PDA

View Full Version : Leh draw

bridger
06-29-2013, 05:52 PM
The draw had been completed results should be posted. TUESDAY!

REMINGTON JIM
06-29-2013, 05:57 PM
The BC LEH system SUCKS bigtime -its the oldest most useless system in North America ! :evil: JMO RJ

RINO
06-29-2013, 06:01 PM

Pay you Tuesday for the Results today... Hold the Special Sauce!!!

300H&H
06-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Their web site says it has not been completed...did you call ?

LYKTOHUNT
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Their web site says it has not been completed...did you call ?

I would bet if bridger said it is going to happen on Tuesday it will

Peter Pepper
06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't care, mine is still in the f'ning post office in Victoria

kgs
06-29-2013, 08:09 PM
god I hope so lol

Whonnock Boy
06-29-2013, 08:23 PM
I have never wanted a long weekend to end so quick.....

ElectricDyck
06-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Leh can be good but there isn't much you can't also hunt in a gos with a little more driving or work, imo leh just saves gas money, it ain't no golden ticket.

charr
06-29-2013, 09:23 PM
LEH... even if I get something most likely I will not be going..Wife is preggy and baby is due sept 17...
.Only hunt close to home and in cell range...

mikeboehm
06-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Charr is u know u weren't going why did u apply and take the chances away for someone else

ThinAir
06-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Good! That leaves roughly 30 days to book flights and holidays for those Aug 1st hunts!!:)
PLENTY of time! Lol

charr
06-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Well I did not know my wife was going to have to have c section, which changes everything.

coach
06-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Good! That leaves roughly 30 days to book flights and holidays for those Aug 1st hunts!!:)
PLENTY of time! Lol

Weren't the aug 1st hunts drawn the same time as spring Grizz? I can't disagree that July 2 is ridiculously late considering we have an earlier date to return our cards - but aren't we whining just a little too much here?

coach
06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Looks like there are a few aug 1 goat draws - nothing like an August goat for the wall.. There's a few aug 15 moose draws.. Those could be an issue for guys getting time off. Again, can't disagree that July 2 is ridiculous - but most guys should be able to arrange time off or should have done so already as most draws coincide with GOS opportunities in various areas of the province.

Caribou_lou
06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Leh can be good but there isn't much you can't also hunt in a gos with a little more driving or work, imo leh just saves gas money, it ain't no golden ticket.

Hmmmmm saves gas money? Sure sounds like a golden ticket to me!

Caribou_lou
06-29-2013, 10:28 PM
All I can say is " Its about flippin time!"

Hopefully next year they will have their poop in a group and it will be completed much sooner.

Colinofthewoods
06-29-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't know why I am so excied about the daw, I only put in for high odds stuff. All of my booked hunts are gos.
but i'm really excited anyways.

06-29-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't know why I am so excied about the draw, I only put in for high odds stuff. All of my booked hunts are gos.
but i'm really excited anyways.

Because hope is the last thing to die.

JIL_24/7
06-29-2013, 11:45 PM
I keep telling you guys, if you put in for the proper odds you don't even need to wait for the draw. If you put in for hunts with odds like 0.5:1 it's a done deal. I mean I did the math. If I put in for it I get two authorizations. Vacation already booked. Figure I don't even have to wait for the mail. Just pick up my tags on the way out.

Shooter
06-29-2013, 11:48 PM

The only draw I put in for was Island Elk. So ya...... it IS a golden ticket...lol

markt308
06-30-2013, 12:11 AM
I keep telling you guys, if you put in for the proper odds you don't even need to wait for the draw. If you put in for hunts with odds like 0.5:1 it's a done deal. I mean I did the math. If I put in for it I get two authorizations. Vacation already booked. Figure I don't even have to wait for the mail. Just pick up my tags on the way out.

