PDA

View Full Version : Calling leh office

GreatWhitePopogeebo
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Really. Am I the only one that has done it. 4 for me. Tell me I'm not the only one

Singleshotneeded
06-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Well, they have a date in mind?

Wild one
06-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Well, they have a date in mind?

August 1 2014 :-D

russm
06-28-2013, 02:59 PM
I sent an email which received no response.

06-28-2013, 03:01 PM
The LEH draw is not yet complete, although we are getting closer and pushing hard to get it done. We always run the draw as soon as we can each year and it usually takes approximately a month or so after the application card deadline date to complete everything. At this point I would say somewhere right around the beginning of July is my best estimate for you and there is a good chance that we will have results online sometime next week, hopefully earlier than later (Monday is a holiday). If you wish you can go to our website and sign up for our RSS Feed in the “Hunting News” section of our website and you will be sent a notification when anything new appears in the Hunting News, such as the LEH draw being run and results being available. Once the draw has been run you will be able to check your results on our website using your hunter number under the ‘Draw Status’ link. Here is a link to the Hunting News section if you want to sign up for the RSS Feed: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/news/

Here is the link to our website section entitled “Draw Status” where the yellow hunter number input box will reappear once the draw results are available: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status

Salty
06-28-2013, 03:04 PM
its best if everone calls them over and over and emails them lots too they can do the draws later when they don't spend all day on the phone and puter

Dannybuoy
06-28-2013, 03:05 PM
:-d
its best if everone calls them over and over and emails them lots too they can do the draws later when they don't spend all day on the phone and puter
:-d :-d :-d

russm
06-28-2013, 03:28 PM

It doesn't really seem to matter if we leave them alone or not, this is the first year I've contacted them before the draw and the only reason I did is because its almost July!!!

JIL_24/7
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't need to call. I put in for hunts with odds like 0.5:1, so I HAVE to get something. I already booked my vacation....................................

cdnshooter13
06-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Why waste their time?

markt308
06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Ya I don't see the point in calling. It's not like they're gonna be like "$hit I forgot we were supposed to be doin that, thanks for the reminder"

I have a feeling they are bustn their arses trying to get this done. Luckily its almost 4pm and thats when they are gonna be out! :mrgreen:

Spy
06-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Why waste their time?Because they are waisting ours!

Gunner
06-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Why waste their time?Exactly.Every stupid call they have to answer delays the process for everybody. Gunner

Apolonius
06-28-2013, 04:31 PM
As most of us will get nothing, why does it really matters?If i got something i could wait a couple of weeks.I can realy make plans real quick then.If they told me today i got nothing? .....i will spend the long weekend bitching.So thanks guys.

sarg
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't need to call. I put in for hunts with odds like 0.5:1, so I HAVE to get something. I already booked my vacation....................................
the famous last words :) to a NIL :)

Gateholio
06-28-2013, 04:48 PM
When I was a little kid, my siblings and friends would hang around our various living rooms in late December, peeking under the Christmas tree to see what might appear. We would shake presents, listening to tell tale signs of what the gift may be. All of us were so eager for opening Christmas presents we would do everything short of X-raying the boxes to see what was inside. Despite all our poking, peering, prodding and WISHING that the big day would arrive soon, it never came faster. I remember discussing how we were agonizing that the day would NEVER come. We would pester our parents, asking if we could just open ONE present every day..just ONE!! PLEEEEESE!!!!

Eventually I realized that filling out a Christmas "wish List" was no guarantee of anything, and that no amount of wishing, agonizing or cajoling our parents would speed up the arrival of the Big Day, but arrive it did.

Salty
06-28-2013, 05:01 PM
It doesn't really seem to matter if we leave them alone or not, this is the first year I've contacted them before the draw and the only reason I did is because its almost July!!!

That's really good to know. Thanks man.

tomahawk
06-28-2013, 05:22 PM
When I was a little kid, my siblings and friends would hang around our various living rooms in late December, peeking under the Christmas tree to see what might appear. We would shake presents, listening to tell tale signs of what the gift may be. All of us were so eager for opening Christmas presents we would do everything short of X-raying the boxes to see what was inside. Despite all our poking, peering, prodding and WISHING that the big day would arrive soon, it never came faster. I remember discussing how we were agonizing that the day would NEVER come. We would pester our parents, asking if we could just open ONE present every day..just ONE!! PLEEEEESE!!!!

Eventually I realized that filling out a Christmas "wish List" was no guarantee of anything, and that no amount of wishing, agonizing or cajoling our parents would speed up the arrival of the Big Day, but arrive it did.

Great analogy, some kids never learn!

bobber1271
06-28-2013, 05:35 PM
why dont they just get people to fill it out online and then they dont have to enter it on computer after it gets there by mail. everything else can be done online so why not this. maybe because then they wont be able to cherry pick hunts for themselves and friends. i dont know but it seams ridiculous in this day and age that its not online. thats my rant.

Ozone
06-28-2013, 05:46 PM
I can hardly wait for the "I didn't get my draw so it must be corrupt" thread. Followed shortly there after by the "We should go to the points system like _______" threads.

dana
06-28-2013, 05:56 PM
I myself am looking forward to the "I got drawn for MU___ . I have never been there before. Can someone please tell me where the animals are" threads. :) Of course that will be tempered with "I'm not looking for any honey holes but...."

moosinaround
06-28-2013, 06:12 PM
I myself am looking forward to the "I got drawn for MU___ . I have never been there before. Can someone please tell me where the animals are" threads. :) Of course that will be tempered with "I'm not looking for any honey holes but...."
Or the numerous LEH's are now on line threads!! My bet there will be 4!! Moosin

coach
06-28-2013, 06:17 PM

Dana - don't expect those ones too early. They are usually posted one or two days before the draw starts..:-D

steel_ram
06-28-2013, 06:39 PM
It will be done on the long weekend as per usual. Not during regular business hours. Isn't that double over time. A rather cherry job.

