PDA

View Full Version : Well that just chaps my...

Tim
07-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Second time putting in for LEH, and while I understand what statistical probability is, it still is frustrating that I didnt get a thing I put in for two times in a row and Iver only been hunting for two and a half seasons. I even put in for a group draw with 3 others. Anyways, I'm sure I'm not the only one that didnt get a guaranteed-filled-freezer-doe-draw, I still wanted to rant for a second and see if anyone else has had this same luck?

coach
07-02-2013, 05:50 PM
With so few GOS options here in BC you might be well advised to look to Alberta or Saskatchewan for a supplier of beef to go with your whine.

rocksteady
07-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Missed the deadline this year, for the first time in a long time. No big deal, I get most of Mt meat during the GOS and rarely resort to using leh.... Nice to have the ace up the sleeve though

anotherone
07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
are you effin kidding? 2 yrs,,WTF try 22 yrs with 3 draws with an average of 5 LEH tags a year into the draw. chaps your ... whatever..in my books you dont even have the right to complain yet

Spy
07-02-2013, 06:53 PM
are you effin kidding? 2 yrs,,WTF try 22 yrs with 3 draws with an average of 5 LEH tags a year into the draw. chaps your ... whatever..in my books you dont even have the right to complain yetNow thats the way to end a thread!

Sofa King
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM
are you effin kidding? 2 yrs,,WTF try 22 yrs with 3 draws with an average of 5 LEH tags a year into the draw. chaps your ... whatever..in my books you dont even have the right to complain yet

haha.
neither do you.
at least you got three draws.
i got 0 in over 20 years of entering 3 draws every year.
i learned my lesson though and don't donate to their charity anymore.

eric
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM
The LEH Gods can go pound salt up their arse. 0 in the last 7 yrs
Thank you GOS,means I never have to rely on LEH to fill my freezer :-D

longstonec
07-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Thats why it's called hunting not killing.

Sofa King
07-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Thats why it's called hunting not killing.

nope.
walking through the woods all day and coming home, or back to camp, exhausted, but with a big grin on your face, happy as a pig in sh!t, for the fresh air, opportunity, and freedom................that's hunting.

another wasted leh donation is just that.

Darksith
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
try putting in for something that has 1-1 odds, then at least you will know that you CAN get drawn :)...no surprise though if you strike out all the time and are entering in zones with anything over 5-1 odds...

riflebuilder
07-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I got a Draw this year and last and the year before that, and the year before that I got three.

Spy
07-02-2013, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=duallie;1350971]nope.walking through the woods all day and coming home, or back to camp, exhausted, but with a big grin on your face, happy as a pig in sh!t, for the fresh air, opportunity, and freedom................that's hunting.another wasted leh donation is just that.[/*X2 well said. :-) Just having the opportunity to be able to hunt & know there was a chance you could have, bonus !LEH is only cool when you get one! -:)

Wullfen
07-02-2013, 09:33 PM
LEH is like a bonus spot on a scratch and win, if we don't get drawn, we still go hunting, so wtf!

f350ps
07-02-2013, 09:51 PM
I propose that everybody that didn't get a draw this year boycott the LEH for ever, really show them that yer pissed, thank-you!! :) K

604redneck
07-03-2013, 01:20 AM
try putting in for an area with decent odds then.....

Singleshotneeded
07-03-2013, 01:25 AM
2 draws in 20 years for me...lol, when you've been skunked for a decade straight then let's hear your whining! :-D

hunter1947
07-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Second time putting in for LEH, and while I understand what statistical probability is, it still is frustrating that I didn't get a thing I put in for two times in a row and Iver only been hunting for two and a half seasons. I even put in for a group draw with 3 others. Anyways, I'm sure I'm not the only one that didn't get a guaranteed-filled-freezer-doe-draw, I still wanted to rant for a second and see if anyone else has had this same luck?

I hear you but really what can you do ??? not a dam thing..

The same thing goes for me I get my head in a knot for a few min when I go on line to see what I got ???http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.png over the last 40 years I maybe have had 6 draws ,,on the average I pick up 5 entry cards every year.

