PDA

View Full Version : black bear spot..which one?

olympia
05-29-2013, 11:30 PM
so im heading out in about 2 weeks for another shot (pun inteneded) for black bear, should i head to pemberton or equally in the opposite direction princeton?

itsy bitsy xj
05-29-2013, 11:34 PM
I've heard good things about bears in Princeton, but haven't been there to see for myself

hunter1947
05-30-2013, 03:37 AM
If me flip a coin to decide both places are good areas for bear..

Big Lew
05-30-2013, 07:23 AM
I used to bow hunt north of Princeton, specifically around Siwash Cr. and lake, Elusive Cr., Galena Cr. and east of Missezula Lake during the first week of September. I often saw bears, some were quite big, and several were colour phase. Last time I was in there was 2 years ago. (while stalking up through an isolated small slash following very fresh buck tracks, I came face to face with a huge old boar....talk about testing your heart, I could have touched him with the end of my bow)

sawmill
05-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Was up to me I`d just head up to Hazelton and hunt the Kispiox forest road,scores of offshoot roads,killer bear country.Nothing to see 25 or more in an evening.Good place to apply for the Grizz LEH too.They have bears like we have whities.

G.A.
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
friend of mine doe princeton lots. says verry minimal bears he seen, in past few years he can count on 1 hand the numbers hes seen