PDA

View Full Version : Teach me about kamloops sheep

Banjo
05-29-2013, 01:14 PM
I hear alot about it, odds are crap, 1 authorization. What does this all mean? Are there lots of sheep and it is a good chance to have a successfull hunt, and if so why is there just one tag issued?

Can't make sense of it on my own. Thanks fellas!

kennyj
05-29-2013, 02:01 PM
If you can draw the tag, you have an excellent chance of taking a world class California Bighorn. Check out this link and any of Dana's threads on Kam sheep.
kenny
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?95411-Is-He-A-First-Day-Shooter

bighornbob
05-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Kenny summed it pretty well. If you have never hunted sheep before and in ok shape, you should get a respectable ram. If you really know what you are doing and in good shape you should be able to get a cranker in there. Its probably the easiest area to get a ram if you know nothing about sheep. Other LEH sheep (10-50:1 odds) hunts still require you to know something about sheep and be in shape. A lot of guys think there are monsters in there and there is but many don't get killed because the odds are the 2 guys that gets drawn are pretty much happy with any respectable looking ram. Each year there are bigger rams killed in the general open season areas along the Fraser River by guys that hunt sheep every year regardless if they get drawn or not, that are considerably bigger then the ones harvested in the Kamloops Lake draw. BHB