PDA

View Full Version : Another BIG grizzly down...

srupp
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Got the photos and the story from another successful Grizzly hunter that I had the privilege to chat with prior to his heading off on his lifetime hunt. He was supremely successful, with well over a 8' grizzly that looking at the photos may well go book.Was interesting to see some of the photos of places I have hunted so many times before..

Some suprising run ins with first nations...hmmmm anyhow he didn't get discouraged and stayed the course and learned from others experience to help him and got it done...

So far that's 3 grizzly hunters this spring whom I have had the pleasure to talk with and share experience and suggestions ..and has worked out well///

One group still out there that Im particularly interested in the results....some STRONG HEADWINDS against trophy grizzly hunting..some of it I will personally chat with the native bands involved..

Steven

BearSupreme
05-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Hows your Grizz hunting going Steven?

srupp
05-31-2013, 10:30 AM
no draw. just black bear hunting and helping others with their G bear opportunities..

steven

bc sportsman
05-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Can you tell us what 'surprising run ins' he had with First Nations and how he overcame/dealt with them? Might help me know how to best handle this should I ever run into a situation. Thanks.

srupp
05-31-2013, 10:48 AM
hmmm best as I can understand natives have put up signs " no trophy grizzly hunting" and were camped out getting close to groups of hunters?? one group with a tag just left??this crew just kept being polite and sharing food and beer? with the native ...they had an advantage in knowing where to disappear to and glass...same spot I have used for years a bit out of the way..but had to leave someone always in "camp" the area is open to hunting, has no guide in the area..

Calm polite and take a couple of photos..it IS against the law for anyone to interrupt or attempt to interrupt a lawful hunt..

steven

betteroffishing
05-31-2013, 10:58 AM
my in laws own property at the end of tatton stn road and have had a big assed grizz visiting their lower field for the last couple weeks. not sure if anyone has an leh for that area , but if you do , have at er. where tatton meets helena . carefull as there is a fair amount of private property along that stretch , but should be able to find space to hunt none the less.

srupp
05-31-2013, 11:22 AM
have actually seen grizz prints nearer to Helena lake along the snowmobile/crosscountry ski trails...a bit surprising..would have to be a older=wiser bear...? so much open patches and ranches usually mean a dead bear..lol my wife loves to walk with Ebony our dog along this area.....ooops

Steven

Caribou_lou
05-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Calm polite and take a couple of photos..it IS against the law for anyone to interrupt or attempt to interrupt a lawful hunt.
steven

Well I will bet that area will be closed next spring. They always get thier way. Just go back a couple years and look at what happened up the rail grade out of Iskut. Natives claimed resident Hunters were taking 400 moose out of that area. Ministry ignored them so they went in and kicked out all resident Hunters. No charges laid. The action ministry took was send out a few LEH cards to those who were effected. Its about time people were held accountable for their actions then this may stop happening. Until then we will continue to lose our hunting opportunities .

srupp
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
I certainly hope you are wrong.....Lou....

steven

Caribou_lou
05-31-2013, 11:21 PM
I hope so too. But the way things are going these days!

Correct me if I'm wrong but you mentioned there is no guide in this area anymore? The Grizzly tags that the guide isn't utilizing anymore. Were they turned into resident hunter LEH permits?