Your joking right? Impossible to tell sometimes

Caribou_lou
06-30-2013, 12:23 AM
Sure its guaranteed if the keep the number of tentative authorizations the same as the previous year. If they change your tag numbers enough, your 0.5 - 1 guaranteed hunt goes to 2.0 - 1. Which we all know is far from guaranteed!

If the tentative number of tags stay the same. I would put in there for second choice. Just my strategy!

Geo.338
06-30-2013, 05:59 AM

I agree, if you put in for the super remote areas , even if the authorizations go down you still stand a decent chance to get a draw . Now having said that

I am not so cock sure as to go out and buy my grizz or moose tag just yet . I do have my vacation booked though . Going with a draw or not .

good luck to all .

bruin
06-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Ah, what should I do if I don't get any draws?..... Maybe a GOS stone ram, a GOS bighorn in region 3, or bighorns in 4, coastal goats, rocky mtn elk in the kootenays, fall black bear, big mulies in the alpine, caribou on the Kawdy, moose on the Yukon border, whitetails in the okanagan, big Valley blacktails, ugh....it's soooo restricting!

06-30-2013, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=bruin;1349781]Ah, what should I do if I don't get any draws?..... Maybe a GOS stone ram, a GOS bighorn in region 3, or bighorns in 4, coastal goats, rocky mtn elk in the kootenays, fall black bear, big mulies in the alpine, caribou on the Kawdy, moose on the Yukon border, whitetails in the okanagan, big Valley blacktails, ugh....it's soooo restricting![/QUOTE

So true! I going after Stones, caribou, elk and whitetail even if I get nil in the draw. Can't really complain I guess.

Rackmastr
06-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Ah, what should I do if I don't get any draws?..... Maybe a GOS stone ram, a GOS bighorn in region 3, or bighorns in 4, coastal goats, rocky mtn elk in the kootenays, fall black bear, big mulies in the alpine, caribou on the Kawdy, moose on the Yukon border, whitetails in the okanagan, big Valley blacktails, ugh....it's soooo restricting!

Hardly any choices!!!

boxhitch
06-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Sure there are lots of choices , not the point here
LEH won't be going away anytime soon , the point of this is the poor structure, lending to such poor service. LEH is proven to kill hunter opportunity and this late draw is part of the reason.
Other jurisdictions can get their draw info out in mid April , and there is no grounded reason that the BC Gov't can't make it happen here sooner , IF they cared to.
But they don't care.

Maybe the whole draw program should go out for tender. Oh, wait, they did that with CIs and look at that mess.

digger dogger
06-30-2013, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=boxhitch;1349790]Sure there are lots of choices , not the point here
LEH won't be going away anytime soon , the point of this is the poor structure, lending to such poor service. LEH is proven to kill hunter opportunity and this late draw is part of the reason.
Other jurisdictions can get their draw info out in mid April , and there is no grounded reason that the BC Gov't can't make it happen here sooner , IF they cared to.
But they don't care.

The Gov does not give a shit about wildlife..
Obviously there is a easier faster way of doing the leh electronically, or by phone,
But as Boxhitch says they don't care..

I've talked to a person deep into our wildlife politics here in b.c, and he figures in the future all wildlife will belong to the natives eventually..

pnbrock
06-30-2013, 07:53 AM
well digger if thats the case then i will be a sustenance hunter year round just like them!!

ram hunter
06-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Give your head a shake u white people with have the same opportunities as the natives. They have to put in draws too and can only hunt on traditional territories to harvest animals but if not on the territory they have to go buy the white man rules. I'm sick and tired of hearing poor white man poor white man we all have the same rights. Like people said before who cares if u get a draw there's plenty of opportunities to all types of animals in bc so quite all the complaining.

boxhitch
06-30-2013, 08:07 AM
I've talked to a person deep into our wildlife politics here in b.c, and he figures in the future all wildlife will belong to the natives eventually.. Just some more poor attitude. Still no reason not to fix what is in place.

