PDA

View Full Version : Got the DRAW FINALLY

blackbart
06-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Figured I would ask all of the experts here as to where to go since I FINALLY GOT THE DRAW. Yippeeeee.

What draw is it those that are still reading may ask.

It is the we live in the best place in the world for GOS and where should I go????

40incher
06-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Figured I would ask all of the experts here as to where to go since I FINALLY GOT THE DRAW. Yippeeeee.

What draw is it those that are still reading may ask.

It is the we live in the best place in the world for GOS and where should I go????

Yeah, we do live in the best place in the world! So why are we on LEH for so many species and hunts ??

GOS only exists because of people fighting to keep it ... it is not a given.

Certain commercial interests would have us on total LEH, for sheep, caribou, cougar, etc ...) in a heartbeat.

You should go and stand up ...

Brambles
06-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Clearwater mulies of course! There are 250" giants still living in C-water.... No bs

Darksith
06-28-2013, 09:49 AM
If I had the choice to go anywhere and hunt anything, right now anyway my choice would be somewhere remote with a high density of elk...

Caribou_lou
06-28-2013, 07:43 PM
40incher is right. In region 6 we have to fight to keep our open season every flippin year. Not because of declining numbers. Just some bureaucrats trying to make their jobs easier than they already are. We just lost or right to keep a trout/char in running water in region 6. And that decision wasn't based on scientific data!

dana
06-28-2013, 08:07 PM
It just isn't comercial interests that want us on LEH. Many wannabe trophy hunters that roam amongst us want that as well. They will sit and moan year after year about the LEH being late and how they never get drawn blah blah blah but still would rather have that than be hunting every year. You see, somehow LEH produces big bucks and bulls. It doesn't matter that they will sit on the sidelines year in and year out waiting for the LEH gods to give them that tag of a lifetime. When they do draw in 30 years at least then they will have a chance at a 200 inch buck or a 380 inch bull right? :)

.300WSMImpact!
06-28-2013, 11:11 PM
It just isn't comercial interests that want us on LEH. Many wannabe trophy hunters that roam amongst us want that as well. They will sit and moan year after year about the LEH being late and how they never get drawn blah blah blah but still would rather have that than be hunting every year. You see, somehow LEH produces big bucks and bulls. It doesn't matter that they will sit on the sidelines year in and year out waiting for the LEH gods to give them that tag of a lifetime. When they do draw in 30 years at least then they will have a chance at a 200 inch buck or a 380 inch bull right? :)

LEH would produce trophy animals but I like the hunting opportunity we have, if anything I would like to see guides on a draw system or limited to a specific amount of tags per year

Wullfen
06-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Trophy animals are fine, but 2 points taste better!! LOL

Sofa King
06-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Trophy animals are fine, but 2 points taste better!! LOL

hmmmm.
i've never ate the actual points before.

dana
06-29-2013, 07:37 AM
LEH would produce trophy animals but I like the hunting opportunity we have, if anything I would like to see guides on a draw system or limited to a specific amount of tags per year

Right now under GOS there are 200 inch bucks and 380 bulls to be had. The wannabes just are too damn lazy to find them is all. If the wannabes got their way and got muleys and elk on LEH, there still would be dink bucks and bulls being killed every year. The wannabes themselves can't seem to hold their trigger finger when a 160 buck or a 310 bull is in front of them.

000buck
06-29-2013, 08:12 AM
What road would i find sheep and goats on...not asking for your honey hole or anything i just don't want to hike a lot because of my irritable bowl. syndrome and i only have a two wheel drive shopriderand what is the best gun to use for shooting moles at 11kms?

300H&H
06-29-2013, 09:17 AM
What road would i find sheep and goats on...not asking for your honey hole or anything i just don't want to hike a lot because of my irritable bowl. syndrome and i only have a two wheel drive shopriderand what is the best gun to use for shooting moles at 11kms?

My neighbor has sheep & goats, but I don't thing he would appreciate you shooting them, but it is easily accessible.
Moles @ 11km ? Drive closer.