PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly bear attack in 7-18

israel
05-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Someone from Prince George survive a grizzly attack if you know him contact me please we are the guys who help him to recover his rifle,

and again buddy you are a lucky guy

drivintrucks_shootinbucks
05-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Holy crap hope nothing to serious and he makes a full recovery. That is where i bear hunt. Where abouts did this happen in 7-18?

gutpile
05-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Wow !
I want to hear that story !

israel
05-25-2013, 11:48 PM
the guy just left wit a little bite in his back we help him to recover his rifle because he didnt have another gun in his truck i will put the story later i just came back and im exhausted. hopefully someone know this guy

Caribou_lou
05-26-2013, 12:44 AM
You didn't get his name? First thing I would have done! Sit the guy down, get his name. Chances are if he was just attacked he was in shock. Did he drive himself back?

yakideath12
05-26-2013, 03:10 AM
damn... hope he is alright

hunter1947
05-26-2013, 04:04 AM
I hope all is ok with this man ,,this kind of thing that he encountered to him is always on my mind when I am in the back country I would like to know how this attack took place when he had a gun with him ,,must have be a surprise attack ???...

604redneck
05-26-2013, 06:46 AM
I hope all is ok with this man ,,this kind of thing that he encountered to him is always on my mind when I am in the back country I would like to know how this attack took place when he had a gun with him ,,must have be a surprise attack ???...they move pretty quietly when they want too and fast as hell when they really want too may have not had a chance to even lift the gun or if he didn't have one chambered already couldn't get the gun loaded. Hopefully he is alright

Spy
05-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Anyone got the full story?

nature girl
05-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Hope the guy is alright.

LBM
05-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Anyone got the full story?

On another site it says he was going in after a bear he had shot, was bite in the back and had some scratches. The story was pretty vague. Will see if more is posted.

srupp
05-26-2013, 05:13 PM
hmmmm the bears story was "self defense, he started it "

steven

proguide66
05-26-2013, 07:07 PM
I know him , send me a pm if you want something passed on.

killman
05-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Prince George guy?

bccanadian
05-27-2013, 12:00 AM
I know him , send me a pm if you want something passed on.

More info would be appreciated when you can.

Thanks

Ride
05-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah i know him. He lives like two houses away from me. PM me if you need assistance.

israel
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM
I hope he is ok, and if he like to contact me, that evening we track the bear again and we find him wounded, my friend and me shot him again, tag him and when I skin him we find he have one shot in the left arm (broke his arm) and one in the left leg. he was very lucky that's why the bear couldn't grab him because he was wounded in the arm and leg. well I will put the story later today.

junkyard_g
05-27-2013, 10:39 AM
heading out that way again soon. how was the access? whereabouts was this attack. not looking for your exact spot just the general area (herrick,gleason, walker, etc).

moosecamp
05-27-2013, 10:55 AM
I hope he is ok, and if he like to contact me, that evening we track the bear again and we find him wounded, my friend and me shot him again, tag him and when I skin him we find he have one shot in the left arm (broke his arm) and one in the left leg. he was very lucky that's why the bear couldn't grab him because he was wounded in the arm and leg. well I will put the story later today.

Did you recover any of the bullets from the grizzly, if so pics would be nice.

moosinaround
05-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Guess this serves as a reminder as to the seriousness of hunting grizz. Glad the fellow is ok, and glad the bear is dispatched. A relatively happy ending! Moosin

emerson
05-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Glad it turned out ok. Good reminder about the risksinherent in bear hunting.

big game chaser
05-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Ya I know him too he's ok! Has some nasty war wounds!

Fred1
05-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Well holy cow! Popping corn and waiting for the story!!!

guntech
05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
A bear with arms and legs...? Can they drive vehicles too?

Mr. Dean
05-27-2013, 11:54 PM
A bear with arms and legs...? Can they drive vehicles too?Rumoured to be left-handed also... Lucky man!

hunter1947
05-28-2013, 04:06 AM
This person was lucky he walked away with no life threatening injuries and its good that the bear did not get away wounded waiting for an up date on this persons condition and what had happened ??.

mpotzold
06-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Ya I know him too he's ok! Has some nasty war wounds!(Big Game Chaser)
Yeah i know him. He lives like two houses away from me. PM me if you need assistance.(Ride)
I know him , send me a pm if you want something passed on.(Proguide66)

……well I will put the story later today. Israel-This was from almost a week ago!:confused:

So what gives? Israel is keeping mum about the story! Why?

The others are not helping.:confused:

Phoned my friend in PG tonight & he didn’t know much more than I did.

What is there to be afraid of?

hunter1947
06-03-2013, 04:34 AM
Maybe this person is still trying to get himself back on track after what had happened to him ?? was a traumatic experience..

Mr. Dean
06-03-2013, 09:22 AM
A lot of people don't feel there's a need to play out their entire lives on the net. And I'm ok with that.

RiverOtter
06-04-2013, 04:56 PM
A lot of people don't feel there's a need to play out their entire lives on the net. And I'm ok with that.

