PDA

View Full Version : Black Bears in Zone 4-32 or 4-14?

s0ylentgreen
06-25-2013, 07:27 PM
hi all
im still after my first black bear -i've been out as much as my young family allows.

i can go out one more day/evening before the kootenay zone closes at the end of the month....

any suggestions to help a guy out?

im coming from the west (cherryville) towards 4-32 and 4-14

many thanks

GoatGuy
06-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Take the ferry across the lake, go up the halfway river - black bears out the waaaaaazooooooooooo

coach
06-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Reminds me of a thread you started last year. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?88160-3-days-and-nights-left-for-me&p=1230559#post1230559. Maybe if you gave us a report of how you did with our free info, there'd be more intel heading your way..

s0ylentgreen
06-25-2013, 09:04 PM
ya, sorry about that- you make a good point - i should check my old posts
as i just said in that last post (just updated)
i find this hunting thing is very challenging for me and also very fun - and i am genuinely searching and trying the advice given
and i am really thankful for that.
peace

s0ylentgreen
06-25-2013, 09:07 PM
also i should add - since May i have been actively hitting the same general spots north of lumby and cherryville, powerlines, looking for scat, dandelions, etc

i have seen about 4 sows with cubs and had my sights on one golden young bear - but let him walk because i wasnt sure about his age (maybe not 2 years)
but havent found a shooter yet

ive tried barnes lake area a couple days ago (just in 4-32) and only saw whities...

s0ylentgreen
06-26-2013, 08:56 AM
i did! a small doe near the end of the season

i ended up focusing on a lower valley FSR spot
i managed to get a smaller whitie doe at about 30 yards - i spotted it while driving and snuck out of my jeep slowly, loaded and finally some success!

this year im doing a salt lick, trailcams and planning some blind setups - getting serious!

this hunting thing sure is addicting, challenging and fullfilling when finally it works!

but advice that im given for bears is to cover ground - im trying!