PDA

View Full Version : Pink Mountain- Halfway River head tax?

Beaufortranger
06-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Read somethin on here about there being some kind of access head tax in the Halfway River Pink Mountain area. Is someone able to shine some light on this if it is true and where exactly the access is limited to? Thanks ahead of time for any info.

44inchStone
06-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Our hunting party was charged 250 dollars PER head for crossing through the property which took about oh, 15 minutes. Not too bad money for them since there was 6 of us that went through.
You can always beat your way around or stay outside the ranch then make your way around each day. It's alot longer but you save the coin when there's a few of ya.

Beaufortranger
06-27-2013, 02:41 PM
So if you head in on the main road behind Pink mountain store headi g for the The Halfway river to get to the airport at Cypress Creek there is a gate that you have to pay to pass now? Was this open before and now is a tollpay access? Sorry for the stupid questions bud a good bud was planning on hunting there in august and never heard of this before

Bear Chaser
06-27-2013, 05:06 PM
If you head into the Cypress area via the 143 road access should be the same as always.

If you wish to access the Halfway through the old Lynn Ross ranch on the Mile 147 road you can choose to travel around the ranch or you can pay the aforementioned trespass fee to co the Blueberry Indian Band which is the present owner.

06-27-2013, 05:23 PM
ya it's very PATHETIC of the Band really, depends on whos there or running the show at the time too. Some times they charge per Tag Holder for Bison, other times per every person in the party, any where from 100 to 300 each. Also , don't count on them being there at said meeting times to open the gate. Their like the Caribou and the Wind, any where any time.

Sick and tired of 2 different laws in this country. Tax free, free education etc etc it goes on and on . As stated . PATHETIC !

CT

robertmcallan
06-27-2013, 06:05 PM
hunted their last year and the Cypress roads bridge was washed out only way to get around was horse or argo don't know if it has been fixed

Beaufortranger
06-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Sure appreciate all the info guys thats what I love about this site! What I've figured so far is that the road where you have to pay is past the turn off at Pink Moutain store. The road to the cypress creek airport is still open but that there is a bridge over the Cypress which was washed out last year

Surrey Boy
06-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Show up in blue coveralls with a white hard hat. It gets me into everywhere and I've yet to be questioned.

Bear Chaser
06-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Show up in blue coveralls with a white hard hat. It gets me into everywhere and I've yet to be questioned.

Have you tried that at the Dill?:mrgreen:

Surrey Boy
06-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Have you tried that at the Dill?:mrgreen:

Believe it or not, I've never been to the Condill.

44inchStone
06-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Another thing to note is that WHEN you pay the crazy prices to just access the gate, they take your NAME and LICENCE number of your vehicle.
We have been in camp before where they have done spot checks. I wish you the best of luck if you try and sneak in. All I can say is trail cam. Our camp has had no problems because we've paid.
If you don't have the Buffalo draw good luck at seeing an abundant amount of animals. They are just NOT there anymore. They've truly been pounded and for most of the year.What a shame.

brutus
06-28-2013, 05:31 PM
lol get off the trail,there lots of animal out there.

Ry151
06-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Believe it or not, I've never been to the Condill.
Best stakes in town, no question

Singleshotneeded
06-29-2013, 01:58 AM
Stop sending those idiots any government money until they quit this toll BS...

browningboy
06-29-2013, 07:16 AM
What's the condill ? Is that the place off mile 117 that looks like a colony? What kind of colony?

ianwuzhere
06-29-2013, 07:29 AM
i heard gingers have to pay $500 each..

Bear Chaser
06-29-2013, 09:41 AM
What's the condill ? Is that the place off mile 117 that looks like a colony? What kind of colony?

The Condill is a hotel in Fort St. John that was constructed back in the 1940's on main street. It and many of its clientele would fit quite comfortably into Vancouver's downtown eastside.
It does have a stripper bar and did have good steaks; I haven't eaten there for quite a few years now.

A young man hasn't truely lived until he fearfully enters through the doors off the street, encounters a patron pissing on the floor of what passes for the lobby, mistakenly enters the Lounge which is frequented by the finest residents of the area, before beating a hasty retreat to the strip bar to take a seat on gyno row and order up a steak the size of an import cars front fender.

The good old days.

Glassman
06-30-2013, 08:32 AM
If indians charge White man to cross their land, can White man charge indians to cross their land?
Just wondering?
Whats fair for one race should be fair for all race's. Am I not right?

06-30-2013, 08:50 AM
If indians charge White man to cross their land, can White man charge indians to cross their land?
Just wondering?
Whats fair for one race should be fair for all race's. Am I not right?

