PDA

View Full Version : prince rupert fishing

monasheemountainman
06-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Heading up to Rupert on Friday for 5 days salmon/hali fishing. never been up that way, so we are super stoked! anybody have any tips on where to try, and feel like sharing? FIL lived up there so he thinks he knows some spots but he hasn't lived there for 30 years. If not that's cool Im sure we'll figure it out! will post pics when I get back next week! CANNOT WAIT!

dakoda62
06-17-2013, 02:28 PM
We used to fish Lucy Island years ago, always had fish on.

just hunt
06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
I would head to the balls or the brains if your after springs

kilometers
06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Im not goingto give all my secrets but
Lucy island has some good halibut fishing south side and so so salmon on the north side of it. Lots of locals hang out jigging the drop offs near the fig light bell I believe it's called. Straight out towards the qci is tree knob group. Which has good salmon fishing on the coner of Stephens island on the Rupert side. You can hide from the weather usin Stephens island as a shield. Also some nice humps to jig.
Eddy pass is the local favourite.( it will be the spot with at least 10 boats hanging around) trolling.
Theirs another spot by the skeena that is good as long as the water isn't dirty from the skeena. Fish trap bay I think. Their an old cannery in the inlet.
Dundas island towards the states is really popular but isn't very protected and not much for anchorage

spending the night on the boat. Try welcome harbour( just passed eddy pass). You can walk the beaches their and very protected. Or hunts inlet has a government dock and has good anchorage. The locals don't like when you shit in their yard.

Were heading out on the long weekend. The coho and a chinook are coming threw terrace now so fishing should be unbelievable on the water.

monasheemountainman
06-17-2013, 03:31 PM
thank you guys very much! Kilometers, thanks for that info, I really appreciate it. My FIL did mention a few of the places you referenced. Thanks again.

mooze
06-17-2013, 11:28 PM
we used PR Meat for fileting and vaccuuming the catch, excellent service, overnight , good price. On 3rd Street. Or you can use Dolly's.