There is really nothing a person can do but let off a little steam then plan for a GOS hunt an entry draw would be nice to get now and then but I have convinced myself that its like winning the 6-49 I never do ,,I hear that the Alberta system works very well why can't BC try there LEH system for a few years and see how it works ????.

The one bright spot I had was I got picked for Roosevelt elk on the island in 1988 and made good use of my draw been putting in for elk on the island for ever think its been 45 years for me now and only the one draw but at least I got a draw better then some of us..

I don't ever depend on getting picked for LEH I always plan my hunt for the next year after I have hung up my rifle from the years end of hunting season if I do get picked for an animal I then can change my game plane for that year.

For the men and women that don't get picked for LEH just look at it the way I look at it this way at least I can still hunt the GOS and this is good that I can still go hunting ,,rant and rave all you want we are allowed to do this LOL have a nice day ..

Above the Treeline
07-03-2013, 04:38 AM
I have put in 5 slips for the last four years and drew my first LEH for goat this year.

riflebuilder
07-03-2013, 04:45 AM
made me smile.
I propose that everybody that didn't get a draw this year boycott the LEH for ever, really show them that yer pissed, thank-you!! :) K

hunter1947
07-03-2013, 05:25 AM

I hear you try 45 years and only getting a total of 6 draws then you have something to get upset about LOL I guess we are on the same page LOL in the next 22 years you might get another 2 draws LOL..

hunter1947
07-03-2013, 05:30 AM
The LEH Gods can go pound salt up their arse. 0 in the last 7 yrs
Thank you GOS,means I never have to rely on LEH to fill my freezer :-D

Good point ,,I like LOL..

lightmag
07-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Now thats the way to end a thread!

yep, 15 plus years of not a single big bull draw... your complaining is falling on deaf ears, maybe in another 13-15 years of no draw ill feel for you

BiG Boar
07-03-2013, 06:48 AM
I love how people seem to think that because they've put in the draw for so many years it should change the statistical probabilities for this years draw.

hare_assassin
07-03-2013, 08:39 AM
I love how people seem to think that because they've put in the draw for so many years it should change the statistical probabilities for this years draw.

Indeed. It is amusing, to say the least. People don't seem to realize that any given draw is not mathematically (or in any other way) related to any other past or future draws. Getting nothing for 20 years means you have exactly the same chance of getting nothing (or something) in the current draw as someone who is applying for the first time. It is a fact, not an opinion.

There is only one way to beat the odds completely; don't play. Otherwise, look at every year as your first year applying, because mathematically speaking IT IS.

steel_ram
07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Indeed. It is amusing, to say the least. People don't seem to realize that any given draw is not mathematically (or in any other way) related to any other past or future draws. Getting nothing for 20 years means you have exactly the same chance of getting nothing (or something) in the current draw as someone who is applying for the first time. It is a fact, not an opinion.

There is only one way to beat the odds completely; don't play. Otherwise, look at every year as your first year applying, because mathematically speaking IT IS.

But it doesn't have to be that way. As random as the draw is, it is clear that for some reason, perhaps no other than luck, that wildlife opportunities owned equally by everyone aren't being distributed that way. I'm sure it is amusing to those that get more than their fair share.

GoatGuy
07-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Second time putting in for LEH, and while I understand what statistical probability is, it still is frustrating that I didnt get a thing I put in for two times in a row and Iver only been hunting for two and a half seasons. I even put in for a group draw with 3 others. Anyways, I'm sure I'm not the only one that didnt get a guaranteed-filled-freezer-doe-draw, I still wanted to rant for a second and see if anyone else has had this same luck?

If all 4 of you put in for a group draw you actually reduced your odds of being drawn. In a group draw you only get your name in the hat 1 time.

Might be time for a re-read of how the draw works.

hare_assassin
07-03-2013, 09:05 AM
But it doesn't have to be that way. As random as the draw is, it is clear that for some reason, perhaps no other than luck, that wildlife opportunities owned equally by everyone aren't being distributed that way. I'm sure it is amusing to those that get more than their fair share.