You sure can charge what ever you want if folks want to cross your land........what's your point?

bridger
06-30-2013, 07:41 PM
The land in question is private land. Who owns it is immaterial. The present owners allow access for a fee. The previous owner was white and would not allow any access across these same lands. In fact if you parked your truck by his gate and went around the ranch odds were that when you got back you would find your vehichle vandalized.. You may not like the access fee but the situation is a whole lot better than it used to be.

daycort
06-30-2013, 08:42 PM
With the rains that we have had it may be worth it to just pay the fee. Instead of dealing with the sh!t show around the ranch.

ianwuzhere
06-30-2013, 09:40 PM
I heard with the HST its up to $500/ head now :-D

But i heard Superstore has a sale on Pork loins hehe

Surrey Boy
07-01-2013, 05:18 PM
With the rains that we have had it may be worth it to just pay the fee. Instead of dealing with the sh!t show around the ranch.

I just replaced a culvert on Robertson Road, off the 143 road 10km past the cemetary. Lots of washed out highgrade.

Glassman
07-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Sounds like a scum bag to me. No mater what the race.

skibum
07-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a scum bag to me. No mater what the race.

Price seems a little steep, but Jesus Christ it private property. Market rules

Left wing commies on this site?

If the owner was white and DID NOT ALLOW ACCESS would this thread exist at all?

bridger
07-02-2013, 01:32 PM

good point!

wsm
07-02-2013, 01:51 PM

if the white person in question was sticking it to another group due to their color . yes it would be here . so fast your head would spin

David
07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I just replaced a culvert on Robertson Road, off the 143 road 10km past the cemetary. Lots of washed out highgrade.

How high was the halfway?

I assume they replaced the Cypress Creek bridge - did you head that far in?

KodiakHntr
07-02-2013, 03:54 PM
if the white person in question was sticking it to another group due to their color . yes it would be here . so fast your head would spin

Pretty sure the fee applies to everyone who wants to cross the ranch, regardless of skin color, with the exception of the members who belong to the band which owns the property in question.

Pretty much the same as someone like me who allows family and friends to hunt my land, but everyone else can GFT.

skibum
07-02-2013, 04:01 PM

Agreed - rules should be the same across the board. i.e. charging all non-members to cross the property to hunt.

Probably just give token membership to friends to hunt, but it is still private land.

Surrey Boy
07-02-2013, 06:01 PM
How high was the halfway?

I assume they replaced the Cypress Creek bridge - did you head that far in?

Halfway was high, but not flooding. Cypress Creek had just gotten lower than the road. The approach to the bridge needs work, but we crossed it with all seven axles. Painted Pony will be doing a few plant turnarounds soon and has a decently sized crew working on the road.

David
07-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Halfway was high, but not flooding. Cypress Creek had just gotten lower than the road. The approach to the bridge needs work, but we crossed it with all seven axles. Painted Pony will be doing a few plant turnarounds soon and has a decently sized crew working on the road.

Is it PP that has the compressor station on top of the hill??? Good cell reception there :D

For some reason I thought all their stuff was in the other direction on the fork of the road going out past the airport. Or do they have that 1-2 yr old well down just before the temp bridge over that other creek (Stoney???) on the way to the Chowade.

If you could let me know when they are planning to be finished (if you know) that would be great - likely heading that way for early moose in a few months.

wccougar
07-03-2013, 12:55 AM
We hunted halfway river/pink mt. area about 3 years ago. I called the pink mountain store and they new the native fellow that was running the ranch at the time his name was vern. I call him and arranged to stay at the ranch in a cabin, he charged us 75 a night supplied fire wood and propane for lights and cooking. It had 2 single beds with mattresses, wood stove, cook stove. We payed 175.00 for me to cross, I had the tag and 75 for my husband my son had a tag as well so he payed 175.00. It was worth very penny when we came home at night and had a woodstove and a bed who cared about the money. I met people camped outside the gate going around the ranch and it took almost a hour extra. Needless to say they talked to vern and rented a cabin too, they had had enough of sledding around. All 3 of us got are buffalo, mine was way out 30 km or more over 3 rivers that were frozen. But my sons and the other hunter got their buffalo just out the back of the ranch off to the left we cross the halfway river and then sled along the edges of it and went off on trails and tracks we found and there was a big herd in there. anyway it was a trip of a life time and I would pay then money again in a heart beat if anyone was late at night getting back to the ranch, vern would go looking for them. I am not sure about things now call pink mt store. Good luck

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Vern is no longer there......there have been a lot of people that have booked cabins and arranged meeting times that have been left outside the gate for a day or two ..... Cuz the care takers were MIA

2tins
07-03-2013, 10:21 AM
If you head into the Cypress area via the 143 road access should be the same as always.

If you wish to access the Halfway through the old Lynn Ross ranch on the Mile 147 road you can choose to travel around the ranch or you can pay the aforementioned trespass fee to co the Blueberry Indian Band which is the present owner.
It will be a cold f--k'n day in hell before I pay them any more money.