PDA

View Full Version : What does your menu look like?

kako99
06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Just wondering what your menu looks like for a multi day trip on the mountain.

Fella
06-26-2013, 10:25 AM
As in hiking in or driving in and setting up a base camp?

kako99
06-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Sorry as in hiking with a spike camp.

hunter1947
06-26-2013, 12:31 PM
My 4x4 truck..

decker9
06-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Tea and a cigar for breaky, beef jerky and choc/power bar for lunch, mountain house for dinner, 151 and orange tea for a night pill.

BiG Boar
06-26-2013, 01:35 PM
1 packet of oat meal, eaten dry for breakfast

peperoni stick or jerky, cliff bar, oysters or something similar for lunch

Mountain house for dinner maybe a tea to drink

Drink gatorade through the day

This is sort of a typical day.

Rob
06-26-2013, 01:37 PM
breaky; granola/berries/bran w powdered milk lunch; trail mix/pro bar/dried fruit dinner: dehydrated pad thai dish (8 oz and over 1000 cal, found on line)

kako99
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys! Do you ever eat a mtn house for breaky? Or just to much weight?

decker9
06-26-2013, 04:24 PM
The only MH breakfast's iv tried are the egg bacon mixtures they have, I didn't care for them personaly. Weight wise they'r hardly noticeable. When I'm packin I always keep one meal in the original pouch and the rest in ziplocks, ( just wash the pouch and re use) for each different kind I take. Saves a bit of space, and less garbage if you don't have a fire to burn it.

boxhitch
06-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Bagels w/single serving condiments from restaurant tables , dried sausage of some sort that can be rehydrated for variety , couple cans of salmon , protein bars (add hot/cold water for breaky) , Snickers , Sidekicks , Kirkland deluxe mixed nuts , Kirkland trail mix , Kirkland dried fruit and nut mix , Starbucks single coffees , International French vanilla (good with rum or whatever) , rum or whatever . Mio sport water flavour. A good multi vitamin takes care of all the minerals.
No stove or fuel needed , light a fire if/when available.

Gun Dog
06-26-2013, 04:57 PM
We do a turkey on the Weber one night. These days, one friend's wife does up the meals (casseroles, lasagna, spaghetti sauce, stew, etc) beforehand and freezes the whole thing. We thaw and follow the directions. In the past each person was responsible for one dinner which turned out the same -- lasagna, bbq chickens, steaks... We used to deep fry the turkey but one guy insists on bringing his Weber and doing it the old fashioned way. I think he just wants to hang around the camp drinking rye instead of freezing his butt off in a blind.

Hunt-4-Life
06-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Oatmeal packs x2 with some dried goji berries and a Starbucks Via for breaky, trail mix and dried fruit for lunch, MH for supper with some tea. Also, I always have a small "go bag" on my empty pack frame when I'm hunting away from camp with a couple extra energy bars, water purifying pills, first aid kit, map, DRY KINDLING, and spare ammo etc., in case you need to spend the night away from your tent.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Protein bar for breaky(with the occasional Mtn House Blueberries and Granola)
Protein bar and some jerky for lunch
Mtn House Propak for supper
...and a few peanut M&M's for desert.
Throw in a couple of hard candies throughout the day while glassing.
If you're still hungry, swallow your toothpaste. Don't spit.

SSS

Hunt-4-Life
06-26-2013, 09:31 PM
When I'm packin I always keep one meal in the original pouch and the rest in ziplocks, ( just wash the pouch and re use) for each different kind I take. Saves a bit of space, and less garbage if you don't have a fire to burn it.

That's a really good idea, but just make sure to wash the bag, or that sounds like a good way to chat your guys out ;)

kako99
06-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys, that helps me out a lot for planning my meals out.