Not too mention, he's prolly a leetle embarrassed about the whole ordeal and doesn't feel like going on trial at HBC......

Just sayin'......

mpotzold
06-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Not too mention, he's prolly a leetle embarrassed about the whole ordeal and doesn't feel like going on trial at HBC......
:)
Just sayin'......

Don’t need to anymore. The final verdict!

Guilty as charged for deliberately withholding critical evidence. :mrgreen:

The Hermit
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
And the lack of photographs draws the whole matter into doubt... it never happened! :-)

Bear Chaser
06-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Bump to top.

gutpile
06-20-2013, 01:27 AM
something doesn't smell right ? why the silents ?

hunter1947
06-20-2013, 03:27 AM
The story will come out of the wood work just a matter of time we will hear..

brew16
06-20-2013, 08:51 AM
So you are saying that you put a third bullet in a guys bear and you tagged it for yourself!! never heard of that before... If that was the bear i put a couple bullets in i would be knocking on your door and want my bear back!!!

Drillbit
06-20-2013, 09:03 AM
So you are saying that you put a third bullet in a guys bear and you tagged it for yourself!! never heard of that before... If that was the bear i put a couple bullets in i would be knocking on your door and want my bear back!!!

If you've never heard of that, I guess you've never heard of Milo Hansen......

Rocky7
06-20-2013, 09:07 AM
... If that was the bear i put a couple bullets in i would be knocking on your door and want my bear back!!!

And if I was the tracker/shooter, I'd be telling you to stop hunting - anything - until you learn to shoot.

Jagermeister
06-20-2013, 09:12 AM
So you are saying that you put a third bullet in a guys bear and you tagged it for yourself!! never heard of that before... If that was the bear i put a couple bullets in i would be knocking on your door and want my bear back!!!I think you would have a hard time laying claim either way. IMO, it was still a fair chase animal as there was no recovery of the bear nor a tag cut.

Mr. Dean
06-20-2013, 09:15 AM

Nope.
You woulda had your chance and messed it up.

In fact,,,,, you should be buying me a handle of Wisers for tracking it down and putting it out of the misery that you created for it.

257stew
06-20-2013, 09:49 AM
something doesn't smell right ? why the silents ?

Where is it required that if something goes wrong in ones life, we should automatically assume that we need to go to a public forumn and tell all as well as be judged by all.

We will see all the " learn to shoot" "should have had a bigger gun" "learn to hunt" "stay out of the bush" etc. crap come out of the wood work.

For all we know the guy could be an accomplished hunter with many animals under his belt and can put 3 shots into one ragged hole at 200 yrds using his 375 H&H. With that said he could also be an inexperienced noob as some will want to make this guy out to be.

Glad all worked out for those involved. The guys with real hunting experience know that things can and do go wrong with hunts,equipment etc. We all need to remember this.

Me personally I would have a hard time paying for and hanging a bear on the wall that was shot twice by another hunter ( and managed to hurt that hunter)and i just finished him off. I would think the guy deserves the bear and I should get my tag cash and a 24 of my favorite wobble pops. If the guy does not want it then fine I would have a bear rug with a great story.

As always this is all IMHO and all will work out as it will. Cheers 257Stew

The Dawg
06-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Where is it required that if something goes wrong in ones life, we should automatically assume that we need to go to a public forumn and tell all as well as be judged by all.

We will see all the " learn to shoot" "should have had a bigger gun" "learn to hunt" "stay out of the bush" etc. crap come out of the wood work.

For all we know the guy could be an accomplished hunter with many animals under his belt and can put 3 shots into one ragged hole at 200 yrds using his 375 H&H. With that said he could also be an inexperienced noob as some will want to make this guy out to be.

Glad all worked out for those involved. The guys with real hunting experience know that things can and do go wrong with hunts,equipment etc. We all need to remember this.

Me personally I would have a hard time paying for and hanging a bear on the wall that was shot twice by another hunter ( and managed to hurt that hunter)and i just finished him off. I would think the guy deserves the bear and I should get my tag cash and a 24 of my favorite wobble pops. If the guy does not want it then fine I would have a bear rug with a great story.

As always this is all IMHO and all will work out as it will. Cheers 257Stew

Well said. I'd think this guy would get flamed hard if he did post up.

As far as I know, he is an experienced hunter and this grizz was just a bit bigger, meaner and a lot less willing to die than expected.

Mistakes happen. This could have been tragic.

For me, it's just a kick in the face that someone could tag a bear that someone else had killed, especially in these circumstances.

Either way, bear or not, the guy is alive and ok. And that's the best outcome.

brew16
06-20-2013, 10:36 AM
you have a good point of shot placement.. but on the other hand i have two grizz on the wall and been apart of serveral other g-bear hunts and they are the toughest animal to get a perfect shot placement on.. and for the other guys beeking about finishing it off. i personally know the guy and he was on his way back to get the bear!!! I pretty sure anyone of us would want to go get stiched up before we head back in for round 2.. i think Israel did the right thing by killing the bear but to tag the bear skin it out and take off without even talking to the guy is greasy as shit!!! I would be pissed!!

brew16
06-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Well said both of you boys lets Get bobby his bear back!!!