No, the imbalance is not amusing. That's not what I said. I agree that the imbalance is not "fair", but that is the nature of a truly random draw. Perhaps AB's system is more "fair" with respect to distribution of the tags year-to-year.

What is amusing is the people who find it so incredible that some people never win and others win nearly every year, and that somehow the previous 19 years of draws affects the odds this year. That is some funny shit.

07-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Zero for 14 in this household so quit your whinning.

CT

hare_assassin
07-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Some more food for thought:

The absolute worst odds in the BC LEH are somewhere in the 90:1 range (correct me if I am mistaken), with many more in the 20:1 (and lower) range.

Compare that to the odds of winning the 6/49 jackpot; 1 in 13,983,816.

I wonder how many LEH boycotters continue to play 6/49 weekly...

GoatGuy
07-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Not exactly correct - success in the draw will follow standard distribution. There are always people at either end of the spectrum on the curve. Some people will have 'good luck' and some will have 'bad luck' as they put it.

The single biggest foul-up people make is believing they should have been drawn after putting in for 20 years in a zone that is 80:1. This happens all the time (roosevelt elk) and is invariably the disconnect between reality and what people think they should get. Instead of putting in for the roosevelt elk draws that are tougher to get to, but with odds that are 20:1 or better, they continue to put in areas where they will never get drawn. Most people seem to think 10:1 is a 'good draw' - how they rationalize that I will never understand.

Boil it all down and you get a lot of people who think the thing strapped to their shoulders is only built for looks and talking. Truly is grey matter.........

hare_assassin
07-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Not exactly correct - success in the draw will follow standard distribution. There are always people at either end of the spectrum on the curve. Some people will have 'good luck' and some will have 'bad luck' as they put it.

Exactly, but that "good luck" and "bad luck" can change at any time. Due to the truly random nature of the draw, and the fact that each draw is an isolated mathematical singularity, some people may lose 10 years in a row and then all of a sudden start winning repeatedly. The past losses have no bearing on future draws. Quitting after 20 unsuccessful years makes no more sense than quitting after 20 successful years.

GoatGuy
07-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Exactly, but that "good luck" and "bad luck" can change at any time. Due to the truly random nature of the draw, and the fact that each draw is an isolated mathematical singularity, some people may lose 10 years in a row and then all of a sudden start winning repeatedly. The past losses have no bearing on future draws. Quitting after 20 unsuccessful years makes no more sense than quitting after 20 successful years.

It isn't completely random as people have reduced odds if they were successful in the past depending on the species.

KB90
07-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Some more food for thought:

The absolute worst odds in the BC LEH are somewhere in the 90:1 range (correct me if I am mistaken)

Theres quite a few draws with worse odds than 90:1 Lots 100+, several 200+ and then theres the Kamloops sheep, in the synopsis it says 999:1 but the actual number of applicants last year was over 1300.

6001 Kamloops Lake 3-29 A Bighorn Sept 15-Sept 30 Ram only 1 999.0:1

6003 Chasm Creek 3-30 A Bighorn Sept 15-Sept 30 Ram only 2 834.0:1

2078 Squamish River 2-06 A Elk Oct 10-Nov 20 Bull only 1 380.0:1

2033 Vancouver Island 1-03 A Elk Oct 10-Nov 20 Bull only 3 258.0:1

3104 Kootenay 4-23 C Grizzly Apr 1-June 15 Adult only 1 120.0:1

3193 Peace River 7-22 Grizzly Apr 15-June 15 Adult only 1 110.0:1

hare_assassin
07-03-2013, 09:29 AM
It isn't completely random as people have reduced odds if they were successful in the past depending on the species.

Yes, I haven't forgotten that. Still, the standard distribution will apply to both groups (those with "normal" odds and those with reduced odds).

