PDA

View Full Version : ignorant hunters

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:06 AM
well out for bear again yesterday and came across this bear skin tossed on the side of the road. this want killed at the site nor did they skin it here. from what i see with no foot prints at edge in soft gravel and no other sign near the spot, id assume some assmonkey tossed this out the window as they drove down the fsr. i found the main portion close to the edge of road and up over a ledge above the rug was more smaller chunks that went further when tossed. i said in video no way its 2 year old but who knows...just seems realy small to me. either way its bullcrap to toss a rug out like that, more ammo for the anti hunters to see...way to go clown

oh and we didnt get our bear...lots of poo again and some baby grouse and a weird brown snake ive never seen before, no idea what type...brown snake??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo99trtlwBo

ruger#1
06-02-2013, 07:09 AM
If it's tail looked like it's head then it would be a rubber boa. They are brown or green. http://www.bcreptiles.ca/snakegallery.htm

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:13 AM
i didnt see its head/...was in a log...just ass was out and looked weir..stubby sorta almost like chopped off one time..

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:14 AM
sure looks close to them pics in your link..its in the video half way in

Fred1
06-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Look like a rubber boa! Cool find!

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:18 AM
wow cool..never ven heard of them. and i found a youtube vid of kids found one an about same size and dad says thats huge in his video...cool, 1 of the only 2 species of boa over here.

Steeleco
06-02-2013, 07:19 AM
There's no requirement to keep the hide it does look smallish but if it was alone it's legal. They could have walked it 50 feet into the trees and done a better job mind you. Looks like you had a good day in the woods despite the hide. Better than a good day at work!

ruger#1
06-02-2013, 07:19 AM
http://www.bcreptiles.ca/snakes/rubberboa.htm I have found them in Oliver. I seen one here in the valley also.

pnbrock
06-02-2013, 07:27 AM
did you do us hunters a favour and run the hide to the trees out of sight?

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:43 AM
i know there no law to take hide...edible portions..but the clown didnt need to toss it out as he drove down the road..why not leave in bush at the kill so public doesnt have to see that, thats my ojnly beef. some wonder why anti or general public frown on us and this is why, lazzy stupidity
other than that, ya was good time..sucks being in middle of all that poo and not a bear around

and yes i took the hide up the hill so it wasnt viewable, i was actualy going to take it home and practice doing a rug for my own bear. but decided wsnt worth a hastle if we got stopped and being so small

Muliechaser
06-02-2013, 07:46 AM
That may be to only rubber boa you ever get to see! Awsome. Last time i seen one was 15 years ago

Mc

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:51 AM
figured it was something diff..ive seen alot of snake and diff animal in the bush but never that...not down here anyways. glad i got some video of it. and our first time seeing them baby grouse..man they are small. mom was sure playing the tough woman role...all fluffed up charging us....lol

ruger#1
06-02-2013, 07:54 AM
The first one I have seen was up at Bear Lake. It was on a cow pie. At first I thought some kid put a rubber dollar store snake on it. I went to pick it up and almost shit myself when it started to move in my hands. Yes, I had a little girl moment.

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:57 AM
lol..ya my buddy thought it was dead..looked rubber to me...lol. guess is why called rubber boa.

G.A.
06-02-2013, 07:57 AM
still shot from cell phone of the skin..

http://i41.tinypic.com/c6p3c.jpg

Gr8 white hunter
06-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Don't call them hunters they have know ethics .

rides bike to work
06-02-2013, 08:55 AM
You never know another animal could have drug it out onto the road. I found one on the side of the road once and drug it into the bush two days later it had been drug back out onto the road.cool snake

moosinaround
06-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Damm sub standard bear hunters!! How dare they leave a hide of a legal bear in the woods!! The substandard hunters should lose their privilege to hunt, or take your ethics course, so they can comply with your impeccable angelic hunting ethics!! Moosin

