PDA

View Full Version : Hare Heads

Sideofabarn
01-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Ok, so I shoot a 60# compound (APA Black Mamba), and am thinking of heading out for some hares around PG. Is a judo head adequate for them, or should I graduate to a broadhead. I may take some broadheads out in case I stumble across a coyote, but just curious about the energy.

Dirty
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Ditch the Judos and get the Kondors, either or will kill rabbits but the Kondors are harder to lose.

Ddog
01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
i wouldnt use either, a judo or a condor, go with cheap broadheads ( wal-mart has some cheapies) I have shot my fair share of rabbits and hares and the judo heads have not performed very well for them, unless you hit them square in the head, i have shot lots dead center of the back only to have them run away. I have also put the judo right through grouse and watch them fly away. I have recently went with a small metal head that you screw a field point through called an ADDER, they work better than a judo or a condor for kills but they also are alot easier to lose unlike the judos that like to grab ahold of stuff and slow down, the ADDERS like to skip and fly away.