Either way it is nice to know others out there who allow logic to dominate their evaluation of the LEH, rather than emotion. :)

Andrewh
07-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I have been drawn 4 times in the last 2 years, there is something to be said about actually doing a little math and figuring out your best odds and not just looking at the odds published on the synopsis. I will end it with you need to look deeper into the numbers on specific draws...

my wife drew 2 tag moose tags in the last 2 years as well, both being a 5 hr drive from Vancouver.

hare_assassin
07-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Theres quite a few draws with worse odds than 90:1 Lots 100+, several 200+ and then theres the Kamloops sheep, in the synopsis it says 999:1 but the actual number of applicants last year was over 1300.

6001 Kamloops Lake 3-29 A Bighorn Sept 15-Sept 30 Ram only 1 999.0:1

6003 Chasm Creek 3-30 A Bighorn Sept 15-Sept 30 Ram only 2 834.0:1

2078 Squamish River 2-06 A Elk Oct 10-Nov 20 Bull only 1 380.0:1

2033 Vancouver Island 1-03 A Elk Oct 10-Nov 20 Bull only 3 258.0:1

3104 Kootenay 4-23 C Grizzly Apr 1-June 15 Adult only 1 120.0:1

3193 Peace River 7-22 Grizzly Apr 15-June 15 Adult only 1 110.0:1

Thanks for the correction. Still, compare that to 6/49. :)

bccanadian
07-03-2013, 09:33 AM
You want to hear a real kick in the nads....I won an LEH last year, had reservations for a cabin for a hunting partner and I and had my vacation time all booked. It was going to be great because since I was on salary, it was paid vacation.
then the boss comes in with about 3 weeks before my vacation, tells the entire dept. that we will be getting laid off and that ALL vacations are cancelled and that on our final cheque, they will include any outstanding vacation pay.
Since I didn't know when I would find another job, I couldn't afford to spend the money on the cabin or any of the associated costs. So I now have an LEH from last year, sitting in my file cabinet and because I'm "over qualified", I didn't find another job until 4 months later. I had about 2 weeks worth of money for bills, groceries and mortgage left.

Wild one
07-03-2013, 09:37 AM
If you want a draw apply for areas 1to1 or less. Anything beyond that is a crap shoot. Yes I understand many would like to hunt easy access close to home or areas with high success rate but that is why the odds are against you. Look at the numbers of hunters that apply for the same draws you do and think about how many of them think it is un fair when they are not drawn.

I do agree the LEH system in place could use some adjustment but with the system at this time if you think you should get drawn when you are cherry picking spots you are going to need luck on your side. If you don't like seeing NIL apply for the areas others are not.

It sucks and I bet all of us here would like to pull that once in a life time draw but the system does not work that way

BiG Boar
07-03-2013, 09:42 AM
You want to hear a real kick in the nads....I won an LEH last year, had reservations for a cabin for a hunting partner and I and had my vacation time all booked. It was going to be great because since I was on salary, it was paid vacation.
then the boss comes in with about 3 weeks before my vacation, tells the entire dept. that we will be getting laid off and that ALL vacations are cancelled and that on our final cheque, they will include any outstanding vacation pay.
Since I didn't know when I would find another job, I couldn't afford to spend the money on the cabin or any of the associated costs. So I now have an LEH from last year, sitting in my file cabinet and because I'm "over qualified", I didn't find another job until 4 months later. I had about 2 weeks worth of money for bills, groceries and mortgage left.

Well you wouldnt have needed money for groceries if you were a good hunter. :)

bccanadian
07-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Well you wouldnt have needed money for groceries if you were a good hunter. :)

That may be so but the banks get really excited if you walk in with a fire arm, chamber a round and tell them you're here to talk about your mortgage.