G.A.
06-02-2013, 09:15 AM
just from how we found the main skin and the smaller pieces lying there it sure looked like just a drive by.
doesnt matter if its legal or not to some of us there moosin, simple respect isnt hard to do for some of us. and in my view with it being so small just dont look good on us, campers and families are in this area. not everyone is so selfih to only think of themselves out there. no wonder we have places shut down to us

moosinaround
06-02-2013, 09:25 AM
The good thing about where we live is we can have an opinion. That's yours and mine is different. We sit and accuse, especially fellow outdoorsmen that they are un ethical. We donot know the circumstances, of the kill, or the hide disposal, you are being circumstantial. Maybe the hide was found by a person with animal rights agenda and was placed there on purpose? Why so quick to accuse a fellow outdoorsman, there was no gut pile, or blood? Who knows, don't be so quick to jump on a like minded hunter, on a like minded hunting board unless you can directly attach such a person to the activity! Just saying!

b.c hunter 88
06-02-2013, 09:36 AM
I get what your saying it seems small but then again my smallest bear was 6 foot. I just moved out to Alberta for work and started to hunt the reg's out hear say on a bear only the hide has to be used the meat can be dumped I'm finding almost all hunters out hear hunt for trophy that's it to me and everyone I hunt with uses all the animal it sure gives the anties a reason to stop us hunting. Id say that hide looks to be about 3 to 4 food area.

G.A.
06-02-2013, 09:36 AM
lol...ok..look for them excuses. ill stick with my thoughts on it, that seems the most likely and obvious. i was there to see more than what in the vid..i think your the one doing more assuming not being there, thats ok, you are allowed your internet opinion..

G.A.
06-02-2013, 09:38 AM
yes id say the skin from tip to end was 3 ...max 4 foot. didnt make sence to skin the fat off so well and just toss it...or whatever may have happened. with seeing the smaller tuffs of fir up in a thrown pattern above this heavier one made me go to ythe thrown ot thinking. an that it wasnt there half hour before as i was diving that road all day.

G.A.
06-02-2013, 09:39 AM
by thew way, there is provincial camps and alot of non hunter activities in this area, surpised we can hunt at all in there still being some is a park

Spy
06-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Maybe it fell off the back of the truck or quad, shit happens. If they did chuck it there then they are ignorant, dump it off the road.

G.A.
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
how did the small bits get way up the embankment as if was tossed...and in the vid i did say about..what if it fell off...just didnt fit the scene, if fell off it would all be in one pile or close to it..and it wasnt, and the small bits wee about 20 foot up the bank..kinda hard to fall up to

06-02-2013, 09:59 AM
You never know another animal could have drug it out onto the road. I found one on the side of the road once and drug it into the bush two days later it had been drug back out onto the road.cool snake

l walk my dogs daily and often see them pick up what ever, carry it any where from a few yards to km's at a time.

The good thing about where we live is we can have an opinion. That's yours and mine is different. We sit and accuse, especially fellow outdoorsmen that they are un ethical. We donot know the circumstances, of the kill, or the hide disposal, you are being circumstantial. Maybe the hide was found by a person with animal rights agenda and was placed there on purpose? Why so quick to accuse a fellow outdoorsman, there was no gut pile, or blood? Who knows, don't be so quick to jump on a like minded hunter, on a like minded hunting board unless you can directly attach such a person to the activity! Just saying!

The shooting fraternity has always been their own worst enemy! Seen lots of destruction and mess left in the bush buy hunters/shooters but l don't know if an internet chat form is where the problem can be fixed, although it does give those who don't support our past time lots of ammo to use against responsible firearms owners.......pictures included :razz: In this particular case, what was done that was illegal? May not have been the most couth thing to do if it was indeed a hunter ditching a hide, but nothing illegal, yet a some folks are ready to tar and feather the guilty (at least in their eyes) party.

Jagermeister
06-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Don't call them hunters they have know (sic) ethics .

Damm sub standard bear hunters!! How dare they leave a hide of a legal bear in the woods!! The substandard hunters should lose their privilege to hunt, or take your ethics course, so they can comply with your impeccable angelic hunting ethics!!
I'm with Moosin on this one. Had it been the other way around and the OP stumbled across the carcass and no hide, then it would be un-ethical.
The size might bear question as to whether it is a cub. We have to assume that it was a singular bear. It could be that it was recently driven away by the sow since she would be entering into estrus. The sow would not want her offspring in tow.
Unless we are witness to how the scenerio played out, there simply is no question of ethics because it all appears to be within the legal confines of bear hunting.

r106
06-02-2013, 11:21 AM
how did the small bits get way up the embankment as if was tossed...and in the vid i did say about..what if it fell off...just didnt fit the scene, if fell off it would all be in one pile or close to it..and it wasnt, and the small bits wee about 20 foot up the bank..kinda hard to fall up to

Sounds like some coyotes were playing with it, dragging it around and nibbling at it? Could be a "ignorant" hunter or maybe your "ignorant" to assume that? Lots of possibilities.

