PDA

View Full Version : 5-12 moose draw lodging?

cdnshooter13
07-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone from the area has any tips on a decent canin to rent in the area as ill be bringing my wife and 2yr old and shes not big on tents anymore and its too pricey to bring the travel trailer off the island? Found a couple on line just waiting to hear back from them. Also anyone know of any cooler space available in the area the draw is for sept 10-30.
Any info is appreciated.
thanks in advance:)

gcreek
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Hunting in A or B?

cdnshooter13
07-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Its in zone A.

gcreek
07-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Can't help you as much there other than the cabins at Puntzi Lake. Not sure if Chilanco Rosa Ranch still rents cabins or not.

chilcotin hillbilly
07-03-2013, 09:21 PM
I have cabins for weekly rent in Tatla

sarg
07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
http://www.woodlandcaribouresort.ca/ , dan and jan are probably the nice people u will ever meet in ur life :) there have great price to :) give them a call u won't be dissappointed. let them know dave told u about them :)

ps. there have the same draw u do :)

Moe.JKU
07-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Congrats on the draw, I will be up that way 5 days after you looking for mine. Never been there either so it should be fun to go explore up that way.

specbelly
07-04-2013, 09:44 AM
We hunted around Puntzi for moose last 2 years. 1st year got our bull 2nd day, last year never saw any moose and only 3 sets of tracks (8 days of solid hunting). Lots of ferral horses and wolves, but no moose. Also lots of Griz in there. Moose numbers seem to be way down, they are there but not a slam dunk. If you head back a bit and cross the Chilkoot, south side of hiway there are plenty of Mulies to keep you busy if the moose are not around. About a 30 min drive from Puntzi

cdnshooter13
07-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Talked to Jan at woodland caribou resort and she seems great to deal with. Chilcotin Hillbilly thanks for the offer but unless you have satelitte tv, flush toilets and a play area for the boy i think my wifes set on the resort;) maybe another year when im not with the family though. Thanks for the info on the mulies too im hoping to at least bring home some meat:)