604redneck
07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
That may be so but the banks get really excited if you walk in with a fire arm, chamber a round and tell them you're here to talk about your mortgage.
hahahaha ya its funny how that works hey, I'm in your boat right now but im lucky i have the wife i do and she has a good job, plus im able to do side jobs.

doddatto
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
I know nothing about LEH, But if i was to enter this lottery, I would have a different out look then most of the people who didn't win. That's all I have been seening is people Crying about it . Well if you know you're not going to win why get so mad about it. Why not look at it is, I am not going to win, and if you do then, Lucky you. It just seems people Subconsciously convince them self they are going to Win, then they are all surprised that they lost. Maybe i shouldnt say anything at all about the topic as i know nothing about it, But Its the only thread i'v seen, so its just my opinion in the matter. Maybe the rules need to be changed where if you don't win for 10 years in the same draw and that same MU region you should automatically be able to hunt the game you are seeking. Or who ever win in that region cant enter in the LEH for that MU for 5 years. Gives others a better chance. Its crazy some people do wait 20 years and nothing.

Thats my rant !!!

07-03-2013, 10:35 AM

Actually the probabilities do change. What is the probability of flipping a coin and it landing heads? 50-50. What is the probability of flipping a coin 3x in a row and it landing on heads 3x in a row? 12.5%

How about 5x in a row? 3.125%

So is it possible to get 5 heads in a row? Yes. Is it probable? No, you will do it about 3x for every 100 tries.

So if the odds are 3:1 for a draw, you have a 66.6% chance of not being drawn. You have a 44.4% chance of not being drawn two years in a row and a 19.75% chance of not being draw 4 years in a row.

sawmill
07-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Ah,Hell,just do what me and H47 did.....move to a great hunting area.I haven`t put in for LEH in 7 years,don`t need to.Plus I`m too old and lazy to hunt goats and sheep.

BiG Boar
07-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Sorry 1899, the probabilities don't change no matter what the past results were.
Even if I flip a coin 9 times in a row and it comes up heads, the chances the next time that coin gets flipped will be heads is still 50/50.

That being said, there are some advantages one can take in the draw, you just have to understand probabilities. Which is what I do for a living.

I've been hunting for 5 years now, I've had 5 grizzly tags, 4 goat tags, 3 moose tags, 3 doe tags, 1 buffalo, and 1 roosevelt elk tag. Can it just be luck? Maybe.

Moe.JKU
07-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Sorry 1899, the probabilities don't change no matter what the past results were.
Even if I flip a coin 9 times in a row and it comes up heads, the chances the next time that coin gets flipped will be heads is still 50/50.

That being said, there are some advantages one can take in the draw, you just have to understand probabilities. Which is what I do for a living.

I've been hunting for 5 years now, I've had 5 grizzly tags, 4 goat tags, 3 moose tags, 3 doe tags, 1 buffalo, and 1 roosevelt elk tag. Can it just be luck? Maybe.
exactly what it states in the synopsis. Each entry has the same percentage of chance. You must look at your odds percentages, and judge accordingly. Single events, like roulette, slot machines, etc.
Now big boar seems to know how to do it with those draws.
I got my draw that i wanted as well this year, but i put in for 3 2:1 hunts basically

07-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Nobody said that the chance of a heads or tails will be anything other than 50-50 with each flip. The point is that you do not have a 50-50 chance of flipping 3, 4 or 5 heads in a row. The chance of your 10th coin being heads is still 50-50. But the chance of you flipping 9 heads in a row is 0.2%. And correct me if I am wrong here, but if those were the odds of an LEH draw, then we would see the same probabilities for certain sets of events - ie: successful or unsuccessful

So the probability of a person with 1 in 2 odds getting a draw 9x in a row is 0.2% and the probability of a person not getting a draw 9x in a row is also 0.2%, correct? The other 99.6% will have some combination of successful and unsuccessful draws.

Am I missing something here?

Moe.JKU
07-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes you are correct in the math world. but i know someone that wins a draw every year. He only puts in for hunts that are basically 1 to 1 odds. So your chances of winning for the next ten years is pretty good. If you put in for 1 to 26 odds all the time you could be up for being skunked for 20 years. and there are some draws that have stupid odds as well for leh as well.

Caveman
07-03-2013, 01:17 PM

Since 1988 I have had six draws, with an average of four or five entries each year. 1 cow elk in 1988, whitetail doe in 1988, a cow moose in around 2007, a bison draw in 2007, a goat draw in 2006 and a doe draw in 1999.

