PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody get a grizz near Prince George?

Schmaus
06-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Just wondering how many people got out grizzly hunting near Prince George and were successful

Rackmastr
06-19-2013, 03:30 PM
I went through Prince George on the way home from a grizz hunt if that counts! Haha. But killed the bear about 5-6 hours north of town!

The Dawg
06-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Didn't get one...but saw a few out of my area!

Boner
06-19-2013, 09:33 PM
I didn't even get a chance to go out, i've never had such a busy spring for work before. I'll start putting in for the fall hunts from now on.

warnniklz
06-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Oooh I got a good story about one around there. At least I heard it when I was in PG.

So this starts with a friend of a friend of a friend.

Anyways, buddy gets his spring grizz LEH this year. He's spent a few hard weeks hunting g-bears and passed on a few, all while holding out for that special bear. Buddy finally spots the bear he wants. He slowly made his way within shooting range. He lined up on the bear and realized he potentially has a B&C grizz in his sights. He lets a round fly and hits the bear. The bear spun and took off into some alders that were near by. Buddy gives the bear a half hour or so and decides to go in after it.

As the guy comes up on the bear, the bear turns on the guy. The bear runs the guy over and starts to maul him. The guy was able to get a hold of his rifle and shoot the bear again. The bear ended up dying on top of the guy. Shooken up and a little worse for wear, buddy makes his way back to the road. A couple other hunters come along and see he's not doing so well. So buddy climbs into the pickup with the two guys. He told them what happened as they drove him to the hospital.

Buddy spent the night in the hospital. When he got out the next day, he still had a potential record book bear down and his gear in the bush. So he called up a friend to help him go get everything. When he got back to where he had shot his g-bear, the hide and head was gone and the rest of the carcass remained.

The Dawg
06-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Oooh I got a good story about one around there. At least I heard it when I was in PG. So this starts with a friend of a friend of a friend. Anyways, buddy gets his spring grizz LEH this year. He's spent a few hard weeks hunting g-bears and passed on a few, all while holding out for that special bear. Buddy finally spots the bear he wants. He slowly made his way within shooting range. He lined up on the bear and realized he potentially has a B&C grizz in his sights. He lets a round fly and hits the bear. The bear spun and took off into some alders that were near by. Buddy gives the bear a half hour or so and decides to go in after it. As the guy comes up on the bear, the bear turns on the guy. The bear runs the guy over and starts to maul him. The guy was able to get a hold of his rifle and shoot the bear again. The bear ended up dying on top of the guy. Shooken up and a little worse for wear, buddy makes his way back to the road. A couple other hunters come along and see he's not doing so well. So buddy climbs into the pickup with the two guys. He told them what happened as they drove him to the hospital. Buddy spent the night in the hospital. When he got out the next day, he still had a potential record book bear down and his gear in the bush. So he called up a friend to help him go get everything. When he got back to where he had shot his g-bear, the hide and head was gone and the rest of the carcass remained.You heard that too? 7-18 IIRCAlso heard the "saviours " are on here too.

warnniklz
06-19-2013, 11:34 PM
You heard that too? 7-18 IIRCAlso heard the "saviours " are on here too.

Well it's gotta be true, now that it's on the interwebs

Weatherby Fan
06-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Either way that's a crazy story and glad to hear the fellows ok......shame about his bear.

300rum700
06-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Oooh I got a good story about one around there. At least I heard it when I was in PG.

So this starts with a friend of a friend of a friend.

Anyways, buddy gets his spring grizz LEH this year. He's spent a few hard weeks hunting g-bears and passed on a few, all while holding out for that special bear. Buddy finally spots the bear he wants. He slowly made his way within shooting range. He lined up on the bear and realized he potentially has a B&C grizz in his sights. He lets a round fly and hits the bear. The bear spun and took off into some alders that were near by. Buddy gives the bear a half hour or so and decides to go in after it.

As the guy comes up on the bear, the bear turns on the guy. The bear runs the guy over and starts to maul him. The guy was able to get a hold of his rifle and shoot the bear again. The bear ended up dying on top of the guy. Shooken up and a little worse for wear, buddy makes his way back to the road. A couple other hunters come along and see he's not doing so well. So buddy climbs into the pickup with the two guys. He told them what happened as they drove him to the hospital.

Buddy spent the night in the hospital. When he got out the next day, he still had a potential record book bear down and his gear in the bush. So he called up a friend to help him go get everything. When he got back to where he had shot his g-bear, the hide and head was gone and the rest of the carcass remained.

Man I want to hear that story right for the horses mouth, that thread got quashed pretty quickly! There's got to be a little more to it than what was posted on here earlier and reading this really gets me wondering what happened out there!!

warnniklz
06-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Man I want to hear that story right for the horses mouth, that thread got quashed pretty quickly! There's got to be a little more to it than what was posted on here earlier and reading this really gets me wondering what happened out there!!

I must have missed that thread. I didn't see it. Heard it from a friend and called bull on him as I figured I'd have seen it on here if there was a chance at any merit to the story.

But like I said, friend of a friend of a friend... next time I'll start with once upon a time

Bear Chaser
06-20-2013, 12:50 AM
I must have missed that thread. I didn't see it. Heard it from a friend and called bull on him as I figured I'd have seen it on here if there was a chance at any merit to the story.

But like I said, friend of a friend of a friend... next time I'll start with once upon a time

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?95409-Grizzly-bear-attack-in-7-18

Sound familiar?

Schmaus
06-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Nobody else got a bear?

scottwh
06-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Passed a small one (5.5-6 footer) up the first 20 min into the hunt. Never did catch up to another one. That was the top end of 7-23. Tracked one that came close to our camp on the last day, but we got winded. He went into the thick stuff close to dark. He was so close we could smell him.

The Dawg
06-20-2013, 09:48 PM
What region of 23?

scottwh
06-20-2013, 10:01 PM
That was in 7-23 zone A. There were ALOT of road and bridge washouts. Found some good areas, some good sign but just couldnt make a connection with a good bear. I didnt even put in for this draw, but I couldnt not go! Was a great trip though, as always :)

The Dawg
06-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Glad you were at least able to get out. I had a draw in D. Only a couple hours from me so I was able to go a lot. Was pretty slow for bears there this year with the late snow

moosinaround
06-20-2013, 10:32 PM
I was out 3 times in the 7-23 area and only seen some tracks. Guys in the area working and hunting seen actual live grizz. I'll get a 7b grizz this fall!!;). Moosin

pnbrock
06-21-2013, 07:00 AM
sure hope buddy gets his hide and skull back,would be the right thing to do!!