PDA

View Full Version : Tenzing 5000

Caveman
06-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Anyone have any experience with these packs. Looking into buying a pack and looking for the good and bad

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
06-13-2013, 08:45 PM
i would like to see one too .

calvin L
06-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I am doing a little research on this brand as I post this . I have only been able to see a couple of zipper failures . I like the lay out of the pack . It is no way a 10 day pack.( that is a email response from the company.) I will add to this as get more info about the packs .

Grumpa Joe
06-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Not a response about the 5000 but I do have the 1250 and so far find it to be a great pack. A great deal of flexibility with lots of pockets, good material, lots of padding, comfortable waist-belt and shoulder straps that adjust to the wearer, compression straps, water bladder compartment and so far no zipper issues.

I have an Eberlestock J34 as my big pack. Excellent performance for the small number of times that I have used it. Bought it for $250 but usually $100 more than that. The 5000 is around $390 at some of the big retailers.

Caveman
09-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Well, I broke down and bought the 5000 and just returned from a multi night backpack hunt with 50 plus lbs. I found the pack to perform very well. It was quite comfortable with ample space for six days. If there are a couple things I would like to change it would be a internal gun sleeve as opposed to the external. It worked fine but made access to the gun tough while hiking. Secondly, the waist belt is a little small but functions fine, with pouches for smaller things, such as range finder, GPS, clip or what have you. Plenty of pockets for organizing things, several access zippers to the main compartment and a built in pouch in the main section for a hydration system. Overall quite happy with it.

Shooter
09-04-2013, 05:29 PM
I have the 2220 and am quite impressed also.