PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Kill Part II

gathto
06-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Ok call me paranoid for asking this but. I will be Elk hunting in 7-50 in Sept. The regs show 6pt open and at the same time 3 pt bow only.

How do you prove you have taken a 3pt or better with a bow when your coming out and you get stopped for inspection and you also have a rifle packed up in your gear?

Are we expected to start taking pictures of the wound and the arrow?

Jack Russell
06-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Or pack the ribcage showing the entry/exit wound from the bow kill.....I hear what you are saying.

Could always fall back on innocent until proven guilty, but these days, you may have to endure days of confiscation, questioning and pestering to prove your innocence.

Jelvis
06-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Eventually put you on a poly graph and see if you got guilty vibes. If your doing things right the arrow wound should be visible and will be there. A CO is not ignorant they are taught to go to the source of death. Body language and what and how you say it can help authority to detect if something ain't right. If you are in the right, there is no need for feeling guilty. Talk confidently and act as you did absolutely everything above board, the CO will feel you out. OK, have a great day and congratulations, you can carry on. Jel .. be positve, polite and very respectful towards C.O.s at all times.

Darksith
06-29-2013, 09:11 AM
don't worry about that kinda stuff...just do it right and you have nothing to fear. If you use the bow, you will have a dirty arrow, can it be faked yes, but if you don't then you won't have an issue explaining how it all went down. A liar may stumble, mix up his story and get caught in his own lies...like I said, just do it right and you'll be fine. I gun shot wound is gonna be pretty obvious unless you leave the carcass behind, and if you do, they can ask you to take them to it.

Fred1
06-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Its up to you how you handle the hunt. In places where regs are crossing over like that, why not just take some pics post kill? No big deal and it may save you some time and stress if you get questioned. SHow the pics, have a good chat about your hunt and off you go homeward bound! Im sure the CO would appreciate it too. Its not the laws that "have it coming to this" - its the ones who are breaking the laws. Its becoming a CYA society because of weak ethics and poor morals. Unfortunatley there are quite a few out there bending rules and breakin laws.... :(