PDA

View Full Version : Loon lake fishing

russm
06-25-2013, 08:16 PM
I was at loon lake in the fall to do done hunting and there was a lot if fish jumping in the lake but I didn't bother trying my luck, just wondering when fishing there picks up and what's the best way to fish that lake? I'd assume just typical trolling gear would be sufficient. Thanks to anyone that's got any tips.

LoonLake96
06-25-2013, 08:25 PM
flat fish size f5 and willow leaf flasher.... trolling around 30 to 40 ft from shore.

russm
06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Is this time of year good to be fishing that lake? I don't have much experience up that way.

LoonLake96
06-25-2013, 08:32 PM
its not that bad i find the spring is worse and picks up in the summer. fall is usually good for me too

BCKID
06-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Do yourself a favor and drive another 30-40 min and fish Hihuim. Awesome fly-fishing lake but also good gear fishing. Beware of the shoals if you are trolling. Spring and late summer/fall is the best. Loon Lake is mostly gear fishing. Small fish and taste muddy most of the time. (And as LoonLake96 has to say!) I have caught very few fish when they are jumping all over. I do go there but only to do some front porch sittin and sippin. Wife likes it! Good fishing!!

LoonLake96
06-25-2013, 08:42 PM
hihium is great too. Have Cabin on loon and like fishing the mountain lakes around it much more.

BigfishCanada
06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Loon lake is a great summer fishing lake, well it was at least, if things haven't changed, get leaded line, go down 4 colors and use a black doc sprat.....pm me and I can tell you a few good spots to try. Marigold resort got bought by an old coworker city guy named Kevin, good guy and im sure he would point you into some fish also. I grew up spending summers at evergreen and LOVED it.

whiteraven
06-29-2013, 07:26 PM
loon lake fishing is not fishing its minnow killing . people from coast kill every little fish they can get . largest fish i have personaly seen maybe 11 inches smallest around 4 inches and the lady killed it . i asked why they said its her first today and she wanted it. 48 doz pontoonboats all over the place flipped over boats with drunks . any resort is packed with drunks sardined a ft apart. yes you can catch a 14 inch fish you could become famous . yes my wife has a place there . DO YOUR SELF A LARGE FAVOUR DONT THINK ABOUT IT . OK YOU CAN STILL GO AFTER THE BIG 4 INCHER IF NEED BE. ONLY THE RESORTS SAY ITS GREAT . VESTED INTEREST ALL OR MOST RESORTS ARE FOR SALE . LOOOOOK ON U TUBE FOR VIDES LARGE MAN EATERS ROAM FREE