PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Surrey.

BC Quiver
06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Hi to all, my name is Neil and my son is named Nathan. We have been into archery for just over a year now and thoroughly enjoying it. Some of you have met us at 3D events, we don’t hunt as such but have no problem with it. We live in Surrey and I have lived here for 55 yrs so far. I was raised on a small farm and learned how to slaughter various animals, dad taught us how to kill it, skin it, and cut and rap it. Dad used to hunt pheasant in the back yard, and my mother used to hunt grouse with a little 22 Cooey. So I’m not a stranger to hunting, just haven’t needed too. Nathan and I really enjoy the 3D archery events and recently took in the TBBC event at Rock Creek and had a blast. Hope to keep in touch with other archer’s here. Anybody here going to the North American Longbow Safari? Nathan and I are getting ready for this one.

adriaticum
06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Welcome to HBC!

Stealth
06-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Neil
We met at Rock Creek and were camped next to you in the big foot truck camper. My wife and I will be going to NALS so we will see you there.
Pat

BC Quiver
06-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Hi Pat, we look forward to seeing you and your wife at NALS.

BC Quiver
06-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks, glad to be a part of this forum.

Sofa King
06-22-2013, 12:09 AM
hi back.

what bow set-up do you use?

BC Quiver
06-22-2013, 12:12 AM
hi back.

what bow set-up do you use?
I'm shoot with a 66" longbow 42# Juniper and just ordered some wood arrows.

Sofa King
06-22-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm shoot with a 66" longbow 42# Juniper and just ordered some wood arrows.

sweet.
it's cool seeing guys keeping the traditionals alive and strong.
have you shot compounds?
i'm just wondering if it's tough shooting both, adjusting from one back to the other.

BC Quiver
06-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Hope never shot compound, learned on a recurve. Nathan use to shoot a recurve but switched to a longbow too.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-24-2013, 12:07 PM
sweet.
it's cool seeing guys keeping the traditionals alive and strong.
have you shot compounds?
i'm just wondering if it's tough shooting both, adjusting from one back to the other.

they are 2 differant disiplines .... I dont seem to have a problem switching back and forth ... But I also dont shoot my longbow nearly as much as I should to be profeciant with it. I shoot it for the fun stuff once in a while ... I should shoot it more however