Caveman
07-03-2013, 01:18 PM

Dave, care to fill out my applications next year?

popeye
07-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Just started hunting again with my father the past few seasons, after being out of the game for 15+ years. Kids are finally all out of diapers, and my wife is able to handle them all without me.

My Dad's only ever gotten 2 draws since the LEH's inception...I just found out I got my 2nd Moose draw in 4 years yesterday. I think my Dad's more excited than I am.

I still don't believe the internet though, till I see the letter in the mail.

Sofa King
07-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Yes you are correct in the math world. but i know someone that wins a draw every year. He only puts in for hunts that are basically 1 to 1 odds. So your chances of winning for the next ten years is pretty good. If you put in for 1 to 26 odds all the time you could be up for being skunked for 20 years. and there are some draws that have stupid odds as well for leh as well.
k, but aren't those 1:26 and worse draws also always drawn? somebody has to get them. if everyone avoided all the bad % draws and all went for the good % draws, then what would that do? the bottom line is, one person shouldn't be getting multiple draws year after year after year, and another person gets nothing year after year after year. they should roll through the alphabet and ensure that everyone gets drawn eventually.

GoatGuy
07-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Duallie, somebody has to get them but chances are it will never be you - just like the lottery and a lot of gambling. It's like complaining about buying lottery tickets your whole life and never winning the big bucks - pretty foolish.

People who get multiple draws every year put in for draws that are 2:1 or less. I get a draw every year but at least 2 or 3 of the lehs I put in for are less than 1:1 and I'm willing to go hunt those places. What you're saying is I shouldn't get 2 under-subscribed draws because somebody else should get them eventhough they're under-subscribed.

Poor logic.

07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Duallie, somebody has to get them but chances are it will never be you - just like the lottery and a lot of gambling. It's like complaining about buying lottery tickets your whole life and never winning the big bucks - pretty foolish.

People who get multiple draws every year put in for draws that are 2:1 or less. I get a draw every year but at least 2 or 3 of the lehs I put in for are less than 1:1 and I'm willing to go hunt those places. What you're saying is I shouldn't get 2 under-subscribed draws because somebody else should get them eventhough they're under-subscribed.

Poor logic.

Wouldn't have to worry about that if we had an Alberta style mixed points and straight draw system. Those that want the easy draws could still get them every year, those that want middle-odds would have to build up the needed points, but could at least plan and those that want the once in a lifetime or never draws would still be a straight lottery.

Seems like the best of all worlds to me.

hunter1947
07-03-2013, 03:19 PM
I got a few dozen rolls of toilet paper left for everyone that complained on this thread ,,I used up 10 rolls so far I am over my sadness I have a few dozen still left for anyone that need a few rolls ??? :mrgreen:..

dana
07-03-2013, 05:23 PM
If people really want to get serious about drawing a tag, my advice is to do some homework. Pull up the last 10-15 years worth of LEH regs and look at individual unit odds from year to year. Also pay close attention to tag numbers. Do they go up? Do they go down? Are they constant? You can play the numbers to your advantage and see the ups and downs in cycles for some units. Constistant units with low odds are that way for a reason. There are countless hunts that consitantly go under 1:1 odds. Why? Access is normally $hitty and the hunting normally sucks. Success rates are historically very very low in tons of hunts in this province. If you really want a tag, those are the units to aim for. But....having a tag in a $hitty unit isn't much of a win now is it?

Sofa King
07-03-2013, 05:35 PM

Poor logic.

i'm not complaining. just making statements. I stopped complaining about it when I stopped donating my $$ to the draws. and you just assume that those who aren't getting drawn are never entering into 1:1 odds. I've entered into my favourite areas, and entered for areas that I didn't desire but had great odds. they gladly take everyone's money, they could try to find a way that everyone gets a draw eventually. what's wrong with that?