This will at least act as a reminder to make sure animal parts are left out of sight in busy areas

r106
06-02-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm with Moosin on this one. Had it been the other way around and the OP stumbled across the carcass and no hide, then it would be un-ethical.
The size might bear question as to whether it is a cub. We have to assume that it was a singular bear. It could be that it was recently driven away by the sow since she would be entering into estrus. The sow would not want her offspring in tow.
Unless we are witness to how the scenerio played out, there simply is no question of ethics because it all appears to be within the legal confines of bear hunting.

Well put. ^^^

Sofa King
06-02-2013, 11:56 AM
still shot from cell phone of the skin..

http://i41.tinypic.com/c6p3c.jpg

toss that pic in the sasquatch thread.
it will be "proof" of sasquatch. haha.

G.A.
06-02-2013, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=r106;1338625]Sounds like some coyotes were playing with it, dragging it around and nibbling at it? Could be a "ignorant" hunter or maybe your "ignorant" to assume that? Lots of possibilities.

This will at least act as a reminder to make sure animal parts are left out of sight in busy areas[/QUOT

No bite marks .. No trax off any type.... Already said that. Read better before assuming someone is ignorant when i was there to see and nobody else was..,.lots more assuming goin on in the thteead than on the side if the road.
I am starting to see many that dont seem to care about others thoughts on what we do, id call that more ignorant than how i viewed the scene

G.A.
06-02-2013, 09:38 PM
toss that pic in the sasquatch thread.
it will be "proof" of sasquatch. haha.

Actualy i see some circular burn marks on the road so im leaning more yo credit E.T with this one.. Lol

pete_k
06-02-2013, 10:15 PM
and in my view with it being so small just dont look good on us, campers and families are in this area. not everyone is so selfih to only think of themselves out there. no wonder we have places shut down to us

So rather than chuck it in the bush you post it on Youtube for billions to see. LOL..
Awesome day in the bush though.

G.A.
06-03-2013, 07:12 AM
lol...wow, when are you guys going to read right/...how ironic..a reading forum and members cant even read right....lol..already said i tossed it so others didnt have to find it as well.... if you read proper...

r106
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
No bite marks .. No trax off any type.... Already said that. Read better before assuming someone is ignorant when i was there to see and nobody else was..,.lots more assuming goin on in the thteead than on the side if the road.
I am starting to see many that dont seem to care about others thoughts on what we do, id call that more ignorant than how i viewed the scene

Well first off I can read just fine. I just question the source and have a open mind when it comes to something that happened that nobody saw. There is a good chance what you said happened, actually did but there is a chance it didn't. And starting a thread titled " Ignorant Hunters " is strong words from someone that didn't see it happen. This is an open forum people are going to post there opinions on what happened. Not just take your word for it. Thats the nature of the internet:-D.

anyway looks like you guys were having fun out there keep at it and you'll connect on your bear. I'm having the same problem as you, seeing lots of sign this year but lacking the actual bear sightings

G.A.
06-03-2013, 08:09 AM
i had already posted that i hid the skin is why i said some dont read well, why say to do so if i had and posted i had,...im entitled to my words how i felt of what i saw. i didnt just roll up and right away make assumptions..we looked around the area to come to that, i get others dont have to agree with the tiny bit of vid they get. ive been called ignorant now but seems that ok..they have even less info to make conclusiuons, funny stuff.
and this in my view is more than hunting...to me is just basic human respect for other...if it was tossed as it sure looked to us. if it means im ignorant also to make my conclusion so be it then..im fine with that deison. what some on a forum think means nothing to me.

