PDA

View Full Version : Flooded timber hunt..?

FowlWeather870
05-28-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm not asking for any secret locations or gps coordinates but has anyone done any flooded timber waterfowl hunting in BC? Just watched some footage from an old Ducks Unlimited TV episode and it looks absolutely wild. I would love to try it out sometime.

Sofa King
05-29-2013, 02:21 AM
the waters are still rising in the interior.
might be plenty of flooded timber soon.

Cdn-Redneck
05-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Many years ago when I was about 13 or so we hunted the north end of 176 st in surrey and there were a bunch of water holes in there amongst the trees. We didnt have a dog at that time so we only went once hearing from others about the spot. You would walk north along the railroad tracks and cut in there. That would be the closest thing I would have known about. I remember ducks coming in from all over the place though.

Kudu
05-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Many years ago when I was about 13 or so we hunted the north end of 176 st in surrey and there were a bunch of water holes in there amongst the trees. We didnt have a dog at that time so we only went once hearing from others about the spot. You would walk north along the railroad tracks and cut in there. That would be the closest thing I would have known about. I remember ducks coming in from all over the place though.

I wouldn't try that today, the cops will be all over you within minutes.

We live on the hill above (towards 160) - my boys went there once on their dirt bikes, the cop that was called in to bust them- let the off with a warning :mrgreen:

(he told me on the side, it sure beats the hell out of x box, but the brown folk on the other side are adverse to the noise pollution from kids on dirt bikes)

Cdn-Redneck
06-04-2013, 03:45 AM
I wouldn't try that today, the cops will be all over you within minutes.

We live on the hill above (towards 160) - my boys went there once on their dirt bikes, the cop that was called in to bust them- let the off with a warning :mrgreen:

(he told me on the side, it sure beats the hell out of x box, but the brown folk on the other side are adverse to the noise pollution from kids on dirt bikes)

like I say it was probably close to 35 years ago there really were no houses down there and it would have been legal back then. I probably would have been about 11 or 12. It was pretty cool from what I remember of it

Foxton Gundogs
06-04-2013, 11:52 AM
like I say it was probably close to 35 years ago there really were no houses down there and it would have been legal back then. I probably would have been about 11 or 12. It was pretty cool from what I remember of it

That was a cool place to shoot We used to have 3 timber ponds right where CP intermodal yard is now, teal and woodies used to buzz in through the tree tops what a hoot. Then we would go across and shoot the farms on Barnston Isl. for lards it was a great tome to live around there.