PDA

View Full Version : Cassiar Stone Outfitters - Moose Hunt

Montana
05-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Anyone here had any experiences hunting with Cassiar Stone Outfitters in NW B.C. or maybe have known someone who has hunted with them? I'm looking at a Moose hunt with them. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brad talkkari
05-31-2013, 06:10 AM
Yukon John guides for them, shoot him a PM

bcyukonair
05-31-2013, 07:27 AM
good moose country and they do not over hunt it

Everett
05-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Don't know anything about the outfitter but I have hunted his territory a couple times and we ended up with a full freezer both times. Very beautiful country.
Not a lot of guys on this site that would have used an outfitter BC boys are more of a do it yourself lot, you would probably have a better chance of finding first hand accounts of people that have hunted with the outfitter on a US site.

05-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Don't know anything about the outfitter but I have hunted his territory a couple times and we ended up with a full freezer both times. Very beautiful country.
Not a lot of guys on this site that would have used an outfitter BC boys are more of a do it yourself lot, you would probably have a better chance of finding first hand accounts of people that have hunted with the outfitter on a US site.

I'm sure he would do it himself too, if he could.

Montana
05-31-2013, 10:15 AM
It's tough choosing an outfitter.. Everyone has a great website these days with photos of the biggest animals they take, beautiful photos of the area, facilities, etc. and of course when given references no one is going to give you someone's name they might have had a disagreement or problems with. I've looked at the different sites that rate outfitters, etc. and have not found anyone who has done a review on this particular outfitter. With the way word spreads via the internet these days I would think if an outfitter was not reputable it wouldn't take long for the word to get out....As the old saying goes, "Misery loves company"...when someone has had a bad experience they seem to want to tell the world.

Yes, I'd love to do a DIY hunt but legally I can't, of couse, and secondly to tackle a moose I need help!!! :)

Rackmastr
05-31-2013, 10:18 AM
If you want another good option for a moose hunt in NE BC in a place that kills some big bulls, toss me a PM and I can point you to one place I'd use.

quadrakid
05-31-2013, 07:11 PM
If i had any useful info i,d share it. Having said that in all my years on this site i don,t think one person looking for info on guide outfitters has ever come back on the site to tell us of their trip,please be the first and i hope you have a great experience in BC. I,m heading to Montana for my vacation in July.One helluva beautiful state.

dingdongdenny
05-31-2013, 07:25 PM
If i had any useful info i,d share it. Having said that in all my years on this site i don,t think one person looking for info on guide outfitters has ever come back on the site to tell us of their trip,please be the first and i hope you have a great experience in BC. I,m heading to Montana for my vacation in July.One helluva beautiful state.
x2 ss lots of inquiry"s but nobody reports back,so how are we supposed to now if the hunt was good?

Montana
05-31-2013, 11:50 PM
I will definitely submit a report here if I do a hunt in Northern B.C....

Wild Images
06-01-2013, 08:08 AM

One thing I have learned over many trips out of Dease is that when you get a thumbs up from Bruce
you are going to do well ! I have hunted that country a few times and would not hesitate to go back in.

Elkhunter44
05-31-2014, 08:52 PM
Anyone have info on the Goat hunting up there?

Gateholio
05-31-2014, 09:07 PM

Montana-

I've never met bcyukonair but most of us know who he is. He only has 110 posts in almost 5 years, so he is obviously a man of few words. But those 10 words he just typed carry much weight and you should pay attention.

f350ps
06-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Somebody else should also pay attention Gate, this is a year old post, if anything we should be hearing how Montana's hunt turned out. K

kitnayakwa77
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I've heard good things about Cassiar Stone, and it is good country up there.