REMINGTON JIM
06-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Sure there are lots of choices , not the point here
But they don't care.

Maybe the whole draw program should go out for tender. Oh, wait, they did that with CIs and look at that mess.

100 % Agree with you ! Sad it is ! :cry: RJ

digger dogger
06-30-2013, 08:29 AM
well digger if thats the case then i will be a sustenance hunter year round just like them!!

Until the animals have been decimated, kinda like what is happening with the fish!!!!

digger dogger
06-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Sorry for being off topic here Bridger. :-}

Steeleco
06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Bridger Sir. Are you on the inner-circle list LOL The Gov't web site still states it's in work. I'm not fussed personally, non of my entries are good till Oct anyhow.

Charts
06-30-2013, 09:46 AM
White people with have the same opportunities as the natives???? HAHAHAHAHA now that's funny!! Are you serious Ram Hunter??? If you are going to make a ridiculous point like that please at least use some correct grammer.
*traditional territories to harvest animals but if not on the territory they have to go buy the white man rules*.... They are purchasing white man rules???????
*there's plenty of opportunities to all types of animals in bc so quite all the complaining*.......Do you mean "Quit"????

I could go off forever about "opportunities" but don't want to put everyone to sleep, so I think the point has been made!! Now where is my LEH tag haha

BearSupreme
06-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Ya natives definitely are allowed to hunt more animals, and if they use them all I have no problem with it. The gold river band on Vancouver Island gets 50 elk alone. Im pretty sure non-natives cant ask for a "ceremonial" animal and go shoot whatever they want whenever they want. Again, no problem, but I wish there was more oversight on certain bands because I know first hand they can be very wasteful when they can waste an animal and get another one.

monasheemountainman
06-30-2013, 10:05 AM
White people with have the same opportunities as the natives???? HAHAHAHAHA now that's funny!! Are you serious Ram Hunter??? If you are going to make a ridiculous point like that please at least use some correct grammer.
*traditional territories to harvest animals but if not on the territory they have to go buy the white man rules*.... They are purchasing white man rules???????
*there's plenty of opportunities to all types of animals in bc so quite all the complaining*.......Do you mean "Quit"????

I could go off forever about "opportunities" but don't want to put everyone to sleep, so I think the point has been made!! Now where is my LEH tag haha
What does his grammar have to do with anything? Why would you pick on him for that? You obviously know what he meant, so argue his point, don't make fun of his grammar. Not everyone is as well written as you.

GoatGuy
06-30-2013, 10:12 AM

This is accurate information.

Charts
06-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Have you ever seen a pick up truck dump over 100 sockeye into the bush because they didn't sell them the day before, then unload with two other boats back into the Fraser to get some more fish with nets.. We call fisheries, they launch a boat just to have two rifle rounds zip over there head, turn their boats around and say "well the courts won't do anything to them anyways so why get shot at".. couldn't agree more with the fishery guys saying "F" it... stories can go on and on and on... too many bleeding hearts!!

monasheemountainman
06-30-2013, 10:16 AM
And again I say, what does this have to do with his grammar?

ruger#1
06-30-2013, 10:18 AM
I thought this thread was about LEH draws. Enough of the Native bashing. You guys are your worst enemy's.

Charts
06-30-2013, 10:22 AM
nothing to do with LEH's you're right! I needed to vent because the draws are taking too long haha... no more grammer correction or native blastings!!! Good luck to all and hopefully we hear on tuesday!!

sapper
06-30-2013, 10:59 AM
... no more grammer correction or native blastings!!! Good luck to all and hopefully we hear on tuesday!!
Of course we're not going to worry about spelling or the traditional use of capital letters to start sentences or for proper nouns. :razz:

Steeleco
06-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I thought this thread was about LEH draws. Enough of the Native bashing. You guys are your worst enemy's.

It was, and as it now seems to be about something completely different, it's closed. Thanks to the ones in the know for the heads up. Tuesday won't come soon enough.