PDA

View Full Version : Region 6 Deer.

Gumsehwah
06-27-2013, 12:12 PM
I've just got my FAC and want to try a little deer honting in my area (Terrace). I See that there is a deer season in the area, but I don't generally see any deer in the area. Any I deas where I could start my scouting trips? I don't want to snatch anyone's hidden honeyholes, but I would LOVE to have a fighting chance at some deer in my first hunting year. Some good experiences to start off with. . .

:mrgreen:

kilometers
06-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Deer is a hard hunt in terrace. I spent many days last season with my bro and only spooked a couple found some nice tracks though. I suggest the islands closer to Rupert or head Smithers way. Do some walking down whitebottom way and you might get lucky. Seen a nice Muley come outta their last year
At least the seasons long. Gets you out their lots

Rhyno
06-27-2013, 03:28 PM
As mentioned deer hunting is a really tough go around Terrace. Whitebottom or Kitselas would probably be your best bets. If I really wanted a deer I would head east, at least Smithers or Houston.

Good luck

hawkdog
09-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Whitetail is your best bet, there are lots around Kitwanga (flats along the river) or try up the Kispiox Valley.

monasheemountainman
09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
did you get your hunting license along with your PAL? if so Id head a little further east.

hawkdog
09-19-2013, 02:25 PM
If you are looking for some good beginner deer hunting, go west - go to the charlottes. You can get 5 years experience in a weekend!