PDA

View Full Version : salmon confidential .. watch it

xcaribooer
06-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Not sure if this has been posted on here yet but if not its well worth watching. its about the dfo's coverup of the damage the fish farms are doing to the wild salmon runs. They are completely ignoring the science and telling everyone is ok all because of the $ involved. its about an hour long so get comfortable http://salmonconfidential.ca/

Salty
06-23-2013, 08:43 PM
posted many, many times and discussed to death do a search. That vid is one wack job's view who is living off of donations to spout her fantasies and keep "working".

adriaticum
06-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Salty eats too much of that GMO farmed salmon

winchester284
06-23-2013, 09:10 PM
posted many, many times and discussed to death do a search. That vid is one wack job's view who is living off of donations to spout her fantasies and keep "working".

Rather judgmental (and misinformed) comment that's been repeated by yourself many times..... maybe just ask people to do a search next time.. :confused: :mrgreen:

If anyone hasn't seen the video, please take the time to view it, worthwhile and very educational.

adriaticum
06-23-2013, 09:17 PM
a kitty that loves farmed salmon

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1009753_616825771671771_554468107_n.jpg

Ozone
06-23-2013, 09:24 PM
I have also heard from the same people that the grizzlies are almost extinct.

winchester284
06-23-2013, 09:28 PM

I believe Ozone is the guy that catches it for him....

Ozone
06-23-2013, 09:30 PM
adriaticum, is that your old ladies pussy?

adriaticum
06-23-2013, 10:02 PM
adriaticum, is that your old ladies pussy?

Lol,
No, we don't go for GMO.
I think there is a hole in the ozone.

Ozone
06-23-2013, 10:08 PM
I don't do GMOs either
Yes, there is a hole above Australia if I remember correctly.

solo
06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
With the exception perhaps of wild fish, I can't think of anything else at the grocery store that isn't genetically modified.

adriaticum
06-24-2013, 10:49 AM
With the exception perhaps of wild fish, I can't think of anything else at the grocery store that isn't genetically modified.

Like for example what?
(Most things are still not GMO foods)

xcaribooer
06-24-2013, 12:09 PM
I have also heard from the same people that the grizzlies are almost extinct.

There is no video that could convince us that grizz are on the decline. we know this because we are out there , we talk to other hunters and we see them. We see them in areas where they have not been for many years.. Salmon #'s on the other hand are dwindling ,we know this because we are out there fishing , we talk to other fishermen and we see the declining runs first hand. Its happening and DFO is trying to cover up one of the main reasons for it. Other countries around the world recognize what is happening and admit that having fish farms in a main salmon migration corridor is bad bad news. The scientists involved may very well have anti hunting opinions but this is a separate matter. They are on the side of the wild fish. watch the video with an open mind.

adriaticum
06-24-2013, 12:33 PM
There is no video that could convince us that grizz are on the decline. we know this because we are out there , we talk to other hunters and we see them. We see them in areas where they have not been for many years.. Salmon #'s on the other hand are dwindling ,we know this because we are out there fishing , we talk to other fishermen and we see the declining runs first hand. Its happening and DFO is trying to cover up one of the main reasons for it. Other countries around the world recognize what is happening and admit that having fish farms in a main salmon migration corridor is bad bad news. The scientists involved may very well have anti hunting opinions but this is a separate matter. They are on the side of the wild fish. watch the video with an open mind.

That's right. You don't need a news article to tell you that wild fish are on the decline.
You just have to be out there and talk to the old guys who have been around for a while.

Ozone
06-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Weird, the pinks that alex said would be extinct by now have actually be increasing in numbers. What about the biggest sockeye return ever a few years ago?

Its funny that you say there is no film that will make you believe the grizzly are on the decline, I don't believe it either. I was just pointing out that its the same people making these both these claims and find it funny that you agree so whole heartedly on one issue but naysay the other.

Salty
06-24-2013, 04:40 PM

I don't eat farmed salmon. I just lived in the area for a time and know the players including actual biologists in the field who aren't big on farmed salmon either, but distance themselves from Alex' "work" big time.

But hey its a free world if you guys from the cities want to fund and support this that's your choice. Done on this thread.

ruger#1
06-24-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't eat farmed salmon. I just lived in the area for a time and know the players including actual biologists in the field who aren't big on farmed salmon either, but distance themselves from Alex' "work" big time.
Salty works at McDonald's. Want to guess what he does in the pickle jar?

tubby
06-24-2013, 05:33 PM
ozone.....u have no idea what your talking about at all....one good sockeye year and u think all is good?
only two stocks of sox are supposed to be good this year. with the fish farms and rampant and unchecked native netting the future does not look good for fraser stocks.

sako_300
06-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Like for example what?
(Most things are still not GMO foods)
e.g. Bananas

adriaticum
06-25-2013, 08:27 AM
e.g. Bananas

Keep in mind that hybridization is a different process from genetic engineering. It's not the same thing.
For example grafting an apple tree.
We have many hybrids today.

Ozone
06-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Keep in mind that hybridization is a different process from genetic engineering. It's not the same thing.
Not if you use alex morton type "science"

adriaticum
06-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Not if you use alex morton type "science"

Show me the money Ozone!