PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable

SeaScene
06-05-2013, 07:28 PM
My zodiac went awol en route north. Anchored in McNeil and need a new inflatable. I hear Achilles is good from previous post but am open. Gotta have it soon shipped i guess. 8 to 9' is good .... and gotta be rugged. Any suggestions... dealers ... etc ?
... many thanks

Mishka
06-06-2013, 08:04 AM
I have a 2008 Achilles SG-124 (12'4). I bought it new from River Marine in Vancouver. - I just tried to google them and I guess they went bankrupt or something.... Anywaaayy.

It's a great boat and very tough (Hypalon). I never had a problem with it. No de-lamination or any issues. I am considering selling it because I don't use it like I should. Let me know if you're interested in that size.

Salty
06-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Check out Shop Rite marine in McNeill, I think they have a few inflatables up stairs no idea what brands etc.

SeaScene
06-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I have a 2008 Achilles SG-124 (12'4). I bought it new from River Marine in Vancouver. - I just tried to google them and I guess they went bankrupt or something.... Anywaaayy.

It's a great boat and very tough (Hypalon). I never had a problem with it. No de-lamination or any issues. I am considering selling it because I don't use it like I should. Let me know if you're interested in that size.

Hi Mishka... thanks for the offer... I would jump at something smaller....
SeaScene

longstonec
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Polaris makes great boats. They are in langley. Local company. Any issues I have ever had all I ha to do was showup up and they fixed

06-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Costco sells Zodiac and Bombard, which are both excellent (I've owned several of both). Also consider Saturn - they get excellent reviews and are priced well. They ship out of Toronto.

SeaScene
06-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Costco sells Zodiac and Bombard, which are both excellent (I've owned several of both). Also consider Saturn - they get excellent reviews and are priced well. They ship out of Toronto.

I would be costco zodiacs are chinese ?? France still makes their own and also have one made in China...

srupp
06-06-2013, 02:56 PM
hmmm I have the top of the line Achilles... only used for few trips over a few years fly in moose hunts......still unmarked pristine condition...top of the line Hypalon...think its 8-9 feet?? actually was looking at selling it..may consider it..packs up small very stable and quality for a lifetime....steven

06-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I would be costco zodiacs are chinese ?? France still makes their own and also have one made in China...

You can even get the Acti-V, which is their high end small boat, through Costco. The last Acti-V I bought was ~2005 model and it was made in France.

Sitkaspruce
06-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Check out Shop Rite marine in McNeill, I think they have a few inflatables up stairs no idea what brands etc.

Like Salty said, go and see Shop Rite, they actually have some pretty good prices on some things. Will get you on the water faster.

Cheers

SS

SeaScene
06-19-2013, 10:59 PM
hmmm I have the top of the line Achilles... only used for few trips over a few years fly in moose hunts......still unmarked pristine condition...top of the line Hypalon...think its 8-9 feet?? actually was looking at selling it..may consider it..packs up small very stable and quality for a lifetime....steven

Thanks for that... a bit late though as I had a SeaMax sent up ... would have been interested for sure. The SeaMax looks good .. it is 9'5 ocean, "heavier" duty model seems well built, rugged, roll up with aluminum floor ... price $999.00 Tested it out off McNeill today no complaints...

Sofa King
06-19-2013, 11:39 PM
the seamax is a good boat. and a great price as well.
my brother is in pt. mcneil for work. he has the 9 1/2 ft that he would have sold you no problem, it's been on the water twice.
but i don't think he has it there with him, i'm not sure i haven't chatted to him for awhile.
too late now anyway.
i think you'll be more than happy with that little boat.

Roe
02-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Hi Stephen. Are you still thinking of selling your boat? I am in the market.