PDA

View Full Version : fishin reel pricing question

G.A.
06-21-2013, 04:18 PM
ok as the title says, im curious how reels hold value. basicly i have a rod/reel and im thinking of selling it, its nothing high end fancy, im just lost what to list it for, if i do. i dont see any other used to compare to, just new stuff.
the reel is an abu garcia 6500c3 (swedish). i see new listed from $90 to $150.00, some cdn and some american so reflects a bit of price diff. the rod is an okuma celio 10'6 stealhead/river rod. think i paid about 2 bills for the combo.
bought this last season and used a few times and broke the rod some how, took it back and had it replaced. so the rod has been used 2x since that and maybe 4 times on reel since a cleaning and service i had done on it...so curious if id take a bath on this or i could still get a decent buck for it compared to what i paid. im torn to sell it or not.

Moe.JKU
06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Did you buy a new one, or you don't like it, or do you just not use it enough. Whats the reason you would want to sell. I would say keep it if it doesn't the trick both decent setups for the average fisherman. I still sometimes go back to my old rod when i don't catch fish in 2 or 3 outings. Which doesn't make sense to go from a $700 setup to a canadian tire rod. But i caught a lot of fish on it, and trust it. Also if your wanting to buy a new one, what it that breaks, back ups are nice.

winchester284
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
If it's in good shape you should be able to ask $150 for the combo.

adriaticum
06-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Throw a dart at a number.
If it doesn't work, lower the number.

G.A.
06-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Did you buy a new one, or you don't like it, or do you just not use it enough. Whats the reason you would want to sell. I would say keep it if it doesn't the trick both decent setups for the average fisherman. I still sometimes go back to my old rod when i don't catch fish in 2 or 3 outings. Which doesn't make sense to go from a $700 setup to a canadian tire rod. But i caught a lot of fish on it, and trust it. Also if your wanting to buy a new one, what it that breaks, back ups are nice.

no didnt buy a new one. and i do like it, thats why im torn to sell or not. just going through some things for a possible move and dont use it enough vs being able to use a few extra bucks.
if id take a kick to the berries then i would keep it..lol

G.A.
06-21-2013, 06:16 PM
If it's in good shape you should be able to ask $150 for the combo.

its in new cond..didnt think it would still be worth that, good thing i asked. thx