As far as I know, he is an experienced hunter and this grizz was just a bit bigger, meaner and a lot less willing to die than expected.

Mistakes happen. This could have been tragic.

For me, it's just a kick in the face that someone could tag a bear that someone else had killed, especially in these circumstances.

Either way, bear or not, the guy is alive and ok. And that's the best outcome.

Singleshotneeded
06-20-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm just happy the hunter is okay and wish him a speedy recovery...and no drama, lol...

rides bike to work
06-20-2013, 11:30 AM
It would be good to hear the details of the accident as this would be educational to all grizz hunters and might help stop future attacks.But i do respect his privacy.but to call isreal greasy for not talking to the guy who was injured is greasy.The guy was probably well on his way to the hospital buy te time isreal tracked the bear and finished it off.And he posted it up here so it would be easy for the guy who got attacked to get in touch with him.I think i picture with the bear who attacked you would be plenty.

pete_k
06-20-2013, 12:06 PM

Have to agree with you on that one Dawg. lol.
There are more than a few on here that like to crap in other peoples pants.

The Hermit
06-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Haha the guy hasn't even posted about his experience but has been tried in the court of HBC opinion found guilty, shot and pissed on. Suspect he will keep the real details to himself regardless now.

Glad our brother in the great hunting fraternity is okay. Glad the wounded bear is dead and no longer an threat...

Jagermeister
06-20-2013, 12:28 PM
you have a good point of shot placement.. but on the other hand i have two grizz on the wall and been apart of serveral other g-bear hunts and they are the toughest animal to get a perfect shot placement on.. and for the other guys beeking about finishing it off. i personally know the guy and he was on his way back to get the bear!!! I pretty sure anyone of us would want to go get stiched up before we head back in for round 2.. i think Israel did the right thing by killing the bear but to tag the bear skin it out and take off without even talking to the guy is greasy as shit!!! I would be pissed!!
I think Israel would be obligated to cut his tag if he finished it off.
For arguments sake, lets say that Israel popped the bear and was about to walk away and a CO happened upon him. What to you think the outcome would be? You can be sure that Israel would be in deep shit right off the bat with a lot of explaining to do. Not to mention that his right to carry on hunting would be curtailed toot sweet along with seizure of related equipment pending the outcome of an investigation.
Israel could have walked away. But leaving a wounded grizzly bear for some other poor unsuspecting person the happen upon would be pretty stupid IMO. And how would Israel know the original shooter's intent?
Israel could have simply reported to the CO office that there had been a g-bear wounding and subsuquent attack upon the shooter. Then what? The COs are dispatched to take care of matters and no one gets the bear.
It's unfortunate for the original hunter that he had to leave the scene, but I think if he reads this reasoning, he can see the merit in it.

hare_assassin
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I think Israel would be obligated to cut his tag if he finished it off.
For arguments sake, lets say that Israel popped the bear and was about to walk away and a CO happened upon him. What to you think the outcome would be? You can be sure that Israel would be in deep shit right off the bat with a lot of explaining to do. Not to mention that his right to carry on hunting would be curtailed toot sweet along with seizure of related equipment pending the outcome of an investigation.
Israel could have walked away. But leaving a wounded grizzly bear for some other poor unsuspecting person the happen upon would be pretty stupid IMO. And how would Israel know the original shooter's intent?
Israel could have simply reported to the CO office that there had been a g-bear wounding and subsuquent attack upon the shooter. Then what? The COs are dispatched to take care of matters and no one gets the bear.
It's unfortunate for the original hunter that he had to leave the scene, but I think if he reads this reasoning, he can see the merit in it.

Exactly, precisely, correct. Israel had no choice. Not knowing that the original shooter was returning, he did the ethical thing to track and kill the bear. Then he did the legal thing and tagged the bear. Why put himself at risk with the law? He didn't ask for the situation. Then he did the morally right thing to post on here and try to find the original shooter.

Yet HBC wants to shit all over the guy? That's just plain ignorance.

Mr. Dean
06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
The person who killed the bear HAS to tag it - It's that simple.
Expecting the bear to be hanging around a day or two later is a stretch IMO. I really think the OP did hunters some justice here by doing what he did - We don't have a pizzed-off Grizz roaming aimlessly about, slowly awaiting an agonizing death.

Now if the shoe were on my foot, I would be feeling some loss on losing the animal but would also sincerely want to congratulate the hunter who got it. I'd rest a lot easier just knowing that it was finished off.
And if any token were offered my way, I'd gladly accept it (skull would be AWESOME!) but nothing would be expected; in my mind, it is his bear.

It is what it is and I personally wouldn't feel 'owed' by the guy - I lost and its time to move on to my next adventure. :wink:

And who knows, maybe the OP is trying to do something and is why he started the thread?
It's really none of my business and I won't project on it.

Mr. Dean
06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
........... Closed.