anyways...ya its been realy sucking this season for bears. think my season is about over now/. may be a couple day hikes local here where i live but is about it for this guy, gonna hybernate now til sept 1....lol

BigfishCanada
06-03-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't see it being a big deal, I don't bear hunt but I throw all my deer skins down a cliff, or behind a tree etc etc, once I threw one over a cliff and the next day I found it on the logging road where I through it off of? Have no idea how it got back up. I guess your right that Antis may make a huge deal about finding a skin from a legal hunt (assuming it was legal) in the middle of a back road forest but they can kiss my ass. In regards to your snake, a rubber boa for sure, When I found one I thought it was a large slug , I actually saw a rattle snake (We ran over it by accident) a few minutes before finding the BOA.
http://youtu.be/pWrNZlLMNTw Heres the vid

G.A.
06-03-2013, 08:22 AM
again i posted this wasnt no backroad to the bush...was a road in a park, out back ya id say same...no biggy, i know theres nothing illegal. i didnt say illegal. just a respect thing for me, if was my scenario id have left the skin at the kill site..didnt make sence to bring it out of bush to throw it or leave it where we found it. if it was all chewed up or messy id have thought possibly an animal did drag it..wasnt even dirty from the ground, nor cold from lyin there. an we just dove by 20 min or so prior and wasnt there...to me just to many things say it was thrown there.

kinda wished id spent more time at that snake to see all of it now. looked weir. budy said looked dead and to me it did look fake and rubber...lol.

hey my bro just bought one of them rossi 38/357 guns..we tried it out for firt time on this trip in the id, tried 2 diff shells..aluminum and brass...aluminum suck. had hard time getting them loaded

fuzzybiscuit
06-03-2013, 08:43 AM
The Antis could get all the ammo they need just by reading a thread like this one.

Why would they ever need to leave the comfort of their own living room? They could just sit back and peruse the internet on sites like this one and find all the hunter bashing info they could ever want...and by hunters no less.

Jagermeister
06-03-2013, 10:11 AM
The thread in this link would fit the theme of this thread.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?95660-Sow-with-cubs-shot-and-left-near-trout-lake-(South-of-Revelstoke)

Mr. Dean
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Hmmm, it might have been mine but we did dump it out of the park, where we got it (about 30 yards off the road). No idea how it got to where you say it is but, whatever. :neutral:

Feel free to flame away and no, I don't need any PM's about this.

Mr. Dean
06-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Hmmm, it might have been mine but we did dump it out of the park, where we got it (about 30 yards off the road). No idea how it got to where you say it is but, whatever. :neutral:

Feel free to flame away and no, I don't need any PM's about this.

Please, let me add;
I would like to thank the OP for his 'projected' views on this. They were enlightening.

G.A.
06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
no problem. glad to enlighten you...lol

BearSupreme
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a new hunter learning about what to do. The first bear I shot wasnt the biggest, but it was extremely exciting and I have now raised my minimum size and my bears keep getting bigger. I dont think its ignorance, a lot of people done have the opportunity to hunt with a seasoned vet, like when I started, and we learn as we go. I think making assumptions about the situation makes hunters look worse than what you described you saw. Ignorance is described as judging without knowing right? Kinda like you calling this hunter ignorant? :wink::wink:

Mr. Dean
06-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a new hunter learning about what to do. The first bear I shot wasnt the biggest, but it was extremely exciting and I have now raised my minimum size and my bears keep getting bigger. I dont think its ignorance, a lot of people done have the opportunity to hunt with a seasoned vet, like when I started, and we learn as we go. I think making assumptions about the situation makes hunters look worse than what you described you saw. Ignorance is described as judging without knowing right? Kinda like you calling this hunter ignorant? :wink::wink:

Believe me, I know what bear hunting is and I knew exactly what I was drawing down on - Do I really need to justify it?
The animal was legal to take, end of story.

And some one or some thing dragged out the hide - Big Whoop, it's a forest and weirder shit has happened out there.

Muledeerjohn
06-04-2013, 01:05 AM
I hear ya. Any time of year i see the same thing. I dump mine in the bush. Deer bear moose etc.. Best of luck getting a bear. I got a brown about 2 1/2 weeks ago. 5ft5inches.