PDA

View Full Version : What about a new crossbow... ever heard of the Tac15

Kudu
06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
This might just be my new gadget......

http://youtu.be/b5nVSfv0Rlg

Drillbit
06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
AR lower.......I'm guessing it'll be restricted in BANada.

warnniklz
06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
There's a TAC 10 that's identical, however it's 1 piece, therefore legal in Canada. Handled one before, never got to pull the trigger on it. I think there's a member or two on here that own them.

Last I heard PSE aren't making them anymore. I could be mistaken on that bit... I don't follow the archery game enough.

Sofa King
06-26-2013, 11:59 PM
i hate when they show a bunch of clips of "killing" glasses of wine and cans of barbasol.
do a real video and show us how well it is out in the field, taking an actual deer.
i don't want mood lighting in a warehouse, gimmee dawn above a gametrail.

Singleshotneeded
06-27-2013, 12:22 AM
They're shooting at just over 400 fps, about the same as Barnett's top model, I think it's the Ghost 400?
Barnett's is lighter and a fair bit less money...the video I saw on Youtube made it look like the TAC 10/15
were shooting almost as fast and hard as magnum rifles...nailing that target hard at 100 yards.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-27-2013, 08:39 AM
http://tac15.com/

In Canada you need the TAC10i (intregrated)

Sofa King
06-27-2013, 08:46 AM
noticed that site was last updated in march of 2010.
are these still made?
these are using the ArcheryResearch cut-out design, and they dropped those bows.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-27-2013, 09:19 AM
noticed that site was last updated in march of 2010.
are these still made?
these are using the ArcheryResearch cut-out design, and they dropped those bows.

the current PSE website still has Tac series crossbows

but in Canada you must order the TAC elite intergrated model as opposed to the TAC Ordenance ... exactly the same as the TAC 15/10 ... just more politically correct as it doesnt refer to the evil Assult Rifle ;)

know AR does not stand for Assult Rifle..... many bedwetters do not however

http://pse-archery.com/c/crossbow

IronNoggin
06-27-2013, 11:23 AM
the current PSE website still has Tac series crossbows

but in Canada you must order the TAC elite intergrated model as opposed to the TAC Ordenance ...

And a suggested retail price of $ 1,500.00 :shock:

Looking Good as advertised - a "Tactical Assault" Crossbow... LOL!
Certainly does incorporate a few of the "looks" and "features" related to that particular phrase. Might be just the thing for Zombie Warfare! :-D

They are quite narrow, but a tad lengthy for my liking. And just a tad too "technical" for what I seek in a Hunting Crossbow.
Personally, I adhere to the KISS rule, and therefore quite prefer the simpleness (read WAY Easier to work on yourself and Less to go Wrong) and overall look of the high end recurves...

But each to their own as always! If this one makes you Happy, Go For It! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog - Loving the Matrix 380 XTRA :twisted:

Kudu
06-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Personally, I adhere to the KISS rule,

When it comes to this beast I adhere to " keep it on our farm in Africa" rule - same goes for AK 47's and any other fully auto weapons - non of this red tape out there!