PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Canyon Road

Keta1969
06-11-2013, 02:22 PM
After seeing pictures on here of this area I'd like to have a look.Will be driving around B.C. during the last half of June and will be in a Mazda 3 as the truck is in the shop.Is the road in good enough condition to scoot down there in the car?I'll have my wife with me and don't want to here about it all the way in if it's dicey.Two wheel drive with newer tires.Thanks in advance for any info.

srupp
06-11-2013, 02:24 PM
should be no problems...gravel rd for the logging trucks...folks take cars that live out Big Creek and the other side of the bridge..it sure is pretty and may see some cali bighorns..

steven

BCKyle
06-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I used to have an '89 mazda 323... heheheh that thing got into some pretty gnarly places. Drive safe and use your momentum on uphill lumpy spots. :twisted:

06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
One of my favorite places in BC

Big Lew
06-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Have traveled a lot on that road and others in the area over the years. As "srupp" said, it's a good gravel road used by logging trucks and cars. Just be aware that on many of the high speed gravel roads in the chilcotin, there could be frost heaves, (soft spots) and often they use rough gravel containing large stones when re-surfacing or patching. This rough re-surfacing can be rough on small light-duty vehicles so just take it slow and easy on them.

REMINGTON JIM
06-11-2013, 07:18 PM
After seeing pictures on here of this area I'd like to have a look.Will be driving around B.C. during the last half of June and will be in a Mazda 3 as the truck is in the shop.Is the road in good enough condition to scoot down there in the car?I'll have my wife with me and don't want to here about it all the way in if it's dicey.Two wheel drive with newer tires.Thanks in advance for any info.

Last year i was there the road was excellent ! No Problem for a car ! UNLess its pouring Rain then stay away - it will be Muddy ! :) RJ

Fred1
06-11-2013, 07:27 PM
One of my favorite places in BC
x2 Been there quite a few times... Worked out that way. Car is no problem. Watch the log trucks if they are hauling, give em room, its a tough pull in and out of there. Take your hiking boots and camera. Get up on that sand dune! Very neat spot in BC!!!
Anyone remember at what km marker the hollow rock is?? Across the bridge, high side of the road, 16? 19? ??

solo
06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Take a can of tire inflator. Flat tires suck!