PDA

View Full Version : Need some early season advice...

Westcoastgunner
06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Long story short, the girlfriend and I are looking to get out on our first hunting trip... together. Should be an experience to say the least. I don't have a ton of experience hunting, but I definitely don't want to disappoint her. Due to my job I have limited time off so as it looks right now I can only get into the woods sept 9 -14. I know it's still hot that time a year and chances are I'm heading for higher elevations but my question is which regions/areas are producing that time of year? I'd like to see her get her first deer, so any input would be greatly appreciated. We live in chilliwack and are willing to go as far as 100 mile if that be the case or further if needed. Have a 4x4 truck and will do the rest on foot.

cheers,
WCG

.300WSMImpact!
06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
take some summer trips do some scouting, you can find deer basically any elevation you just need south facing slopes and water not too far off, I know that is vague but go on google earth look around, and go camping this summer you will find some deer

The Dawg
06-26-2013, 07:21 PM
If its deer you're after on that time constraint, Id be looking towards the kamloops area.

You wouldn't waste a lot of time driving, and there's a lot of deer there.

warnniklz
06-26-2013, 07:30 PM
^--- times deuce

Wackman
06-26-2013, 08:55 PM
If its deer you're after on that time constraint, Id be looking towards the kamloops area.

You wouldn't waste a lot of time driving, and there's a lot of deer there.
Nothin' up here, they all got mange and died last winter. Lol :-)

604redneck
06-27-2013, 12:08 AM
100 mile is good merrit kamloops cache creek princeton most of the okanagan.......big problem with this is there will be lots of pressure anywhere you go unless ur out of ur truck and walking out of sight of the road. u can get deer almost anywhere....

hunter1947
06-27-2013, 03:51 AM
There are so many places to go what I am saying is most regions are productive for game animals.

If you got limited time pick a region near you and get a back roads map book with this region as for others in this book.
A few places close to you for good hunting Boston Bar area mule deer WT deer as for bear 3-14,,3-15..

Princeton area for elk compulsory inspected ,, mule deer and there are a few WT deer in this area as for black and color bear 8-5,,8-4.

If you get out and put a few miles on walking your chances will be much better for getting your animal..

Mr. Dean
06-27-2013, 01:30 PM
take some summer trips do some scouting, you can find deer basically any elevation you just need south facing slopes and water not too far off, I know that is vague but go on google earth look around, and go camping this summer you will find some deer Sound advice.... Then be there opening day and be stealthy. :wink: