PDA

View Full Version : Peer's Creek FSR, Sowaqua Creek FSR and Siwash Creek FSR

Wullfen
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Was thinking of taking a day trip Monday to poke around for the elusive Bruin. I haven't been on any of these three roads before, was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the condition of the roads and how drivable they are. Would like to get as far up them as I can before I jump out and start hiking. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

mr604
09-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Wullfen,

these roads interest me for deer. Did you ever go and check them out?

BigSlapper
09-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Years ago Sowaqua was gated ... is it still gated? Nice area to hike up into the alpine bowls (but a bit of a hike in).
Saw the biggest Tom I've seen at the back end of Sowaqua

Stillhunting
09-23-2014, 09:18 AM
I've been working up there at the back end for the last couple of days. There is a logging show going on through the week, so a radio is a good idea. There are a few hunters working the area, unfortunately, we ruined one guy's morning hunt because he just so happened to be staking out our work site. I did see a little deer sign, a surprising amount of moose sign, and some bear sign as well. There is lots of nice alpine that looks like it would be a good place for some bucks to hide out in the early season. It's a good hike to get up there though.

brig
09-23-2014, 09:38 AM
There's defintely a few moose in there. Deer hunting is pretty spotty in the valley though.