PDA

View Full Version : Meager creek hot springs

kako99
07-02-2013, 02:41 AM
Just wondering if any one knows if you can hike back to the hot springs. I heard the road got washed out a few years back, thinking of going for a over night hike to the hot springs. Thanks.

Buckzilla
07-02-2013, 07:17 AM
No bridge there since landslide.
if your ambitious, you will find a way.
It gets done in winter by sled, havn't heard anyone getting across in summer.
Got to location of old bridge in jet boat last week. That would be your best option, but with fluctuating water levels, i wouldn't want to leave boat tied up in the current high water for extended period while hiking.

kako99
07-02-2013, 08:23 AM
That's the bridge by where the camp host use to stay?

Blacktail 270
07-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Rivers are flowing hard right now. I havent been there in a month but I would guess the river is raging and you wouldn't e a le to cross it without a bridge

Philcott
07-02-2013, 09:04 AM
I know folks who went over last summer. They used ropes to secure to but 1st guy across had the hardest time. He had to go in the river without the help of a rope tied to the other side. Everyone else could use the rope for balance and safety, if you can call it that.

There is a risk inherent with crossing a river. Be careful.

Philcott
07-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Rivers are flowing hard right now. I havent been there in a month but I would guess the river is raging and you wouldn't e a le to cross it without a bridge

Local knowledge.......respect it.

geoskier
07-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Ya I wouldn't even consider going over the river right now.

See PM...

kako99
07-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys I wonder if I wait till September when the freshet is done and take a canoe across?

new hunter
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Bring lots of water , the entire hillside and valley is a gravel pit with no shade of any kind . Personally I would look at keyhole hot springs ( I haven't been there but its real close to the meager road and I heard its nice ) . I have heard that key hole may get damned so go up while you still can . There also sloquet and Skookumchuk , but they wont be as much of an adventure .

sparkes3
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
key hole is awesome