PDA

View Full Version : Peep tubing

westhoyt
06-06-2013, 02:53 PM
My peep doesn't line up consistently unless I have tubing attached. So the other day I was shooting and tubing came off but I shot a few arrows ans noticed point of impact changed .now I am wondering how long of tubing to use not to affect accuracy. Thanks

Geo.338
06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
The length is not critical but you want it to pull the peep into alignment at full draw .

This is a chronic problem with this type of peep . If it broke at the end you could probably just reattach and good to go .

I suggest a G5 meta peep . By design I think it is much better peep that pretty much always is in alignment . Only about $10.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-06-2013, 03:50 PM
The length is not critical but you want it to pull the peep into alignment at full draw .

This is a chronic problem with this type of peep . If it broke at the end you could probably just reattach and good to go .

I suggest a G5 meta peep . By design I think it is much better peep that pretty much always is in alignment . Only about $10.

The Meta peep is only aligned if the string is settled and done stretching ... a quality string set is critical for tubeless peeps

If you want a peep that doesnt require tubbing but dont want to fork out the cash right away for a quality string ... spend about 10 bucks on Shurzpeep ... you have to split the string into thirds to set it properly and its set flat into the string ... at draw you will have an eye shaped hole to see through ... if you do it right your eye wont pick up the third string .... and you can center the sight housing on the top and bottom of the peep

I shot one of theses for a long time before I switched to a specailty peep
http://allencompany.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_1720.jpg

Midland
06-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I shoot one of these still works good... I was thinking of changing to a meta, but I am so used to the shurzpeep so stuck with it...

The Meta peep is only aligned if the string is settled and done stretching ... a quality string set is critical for tubeless peeps

If you want a peep that doesnt require tubbing but dont want to fork out the cash right away for a quality string ... spend about 10 bucks on Shurzpeep ... you have to split the string into thirds to set it properly and its set flat into the string ... at draw you will have an eye shaped hole to see through ... if you do it right your eye wont pick up the third string .... and you can center the sight housing on the top and bottom of the peep

I shot one of theses for a long time before I switched to a specailty peep
http://allencompany.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_1720.jpg

westhoyt
06-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Well the tubing definitely affects the point of impact when you compare tubing vs no tubing, which makes me wonder if length of tubing is a factor also ,so leaning toward getting different peep which doesn't require tubing

Shooter
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The point of impact change is likely from the peep being twisted when you look through it and that makes it much harder to line up completely with your sight housing.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Well the tubing definitely affects the point of impact when you compare tubing vs no tubing, which makes me wonder if length of tubing is a factor also ,so leaning toward getting different peep which doesn't require tubing

if you are shooting the same bow with tube and no tube ... I am will to bet the change in the POI is infact due to the differance in height on the string the peep was installed ... the additional weight of the tubed peep on the string you most likely wouldnt see a diff in POI untill you really stretch out the shot to beyond 50ish yrds

Shooter
06-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Is the POI change vertical or horizontal?

Riverbc
06-07-2013, 04:30 PM
I replace my old tubing with some tubing that was little heavier. POI was very noticeable at 30 yards. I shoot tubeless peep now.

Ranger95
10-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I would stick with the tubing. It's way more reliable, easy to adjust and no matter how much your string creeps it will always be in line and you'll never have to change your anchor point.

E.V.B.H.
10-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Also make sure your d loop is lined up with your peep, this will help twist tit straight at full draw.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I would stick with the tubing. It's way more reliable, easy to adjust and no matter how much your string creeps it will always be in line and you'll never have to change your anchor point.

so .. your string creeps or stretches a little bit ... it stands to reason that your peep will move a bit with it ... you dont think your anchor will change???
therefore a POI wont change ????
Mmmmmkay !
keep telling yourself that

a quality string and cable set is of the utmost importance .... spend the extra cash ... get quality products ... you will be nothing but aggrevated otherwise ...
dump the tubed peeps ... the tube breaks at full draw on a monster buck .... I garantee you will see it my way after that

Riverbc
10-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Tubeless way more reliable? I don't think so. Tubing breaks....sometimes it slips off peep....that's not good. I started with tubing, and when I needed new strings, I bought a good quality string and cable, and went tubeless. I'd never go back to tubing. I bought a higher end bow last year and it came with a quality string. If peep twists a little, adjust d-loop at same angle.....drawing back puts the peep where you want it.

Big Lew
10-10-2013, 06:56 AM
so .. your string creeps or stretches a little bit ... it stands to reason that your peep will move a bit with it ... you dont think your anchor will change???
Mmmmmkay !

a quality string and cable set is of the utmost importance .... spend the extra cash ... get quality products ... you will be nothing but aggrevated otherwise ...
dump the tubed peeps ... the tube breaks at full draw on a monster buck .... I garantee you will see it my way after that

Totally agree! I also started with tubing, but after fiddling with it, including accidentally snagging it while walking through bush, I spent the money on quality strings and went tubeless...I'll never go back either.

Ranger95
10-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Mmmmmkay !

Right so maybe I mispoke a bit. What I meant is that tube sights are there for a reason! They take the hassle out of aligning your peep, and while you are correct about the string creep, buying expensive strings and cables are not always an option for everyone. Personally I use a tube sight just to eleminate the extra checks I have to do when lined up on a target. The only benifit I see from tubless sights are the speed gain, and even then its maybe 5 fps.

Shooter
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I just prefer less things possible to fail during the most critical moments. A tube breaking when drawing on a deer.......... if I can eliminate that possibility I will. Tubeless for me. I am also a tinkerer and like my stuff to be as tuned as possible. If I need to rely on a tube to straighten my peep then something else is off.