Spy
07-03-2013, 07:02 PM
I got a few dozen rolls of toilet paper left for everyone that complained on this thread ,,I used up 10 rolls so far I am over my sadness I have a few dozen still left for anyone that need a few rolls ??? :mrgreen:..I will take a roll, to clean the blood off my hands when I get my GOS elk. :-) No tears shed here for not getting a draw. I do know of a friend (new hunter) who got a moose draw & that puts a smile on my face. :-)

Tim
07-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Well seems like I have about 40 to 50 more years to wait before I can complain again LOL

Rhyno
07-04-2013, 06:33 AM
try putting in for something that has 1-1 odds, then at least you will know that you CAN get drawn :)...no surprise though if you strike out all the time and are entering in zones with anything over 5-1 odds...

Not true! I put in for a 1:1 goat draw and didn't get it. I called to make sure my application was entered, and was told there was more interested in that area this year and the odds went down to 2.5:1. People forget those are last years odds.......I know what you are saying though, you cant put in for kamloops ram, rosie, and bison and be pissed you didnt get a draw:-D

Upon futhur review I see you wrote CAN be drawn not WILL......well said.

hunter1947
07-04-2013, 06:36 AM
I was told from a informer why it took longer for the draw date this year that there was 160 thousand applicants last year and this year there was 260 thousand..

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 07:06 AM
I was told from a informer why it took longer for the draw date this year that there was 160 thousand applicants last year and this year there was 260 thousand..

Your informer sounds like a moron.

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Wouldn't have to worry about that if we had an Alberta style mixed points and straight draw system. Those that want the easy draws could still get them every year, those that want middle-odds would have to build up the needed points, but could at least plan and those that want the once in a lifetime or never draws would still be a straight lottery.

Seems like the best of all worlds to me.
Not based in reality - Alberta won't work in BC for the one billionth time. The only system that could work in BC is a points system.

hunter1947
07-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Your informer sounds like a moron.

Then what do you have to say spill it out ..

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 07:12 AM
i'm not complaining. just making statements. I stopped complaining about it when I stopped donating my $$ to the draws. and you just assume that those who aren't getting drawn are never entering into 1:1 odds. I've entered into my favourite areas, and entered for areas that I didn't desire but had great odds. they gladly take everyone's money, they could try to find a way that everyone gets a draw eventually. what's wrong with that?

That is doable, but it isn't the Alberta system.

The problem is most people think 10:1 are good odds, they aren't, neither are 5:1, or 4:1 or 3:1. I guess people just really aren't willing to use the grey matter strapped to their shoulders. Tooth fairy, easter bunny and santy clause....

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Then what do you have to say spill it out ..

There were 172,973 this year - a record.

Gateholio
07-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Is this a humor thread? :)

i went 10 years to get my first LEH. Then I got 3 in one year!

hunter1947
07-04-2013, 08:27 AM
There were 172,973 this year - a record.

Thank you for your feed back now I know,,

robin j t
07-04-2013, 08:29 AM
well I am disabled and terminal and this is what the hunting community thinks of disabled hunters You try to live like I do
I would like to bring to your attention the way the BC ministry of Environment and it's CO officers are very discriminating towards disabled hunters. I myself have been threatened by our local CO Officer on 2 occasions and have been dragged from my truck by abled hunters and threatened with a beating. My friend was with me and still has nightmares as the ppl trying to drag us from our truck were armed with guns. My complaint was turned down and on to of that I yes I was threatened with charges. Another disabled friend of mine has been shot at by hunters to scare him off.
I can no longer go into the wilderness to enjoy it's beauty before I die and find this disgusting. I have tried every one I could think of and they all say TOO BAD don't go in the bush. A fundamental right has been revoked to me by the Provincial government and no one is willing to do anything

And to top it off I can only eat wild meat now I drink my protein too scared to hunt for my food

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Thank you for your feed back now I know,,
Sorry H47, but the BS that comes out of the part of the world waste's more people's time than the entire rest of the province. Crazybrook is out of control!!!

07-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Not based in reality - Alberta won't work in BC for the one billionth time. The only system that could work in BC is a points system.