Caribou_lou
06-28-2013, 07:20 PM
I heard every time you call bothering them before the draw is complete they tear one of your cards up. Sure hope you put in for more than 4 draws!

GreatWhitePopogeebo
06-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I put in 6 just to be safe, all kinding aside I personally would of liked to of planned my year this weekend with family and friends but it wasn't meant to be. I'll give them a try Tuesday afternoon. I guess that means I got one draw left. Lol. One more weekend of dreaming for that special one and cursing this god foresaken system. Good luck to all.

dana
06-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Dana - don't expect those ones too early. They are usually posted one or two days before the draw starts..:-D

It won't be long then before we start seeing the threads regarding the early sheep draws then eh? I got drawn for Dull Sheep. I've never been sheep hunting before. Can someone please me what roads I can expect to find a ram. :) :)

vislander
06-28-2013, 10:06 PM

Lol good luck :-D

Ambush
06-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Every day that they don't draw is another day without the disappointment of knowing I got nothing again. Till then, the dream is alive!!

urbanhermit
06-28-2013, 10:21 PM
i heard they were making the draw at huntfest.

IslandmanDan
06-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Funniest post ever, I would read one post, laugh out loud, be done laughing. Read the next or following post and laugh again. Good luck to everyone on their leh's. I only put in for 5 species...... here's to hoping:???:

Brian011
06-28-2013, 10:29 PM
It's funny how impatient ppl are

ianwuzhere
06-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Lehs are cancelled this year! Just go put in your time and hunt!

pete_k
06-28-2013, 11:06 PM
It's not like they're gonna be like "$hit I forgot we were supposed to be doin that, thanks for the reminder":mrgreen:
That there made milk come out my nose. LOL AWESOME!!

Singleshotneeded
06-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Stanley Cup won in the second half of June, LEH results in July...is there a trend here? :-)

Mikey Rafiki
06-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Every day that they don't draw is another day without the disappointment of knowing I got nothing again. Till then, the dream is alive!!

^ This right here! Might even try to wait until I get it in the mail... But I doubt it :)

urbanhermit
06-29-2013, 07:56 AM
as markt has pointed out, the leh office run solely by alzheimers sufferers. they do need a reminder phone call every 30 seconds to keep it on the rails....

000buck
06-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Would be nice if the draws went in in September and were drawn in December so as a guy could at least book his holidays around the results..

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Well it's Tuesday ....... I hope we will know by lunch time

BiG Boar
07-02-2013, 08:32 AM
I look forward to the comment, "Stop calling in for your results people! You're slowing them down for cheap ass people like me not willing to make a long distance phone call!"

Wild one
07-02-2013, 08:41 AM
I look forward to the comment, "Stop calling in for your results people! You're slowing them down for cheap ass people like me not willing to make a long distance phone call!"

If you have a good long distance plan it is cheap :mrgreen:

BiG Boar
07-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Well, I just called. No answer at 9:01am. Keep calling people, they need motivation to get this done! Interruptions actually make them go faster, remember, its government run.

Weatherby Fan
07-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Well, I just called. No answer at 9:01am. Keep calling people, they need motivation to get this done! Interruptions actually make them go faster, remember, its government run.

LOL u were just calling to make sure they received that cash you sent in the envelope !

bigredchev
07-02-2013, 09:29 AM
im going to call in an outrage and ask why there isnt any LEH openings for moose on the island. :mrgreen:

Stone Sheep Steve
07-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Don't forget to use the 1-800#. Don't pay attn to them when they try to give you the direct LEH #. Just don't call until tomorrow after they are online:-D.

SSS

Spy
07-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Just called Wow I got the Kamloops sheep draw & my Island moose draw.

Amphibious
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM

You too? Three buddies and I put in for Kamloops lake sheep as a group hunt! two tags, both Ewe. We'll see you there!

bridger
07-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Must be two kamloops sheep draws then. Lol

frenchbar
07-02-2013, 09:52 AM
ive got dibbs on the KS....i sent them a G note ..

Wade
07-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Just received my LEH in the mail ang got my island elk

abbyfireguy
07-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Whatever, come on ,we all know mail outs no longer happen! Try a little harder...

Moe.JKU
07-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Got word today from someone that called, late this week, early next week.

GreatWhitePopogeebo
07-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Phone bill is not going to be cool and for once I can't blame her, screw it a pay the bills I'll call as much as I want. They should be done looking at emails now.

abbyfireguy
07-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Go fishing...makes the wait easier...

Don_Abbate
07-02-2013, 10:35 AM
They just came out I swear I got nil ****kkkk

Don_Abbate
07-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Online and ready for your disappointment lol. Maybe next year

bcsteve
07-02-2013, 10:36 AM
"no successful hunt codes" for me:cry:

BiG Boar
07-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Got word today from someone that called, late this week, early next week.

looks like you got bad word

Moe.JKU
07-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah it was weird he called and they said this week or early next week. 30 mins later the draw comes out. Weird, but we both ended up with our shared moose so we aren't to dissapointed. Only downside is duck season opens in the middle of the trip.

BiG Boar
07-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Ducks can wait on moose steaks....

Moe.JKU
07-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Ducks can wait on moose steaks....
Yes they can thats forsure. Now to do countless more hours of research on moose, and the area i'm going.

BiG Boar
07-02-2013, 01:25 PM
ah, just post up a thread asking about the LEH area you won in and offer to trade for duck meat.