PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the Tuchodi

mikek
06-14-2013, 03:37 PM
A group of us are headed up to the tuchodi Lakes this coming dat\ys off and are going try fishing the lakes and river, wondering what kind of tackle to try all have caught doollys before but not much lake trout experience, and if any one knows of a few good camping spots that might be up there any tips greatly appreciated thanks. Mike

06-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I tried every fancy hook I brought up there and only got a few graylings in the river. I was reeling one in and a bull trout grabbed it so I switched to a big ugly spoon maybe 6" long and started nailing big bull trout.

decker9
06-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Never fished tuchodi before, but I have used coho spoons for Dolly's before, not sure the laws up there for bait, but row or even a piece of bloody stew meat as bait works great!

dino
06-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I used a croc and it worked great with the bulls

Foxton Gundogs
06-14-2013, 07:18 PM
BIG red and whites work well on Lakers everywhere I tried them

eric
06-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Yellow 5 o diamonds.
Great camping spot as soon as ya hit the first lake on the left hand side, nice sandy beach and a big opening for tents. It might be full when your up there.
Go up to the second lake, on the right hand side up the lake a bit is another good spot.
Have fun,it's a awesome trip for sure

Sofa King
06-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Yellow 5 o diamonds.
Great camping spot as soon as ya hit the first lake on the left hand side, nice sandy beach and a big opening for tents. It might be full when your up there.
Go up to the second lake, on the right hand side up the lake a bit is another good spot.
Have fun,it's a awesome trip for sure

i second that lure.
mainly the colours.
my go-to lure for bulls is a large little cleo spoon in the bright yellow with red/orange spots.

604redneck
06-15-2013, 01:25 AM
Kitimat 65 green or blues

kako99
06-15-2013, 05:49 AM
Try brass and cooper crocs for bulls and the greylings meps and dicknights or any small spinner. Try jigging a buzzbomb for the lakers. I never fished the lake but the river is pretty hot for greys and some nice bulls. Good luck!

tuchodi
06-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Troll deep for Lakers, I have had good luck many times with a red and white Len Thompson spoon. Great fly fishing for greyling in the river and as said lots of bull trout.

mikek
06-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks for all the good tips, weather is looking good for the week we are there