-2013, 08:16 AM
has anyone run a jet boat up in this area ?
was hoping to jet to cold lake if possable

tank_79
07-25-2013, 05:45 PM
i actually got a combination bull moose and bull caribou draw for 6-20A and would also like to get info and maybe some one to go with aswell

tinhorse
09-08-2013, 09:40 AM
I have heard the road is fixed and is now drivable (2 wheel drive up to 120km or so). I may be wrong as this is second hand info that I received. If that is the case I imagine it will be a gong show up there in the fall

.330 Dakota
09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
I have heard the road is fixed and is now drivable (2 wheel drive up to 120km or so). I may be wrong as this is second hand info that I received. If that is the case I imagine it will be a gong show up there in the fall

I was there for spring griz, and the Klappan railgrade was gone at 1 km south of the Mcwen trailhead, it was a really bad washout and there was so much water you couldnt even get around it with a quad. Not sure how it is now that the water has probably receded. I know with all the work going on at the Red Chris, and the new hydo line, we didnt even see a black bear let alone a griz,,,really was a bad hunt

Avalanche123
09-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Road is open to the Klappan. Native protestors are using it to access the area Fortune Minerals has permits to drill. Not sure how kindly they will take to hunters and I would expect to have to deal with them.

Lots of industrial work along 37N but also tons of wildlife sightings as well....doesn't seem to have bothered the animals much at all.