PDA

View Full Version : shed hunting

forestwalker
06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I know I'm pushing my luck, but does anyone know of a good place to hunt for moose and deer sheds in Williams Lake and surrounding areas. Also, when is the best time of year to be looking from all I hear, December seems to be the best time in these parts. This is something I'm new at, I've always kept my eyes open for sheds but never truly went hunting them. Need some more moose sheds for a chandelier I'm making and I have plans for a whole line of furniture for my new place. Looking forward to the hunting, after all nothing like a walk in the woods.
cheers
Rick

warnniklz
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
The tree planters get on them pretty quick. I've seen them packing headgear pretty late(march).

va7bkl
06-04-2013, 07:30 AM
I hope I'm not hyjacking this thread, but when is it too late to go shed hunting? If one was to go this weekend, would there still be sheds to find? What happens to them all, I've been hunting for 3 years now and have inly come across maybe 2 sheds?

hunter1947
06-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I hope I'm not hyjacking this thread, but when is it too late to go shed hunting? If one was to go this weekend, would there still be sheds to find? What happens to them all, I've been hunting for 3 years now and have inly come across maybe 2 sheds?

Not to late there out there not everyone finds them all I have found sheds from the year before when out shed hunting sometimes I find sheds that are years old ,,if your not out there looking you won't find any its simple as that ,,first off you got to find an area where the animals winter find this and you will find..