PDA

View Full Version : **important Issue That Effects All Of Us***

Gateholio
01-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Go to this thread, and write a letter...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9565

Time ot sh*t or get off the pot, ladies and gentlemen. Stand up for yourselves...

Will
01-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Letter Sent.......Thanks for the Motivation8-)

Steeleco
01-06-2007, 12:22 PM
If you like the outdoors for more than looking at, it's time to step up!!!!

SavageShooter
01-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Is there somewhere where we can read the full proposal?

Thanks,

SS

Elkaholic
01-08-2007, 08:01 AM
If you would like to get a copy of the proposal send me a PM with your email, I will send it to you. And you can have a read through the garbage.

Gunner
01-08-2007, 11:17 AM
I have sent many letters to the government,the Minister,my MLA,and the Branch regarding this issue!The pablum they try to spoon feed me in return is absolutely infuriating!This is nothing less than selling off our wildlife to benefit the guides,and I am sick of it.(by the way it is 9 years since my last moose draw and I am not drawing in a high odds area):mad: Gunner

The Hermit
01-11-2007, 05:01 PM
letters in the mail

40incher
01-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I have sent many letters to the government,the Minister,my MLA,and the Branch regarding this issue!The pablum they try to spoon feed me in return is absolutely infuriating!This is nothing less than selling off our wildlife to benefit the guides,and I am sick of it.(by the way it is 9 years since my last moose draw and I am not drawing in a high odds area):mad: Gunner

You are 100% right Gunner.

Contact your MLA's, the Premier. Kick their frickin' doors down. Write a letter to the editor in your local rag to elevate the issue so the politicians take notice. We are the majority.

Don't waste your time with MOE. They have shown their stripes.

boonerbuck
01-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Here's a response I'm sure all who e-mailed Nancy Wilkin recieved in regards to the allocation process...

Thank you for your email of January 6, 2007 regarding the new Harvest Allocation Policy and Procedure, which will be implemented during the 2007-08 hunting season. Your letter has been forwarded to me to respond on behalf of the Minister.
Harvest allocation between resident hunters and guide outfitters has historically been a contentious issue, requiring lengthy negotiations and frequently resulting in unpredictable and even inefficient outcomes. The wording of former government policy on this issue failed to provide staff with sufficient direction for making consistent decisions across the province. In response to this issue, the Fish and Wildlife Branch began a comprehensive review of existing allocation policies and procedures in 2004, with the aim of developing an objective, transparent, and efficient approach to allocating big game harvests. This review, involving provincial representatives of the B.C. Wildlife Federation, the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia, the BC Trappers Association, and the ministry, has now been completed. Resident priority was a key component of the original policy that has been maintained; the way in which resident priority will be addressed and considered by the ministry is now explicitly described in the Resident Hunter Priority Policy.
As part of this policy review, the Fish and Wildlife Branch created a standard procedure and associated policies for making allocation decisions. The new Harvest Allocation Procedure bases allocation decisions on objective criteria developed through discussions and consultations with staff and stakeholders. The procedure begins with 75 percent of the Annual Allowable Harvest being allocated to residents and 25 percent being allocated to guides. From that point, the allocation then shifts depending on the relative importance and utilization of the resource by each hunter group. Following these steps, a minimum hardship rule is applied to ensure a smooth transition from the current allocation; this rule states that the lowest share of the existing allocation may not shift more than 20 percent during the first allocation period (2007-11). As a result of these steps, residents will see increases in their share of the harvest in ~62 percent of the allocation decisions; for instance, residents will be allocated an average 84 percent of bull moose, 82 percent of bull elk, 73 percent of bighorn sheep, and 98 percent of all antlerless hunts. The procedure is not designed to shift overall use away from either group, but rather to remove inefficiencies in the allocations and create higher utilization rates for hunters.
In the coming years, we will be monitoring the performance of the new Harvest Allocation Policy and Procedure to ensure that they are indeed meeting the objectives of the review process.
Thank you again for your interest in this issue.
Yours truly,
Original signed by
Nancy Wilkin
Assistant Deputy Minister
Environmental Stewardship Division

Elkaholic
01-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Here's a response I'm sure all who e-mailed Nancy Wilkin recieved in regards to the allocation process...

.The procedure is not designed to shift overall use away from either group, but rather to remove inefficiencies in the allocations and create higher utilization rates for hunters.

If by inefficiencies she means giving our unused tags to the G/O I guess she is right. So that means for every green peacer that burns their LEH tags, we get the shaft.

Fosey
01-19-2007, 04:37 PM
We are presently trying to get hunters to visit all MLA's on Vancouver Island about the allocation problems. We have covered the MLA's on Northern Van island. Is there anybody in the area below Duncan that would take the time to visit their MLA? I will provide the required allocation info, you won't need much because they will have limited knowledge