PDA

View Full Version : Called the CFO today

shuswapcanuck
06-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Thought I would pass on my experience with purchasing my first restricted gun. Paid for my Tokarev June 21. Store personal called in to transfer and for temporary ATT while I was thinking there. As this was a purchase from a out of town store, I stopped in June 24 to see if the paperwork was ready as I was heading back home. Store hadn't received any paperwork so I headed home. Called CFO today (June 27) to see what the status of my transfer and temp ATT was. Talked to one rep who said things were progressing and I needed talk to another rep. Talked to second person who took my info, said my transfer was approved and my temp ATT was also. Rep said I could complete my long term ATT over the phone which I did and approved. Emailed CFO copy of my PAL and range membership. Received paperwork by email within a few min of hanging up phone. Should receive long term ATT and permanent copy of registration next week. Is my experience typical?

Brambles
06-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Sounds pretty quick to me, my first restricted and ltatt took about a month. You should be a happy guy!

NaStY
06-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Ya mine took a while too. Funny though it only takes an hr to change it.

laredo318
06-28-2013, 06:32 AM
It took over a month for my last one.
Sounds like you had it done way quicker.

squamishhunter
06-28-2013, 08:38 AM
How does the long term ATT work? Or is that just for you to get it home

shuswapcanuck
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Long term ATT allows you to transport your restricted firearm from home to approved gun range and back home. Short term ATT is for bringing gun home from store or say back and forth from gunsmith, One time use only. Long term is good for 5 years or the remaining time left on your PAL. Received my long term ATT by email today, mine says expires 2015 same as my PAL. Hope that's clear as mud for you. Jon

Wagonmaster
06-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Does a long term ATT allow you to take it from home to hunting camp for a week and back home again?

fuzzy
06-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Does a long term ATT allow you to take it from home to hunting camp for a week and back home again?

If its a camp you return to every year I'm pretty sure you could just tuck a shoe box with your restricted firearm under a rock with a couple of desiccant packs and just leave it there. Heck some guys have lots of different camps and have pistols in shoe boxes all over the place.

fuzzy

NaStY
06-28-2013, 05:29 PM
My LTT says I can transport to my range and to any legal gunsmith.

kgs
06-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Yes it is typical

Iron Glove
06-28-2013, 07:09 PM
To the original poster, that's pretty good service based on the delays that many have been experiencing lately with the BC CFO.
On the other hand, it's a bit longer than it was even 5 years ago.
Regarding the "taking it to camp" post, let's not even go there.

Peter Pepper
06-28-2013, 09:32 PM
If its a camp you return to every year I'm pretty sure you could just tuck a shoe box with your restricted firearm under a rock with a couple of desiccant packs and just leave it there. Heck some guys have lots of different camps and have pistols in shoe boxes all over the place.

fuzzy

Nice idea. Just remember which rock it's under.

fuzzy
06-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Nice idea. Just remember which rock it's under.

Gotta be like a squirrel and have a bunch of caches all over the place. You know maybe bury one, put another in a tree.I'm sure if you painted the rock pink and left a note people could borrow it and return when there done with it. Its nice to be neighbourly and generous.

fuzzy

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

ROY-alty33
06-28-2013, 10:48 PM
My first LTATT was probably a month, so six days pretty good.
Haven't read mine in a while but it also includes border crossings, in addition to approved ranges and gunsmiths IIRC.

Farmer001
06-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Restricted firearm transfer from a gunstore was told 7 days. In the process of a private transfer of restricted firearm and was told the wait would be 4 - 6 weeks for BC residents. Private transfer of restricted firearm to Alberta resident 7 days with paperwork to the door.