PDA

View Full Version : Good Hunting Karma

TheProvider
05-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Well Sarah headed off for some wine and hot tub with her friends. Olive, Lola, Fonzo and I headed out to look for a bear. Saw two right away on private land. Farther down the road came across a truck with a flat tire. No one to be seen but there was a recurve bow in the front seat. Carried on to check a spot and only manage to see a young sow. So back down the road to another spot. Passed the truck with flat tire and no one around still. A km past the truck I see someone walking towards me, pull over and over help. He can't get the lug nuts off and hitched a ride to a farm and called a tow truck. He headed back to his truck to wait and got a voicemail from the tow truck but had no reception to check his voicemail. So I decided to cut my hunt short and drove till I got service and called the tow truck company and confirmed someone was coming.

Headed back, picked up the hunter and on the way to his truck he let me know he'd seen 4 bears and a beautiful cinnamon. So he is thankful for my help and he wants to show me the exact spot. We decide to leave my truck at his and walk to the spot incase the cinnamon is back out. He grabbed his recurve. I really wanted to film but had my two girls so carried the one and held the others hand as we stalked towards the spot. I was staying back about 30yrds from the hunter. Almost right away I notice the cinnamon 60yrds from me and roughly 35yrds from the hunter. I click my tongue to get his attention and motion to where the bear is. He couldnt see him and stalked closer and I watch as the bear turns and slowly vacates. We we meet up and I tell him eactly where the bear was standing. Its almost completely dark and I notice a bit of a blob at the edge of the clearing. Binos confirmed another bear but he's on to us and vacates.

We walked back to the truck and the tow truck arrives just in time. Turns out the hunter can't come up to hunt anymore so he wishes me luck on the cinnamon. I think I know where I'll be tomorrow morning and evening with my bow and camera.

Too Bill from Port Moody it was could to meet you and give you a helping hand. Best of luck in the fall season!

TheProvider
Dusin

rollingrock
06-01-2013, 11:26 AM
:-D Thanks a lot for the help! My bones are sore. I started my day really early by hiking up 500 meters elevation in one hour to a spot where I saw a huge boar last year. The trail was full of blowdowns after the winter. But the boar didn't come out to meet me this time.

Out of the four bears, the first one was a good sized dark chocolate color phased. He hesitated for a few seconds before deciding to run up a steep thick cliff. Had I used rifle, he would have been taken. I hided in thick stuff across the road waiting for him to come back down, but the traffic suddenly got heavy. So he never showed up again when I left.

The cinnamon one was at a good bow hunting spot. But I had to deal with the flat tire before it got too dark. Damn dealership tightened the lugs so tight! Man, his coat looked shiny even when he was running in dusk.

Maybe yesterday wasn't my day to take a bear? The lovely girl who drove me out to make phone calls told me there was a reason for me to have a flat tire and it was a lucky day for the bears. :mrgreen:

I love Squamish, cuz there is nothing to hunt in Squamish!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/100_1120-2.jpg

TheProvider
06-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Cinnamon is still safe. Got a nice boar though this morning, not a monster but he tempted me too times too many

rollingrock
06-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Oh nice! Bow or rifle?

TheProvider
06-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Muzzleloader... brought the bow also. Had the bow with me when I checked out the cinnamon spot then next spot I figured the muzzleloader was more suited. Good thing too cause theres no way would've gotten a shot with the bow. Will post story and pics shortly

rollingrock
06-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Muzzleloader... brought the bow also. Had the bow with me when I checked out the cinnamon spot then next spot I figured the muzzleloader was more suited. Good thing too cause theres no way would've gotten a shot with the bow. Will post story and pics shortly

Muzzleloader?! Hahaha! That's awesome! Pretty badass! I just got my tire fixed, and the truck is clean and shiny again! LOL looking forward to your story!

s0ylentgreen
06-01-2013, 08:36 PM
kudos to you and your bow - quite the challenge!

im having a tough time getting one with my rifle!!

TheProvider
06-01-2013, 08:37 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?95622-Y-All-Hear-Me-Shoot&p=1338432#post1338432

rollingrock
06-01-2013, 09:18 PM
kudos to you and your bow - quite the challenge!

im having a tough time getting one with my rifle!!

It is very challenging. But that's why I'm so addicted. I'm telling you, once you start hunting with traditional bow, you lose interest in guns. And I shoot wood too. LOL