Alberta has points for the easier draws - I think the more difficult of these easy draws require 10 points or so (so 10 years). There are many draws that require only 1, 2 or 3 points. The really difficult draws like sheep and goat are on a straight draw like us. Perhaps you could explain for the billion and 1st time why that doesn't work?

Also, they accept draw applications between June 4 and June 27, and the results will be available by July 12. That means they take roughly 1/2 the time to do the draw and post results.

07-04-2013, 10:50 AM
well I am disabled and terminal and this is what the hunting community thinks of disabled hunters You try to live like I do
I would like to bring to your attention the way the BC ministry of Environment and it's CO officers are very discriminating towards disabled hunters. I myself have been threatened by our local CO Officer on 2 occasions and have been dragged from my truck by abled hunters and threatened with a beating. My friend was with me and still has nightmares as the ppl trying to drag us from our truck were armed with guns. My complaint was turned down and on to of that I yes I was threatened with charges. Another disabled friend of mine has been shot at by hunters to scare him off.
I can no longer go into the wilderness to enjoy it's beauty before I die and find this disgusting. I have tried every one I could think of and they all say TOO BAD don't go in the bush. A fundamental right has been revoked to me by the Provincial government and no one is willing to do anything

And to top it off I can only eat wild meat now I drink my protein too scared to hunt for my food

Exactly the opposite of what I have experienced.

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Alberta has points for the easier draws - I think the more difficult of these easy draws require 10 points or so (so 10 years). There are many draws that require only 1, 2 or 3 points. The really difficult draws like sheep and goat are on a straight draw like us. Perhaps you could explain for the billion and 1st time why that doesn't work?

Also, they accept draw applications between June 4 and June 27, and the results will be available by July 12. That means they take roughly 1/2 the time to do the draw and post results.

http://www.bccf.com/sites/default/files/LEHReviewOct2009.pdf

The second part has more to do with electronic licensing..... and I have a warm and fuzzy feeling that it will be happening..............sooooooooooonnnnnnnn

07-04-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.bccf.com/sites/default/files/LEHReviewOct2009.pdf

The second part has more to do with electronic licensing..... and I have a warm and fuzzy feeling that it will be happening..............sooooooooooonnnnnnnn

Thanks for the link - I'll sit back and read it later.

butcher
07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by GoatGuy
Your informer sounds like a moron

New sig line! Or t-shirt

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by GoatGuy
Your informer sounds like a moron

New sig line! Or t-shirt

Some days Crazybrook just gets to me.

Where the rumours start nobody knows, but they always end up wasting a pile of time.

I like the t-shirt idea, maybe buy some and hand them out at the tim horton's in Cranbrook and the A&W in Invermere.

Rackmastr
07-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Some days Crazybrook just gets to me.

Where the rumours start nobody knows, but they always end up wasting a pile of time.

Haha I've noticed that in the short time I've lived here as well!!

GoatGuy
07-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Haha I've noticed that in the short time I've lived here as well!!

Can drive a person wild and you can never track the rumours down. Nobody knows and everybody knows.

BiG Boar
07-05-2013, 07:12 PM
I personally would like to see a once in a life time for certain draws. I would also like the system of squared points for the years put in up to a certain point.

I don't love our system, but I really don't like Alberta's. the thought of hunting bison in 60 years bothers me.

trapperRick
07-05-2013, 08:55 PM
The LEH in BC is Bull Shit and I don't care if you agree with me or not it's wrong. Time to go to a rotational system and then all will get a chance. Again I don't really care if you agree with me or not, this is my opinion. Save your insults and crappy responses to this post I won't be reading them

Rackmastr
07-05-2013, 08:56 PM
The LEH in BC is Bull Shit and I don't care if you agree with me or not it's wrong. Time to go to a rotational system and then all will get a chance. Again I don't really care if you agree with me or not, this is my opinion. Save your insults and crappy responses to this post I won't be reading them

Hahaha....made me laugh at the very least!

Lillypuff
07-05-2013, 09:21 PM
guess all of us that didn't get a draw should have voted NDP so we can have a big cry together