PDA

View Full Version : Passed my core! Looking for new hunters in lml reg 2 & 8

Speratus
05-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey Guys! Finally passed my CORE! Got my Hunter #.

Looking to get out Scouting. ANY NEW BOWHUNTERS LOOKING TO JOIN ME? I've been searching the maps and regs & I've got quite a few locations picked out ready to scout. The plan is to hit all the locations over several weekends with a Day Pack and look for sign.

Plans for this year are Understand the Land and Animals in and around LML - Looking to take some Grouse, Geese, & Rabbits (Possibly Snow Shoe Hare) for this year. All this while scouting for good areas for Black Tails & Mulies. I do plan to buy a deer tag but I doubt ill do much more than scout for deer and sign so I'll be ready for next year with a few ground blind and tree stand locations.

You never know... I might find someone on Bowen with property willing to let me hunt... :mrgreen:

Any tips, thoughts, recommendations, or other constructive criticism is welcome!
Cheers!

Dylan

G.A.
05-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Im a lml bowhunter. Want some company i may be into that. Its a hard go in the lml with a bow and being so bussy with noises though. My deer placed have basicly been scouted but still enjoy being out there. Theres a couple bow only area i go to also

Mr. Dean
05-27-2013, 12:34 PM
I like your style, Speratus!
Git out there and simply enjoy the experience of it all - Hunting is SO much more than killing critters. :wink:

Congrats on being newly founded eligible. :mrgreen:

Speratus
05-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Mr. Dean Thank you!

G.A. Lets do it! PM me and we can figure out how to go from there. Im new to this so I'm open to suggestions. We could do a cpl weekend day hikes or I don't mind taking a cpl days off. I'll see about emailing you some potential locations I'd like to check out if you haven't already been there ;)

Cheers!

ANY OTHER NEW BOW HUNTERS OUT THERE??

G.A.
05-30-2013, 07:21 AM
ok bud..ill pretty much gaurantee you a deer. thats an easy one...well...might be a bit harder come deer season, but ive lost track of how many i see each outting.
ok ill send pm

bowie
09-12-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm just starting out this year myself. I got my hunter # last week and am going to try my luck this weekend near Chilliwack then Vancouver Island next week. Anyone know how to find out about Bowen/ Texada?

odie1830
09-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Bowen island is a tough one! You can use long bow only i believe and its not hunter friendly . As for texada its ok, if you join the outdoorsman club you can get better access to areas but in my opinion there are better places to hunt.

grousehunter
10-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey Speratus,

I just recently passed my CORE and obtained my hunter #. I'll be hunting with a cross bow and am new to all of this. I'm interested in hunting for grouse in the LML area. It'd be great to meet up and go for a hike and hunt! PM me if you'd like to discuss locations!